My Decision to Get a Tummy Tuck - Connecticut

I had my first child at age 15. I did'nt even...

I had my first child at age 15. I did'nt even recognize myself after coming home from the hospital. After nursing for a year my boobs were never the same either. I never gained much weight and have always been thin and into nutrition and exercise but nothing would change the saggy, deflated belly skin that I have grown to despise. Finally at age 30, 4 kids later, the time has come. I am terrified and more exited than ever and cant wait to look in the mirror and see a flat tummy in the reflection. Finding this website has been a huge help in my decision to go through with it!

Photo Update

Ok, its day 4 post-op and I finally feel like a...

Ok, its day 4 post-op and I finally feel like a human again. Sponge bath, hair washed, lotion and deoderant and Im a new person! Only taking tylenol and valium to help me sleep. My back and bum hurt worse than anything although my tummy burns a bit all over. I have not walked much except to the potty and its still quite painful to get up, prob because Im not on narcs. They just make me so sick. I see my new tummy tommorrow and the wrapping Ive been in since wed. is soaked with dried blood. Its so gross and I cant imagine how its going to hurt coming off. Breathing is hard.Cant take a good deep breath in most positions. This is not easy by any means, but Im so happy it is over with. Any one having 2nd thoughts, dont. Just go for it!

Day 5! Dressings came off today and saw my new bod...

Day 5! Dressings came off today and saw my new bod for the first time. I have to be honest, I was surprised that there is still some loose skin on my lower belly and a lot more stretch marks left than I had hoped. Also, my new belly button is absolutely TINY! At first I thought they forgot to give me one! My hubby said not to worry but my teen said it is really bad (too small). I dont know what to do, please tell me what you think ladies. At this point all I know is that when I look at my before pics and then see my new tummy Im in awe at the amazing difference and Im happy. I know Im only 5 days post op and things will continue to change and get better so Im not letting my high expectations get in the way of the healing process, but the loose skin down low was a bit of a surprise, is this normal? I thought I would be tighter all the way down. You cant tell in my pics, but its there

Please! tell me which doctor did you go to? I live in CT and I need advice
You look great and your incision looks really good too, do you mind if I ask who your PS was?
You look great! Can you recommend a Dr. on this site? I'm in CT too but the one Dr. everyone seems to have heard of just seemed so nonchalant when I went for consult about a year ago.
I can lay straight but my shoulders are always proped up with my pillows or I'm on one of my sides which are both starting to get really sore..:-( I still wake up all night to change positions.. In time I know ill be normal again. I really just want to put on a pair of Jeans an today I tried an wanted to cry.. I'm still to swollen even in my legs! Guess 3 weeks is to soon for me..

The jeans will be a while yet...hang tight!
Thats a relief to know that its not just me. My ps keeps telling me to stand up straight and lay straight in the bed, but its just doesnt feel like its time yet. Im definitely trusting my body on this one and letting nature take its course.

These things don't happen as easy as they say:)   Just go slow and at your own pace.
LOL... You will be standing strait before you know it. Im strait but not completly if I am completly I feel like my incesion will burst open! lol... Scarey but thats what it feels like., Soon enough :-)
Thanks! Feeling better every day, Im just still having trouble with the whole standing up straight thing. My PS is on my case about it. Its just so hard to stand normal. It gets better and better, but at 3 weeks post op I thought for sure I would look normal when walking, not like the hunchback of Notre Dame.lol
Lynn you Look GREAT!!!
Just checking in to see how you were doing. Hope all is going well!
you look awesome!! i still have some clearish/white stretch marks but its sooo much better than that nasty saggy skin i had before i love my new tummy!! and your belly button looks great too....it couldnt be swelling that is making it look smaller? have you talked to your PS about it?
I think that you look great I love the new tummy and you have a cute belly button....
Looking Good Lynnlynn! Good luck at Docs tomorrow!
Your looking great! Your going to be so happy with your results and I don't think your belly button is too small. Your body is going to continualy change for awhile and take many different shapes before you actually see the end result.
I saw your pics before I read your review. I think you look wonderful. I couldn't see any stretch marks, your scar looks amazing and your belly button looks proportionate (sp) to your new belly.
Like the others said, don't be too hard on yourself now. Give it some time, but I think you look great to be honest with you!! CONGRATS!!!
Personally, I want a smallish belly button. In some pics. they look so big. You look so good. You really do have to wait foor full results. I had breast lift alittle over a year ago and it took several months to really see the true shape at the incision sights. Rest and try not to worry!

Lookin good girlie!!!  Bye Bye muffin top :)
you look great!! dont be hard on yourself.. just wait and see!!! congrats
Ok ladies, I posted some new,um,rather naked, pics. I feel amazing and this is just the beginning of recovery for me. I dont ever have to tuck my roll of flab into another pair of paints again! My belly button seems way too small, but Im just too happy to really care much at this point because for the first time in 15 years, when I pulled my shirt up, I wasnt completely embarassed by what is lurking underneath!
Your tummy looks very nice girl you are flat as a pancake (smile)
Your tummy looks so flat on the side view ! I am so happy for you. Hope you feel better soon.
You look great already I wish you a speedy painless recovery mines is the 18th of this month ......
Im sure you are counting down the days! Just remember when you get to the hospital, it all goes by sooo fast, even the first 4 days or so are like a blur. Before you know it you are going to to be up and about and looking (and feeling)amazing!
I hope so I can't wait to say it's finally over....