b

I had been planning to get this rose for a while,...

I had been planning to get this rose for a while, and it came out beautiful. I had it done by a friend who is actually doing pretty well in the tattoo scene and I respect him as an artist. The rose is well shaded and it's just how I like my roses to be. But I feel that it is a little too big and that the leaves look too aggressive where it wraps around my tricep. It's only been a couple of days and I'm not sure if I truly regret the action or if I'm just not used to the big change on my body. I think it looks nice but I can't say I'm 100% satisfied with it at the moment, maybe I will like it more when it lightens up or maybe I truly do regret it but I don't want to believe that. I have been feeling down and lost, and the fact that I did some research on laser removal treatments is embarrassing enough for me to admit. If I truly do regret it then I will consider laser removal treatments but only if I can remove it completely. It's all in black ink, and I have slightly dark skin. I'd love to hear some feedback, I haven't been feeling right since I got it.
Welcome, thanks for sharing with us. Sorry to hear you are feeling somewhat lost about this, but it's a pretty normal reaction to new ink, especially in a very visible place when it's a larger piece. In my opinion, I would wait it out and allow it to blend with you skin, new ink is so dark and out there, but as it fades it will become one with your skin, especially shaded tattoos. I bet it's beautiful as you say, would love if you would post a photo for us.
thank you for the welcome. you may be right about the fading, but it's also due to the fact that it's at a visible place. I suddenly do not feel right about the location. I work in a creative industry and it would not matter, but when I see others with bare arms I start to envy them. could just be due to the new change on my body, but we'll see.
Well, I think it's beautiful, and I am sure some people will look at your arm and envy you.

Photo

Hey there, I am checking in to see if you started removal or did you decide to keep your tattoo? Hope all is well!

Photo

Keep it bro its a nice tattoo! If its against your moral's than find a good clinic with experience and up to date equipment.
I Know exactly how it feels to plan something and then get rejected by the way it looks on your body. I did the same thing with my tattoo which i planned for couple of months, but a poor choice of artist and cheapening of positioning according to artist recommendations have made the regret feelings rise up just a few days after getting inked... I think its a nicely done piece, give it a month or two to decide. but most important: don't listen to friends or other people comments, just try to focus on your opinion. if you decide you want it off just go for it and go for cover fade or full fade. For me the point i decided i don't want to live with my tattoo and have to get it laserd for a cover is when i realized that almost every tattoo that i saw i imagined it would look better on me then the current one. Maybe you can try this method of thinking and see what you feel. Don't compromise on your body art, its your body and its important you will like it.
I think it looks really effective, I would keep going and add other bits around it. :)