Just Had Smartlipo MPX Done on Multiple Areas

I am a female in my mid-20s, 5'6" and 140...

I am a female in my mid-20s, 5'6" and 140 pounds. I had smartlipo performed on my upper and lower abs, inner and back of thighs, and inner parts of the knees. These are all areas I have struggled losing fat in, despite starving and exercising and weights and even running more than 5 miles a day. I spent the last year just trying to decrease my abdominal fat but I had no luck.

When I went in for my consultation, the doctor said I didn't seem to have too much fat in my abs but more loose skin from the weight loss...he said the same thing about my thighs. He truly believed that smartlipo would be the best solution for me.

I went through with the procedure just earlier this week and it has been about 3 days now. The drainage finally stopped yesterday but the bruising is still slightly present. But to be honest I see absolutely no change in my overall size or shape, if anything the swelling is just making me look fatter than before.

I am keeping this hideous compression garmet on 24 hrs except when I shower. My doctor has recommended that I wear it for the first 2 weeks straight and then just 12 hours for the next 2 weeks. I have no idea when I am to see these "instant" results.

Just so you know, the procedure was very painful and even after I was in a lot of pain the next day. I skipped work the following day, and simple things like sitting on a chair or a toilet were excruciating. It still hurts to sit on the toilet but the pain is much more bareable. FYI I like to think I have a very good pain threashold...so if you don't exactly enjoy pain or the sight of blood, this might not be the procedure for you. My doctor said he had to use a lot of fluid in my abdomen so I had massive drainage (this includes water and blood from injury) and diuresis the first 48 hrs.

I am still exteremely swollen and nothing looks different, even my knees I see no slight change. Maybe I am just being skeptical but will keep you all posted. I will be seeing my doctor in a few days for a followup again.

Good luck to everyone out there!

Before my doctor recievedmy payment, him and his staff really gave me that "extra" attention. After the payment was made and I was locked in, I hardly ever even got any follow-up phone calls or any reminders for my procedure. Now as far as his overall performance, I cannot say until I have seen the result...which don't look all that impressive so far unforunately.

Be the first to comment on this video...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join RealSelf or log in