Sculptra, Juvederm and Botox - Connecticut

I wanted to wait before writing my review. I...

I wanted to wait before writing my review. I started Sculptra and Juvederm last November, 2010.

I have a wonderul double board certified plastic surgeon who did my rhinoplasty several years ago and I never considered going to anyone else.

I was very nervous about the Sculptra since I had read so many horror stories. My Dr. explained the pros and cons of each filler. We decided to go with Sculptra for the cheeks and juvederm for the laugh lines and marionette lines.

I had miminal bruising and was advised to do the 5 min, 5 times for 5 days massage.

It is 16 months later and I am very, very happy with the results. The Sculptra worked exactly the way it was supposed to - gradually. I have had five treatments and had my last treatment yesterday. I also have the Juvederm done every 6-7 months and had that done as well. This time we added Botox. I don't have 11's but I do have horizontal lines. I know it takes a few days to take effect but I really love the results!

I decided on Sculptra because I have always had a thin face and am 49 years old. My face was getting thinner so I definitely needed volume.

I would highly recommend my Dr. She does amazing work and she is extremely kind and patient.

New Haven Plastic Surgeon

She had an excellent reputation and is one of the loveliest people you will ever meet. She is double board certified and has extensive experience with Sculptra. She has an artist's eye.

Hi :)
I had my sculptra treatment done on Monday (4 days ago) they used 2 vials on my cheeks, jawline area.. Been doing my massages everyday 5/5/5
Well my sad story is that no one ever told me that I would have to get more treatments for it to work, and someone else paid for it , and that's that... They also did dysport/Botox on my forehead and static 11's , which turns out that unless you get a filler in the 11s it doesn't work on them, which is the only reason I went in the first place.. Very unhappy . And I've never heard of any successful sculptra stories on these message boards that was only one treatment . Ten syringes, painful , 2 vials... For nothing:(

Hi anna,

Welcome to the Sculptra community. I'm so glad this worked out so well for you. Sounds like you got the results you wanted and that you had a really great doctor. Did you have any pain or downtime from your treatments? Do you have pictures? The community loves pictures of great work. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Hi Britt,

Unfortunatley, I don't have pictures. My Dr. took before and afters at each treatment. I'll aske her if I could have a copy.

I'm not sure if I should have been more clear on the Scupltra and my initial hesitation. I voiced my concerns to my Dr. about the complaints of lumps and bumps from some of the posters here.

My Dr. explained that the solution is diluted more now and it should never be used near the eyes or mouth. It should only be injected deep in the skin (either in or below the muscle - I don't remember which one she said) - never subcutaneously. Also, a little at a time, wait six weeks, etc., massage.

I had very little bruising and very little swelling, although I loved the swelling! I could have gone out that night with a little makeup. The Dr. has me lay on the table with ice for about 10 minutes after the all the injections and then I do the ice on and off for the rest of the day.

I didn't have any bruising with the botox and, at five days later, I love it! I don't look suprised, my forehead is smoother and my outer eyes have a little lift to them.

I'm glad I can share the info about a great Dr. with others who may be interested in this procedure.

Thanks,
Annalisa

Hi annalisa72,

We too are glad you can share this information with the community too. Thanks for the added info and if you get pictures that would be great, but no worries if you can't. Are you going to continue to do this in the future? Keep us updated :)

Thanks,