My Decision to Get a Tummy Tuck - Connecticut

I had my first child at age 15. I did'nt even...

I had my first child at age 15. I did'nt even recognize myself after coming home from the hospital. After nursing for a year my boobs were never the same either. I never gained much weight and have always been thin and into nutrition and exercise but nothing would change the saggy, deflated belly skin that I have grown to despise. Finally at age 30, 4 kids later, the time has come. I am terrified and more exited than ever and cant wait to look in the mirror and see a flat tummy in the reflection. Finding this website has been a huge help in my decision to go through with it!

Wow, just got a call from my PS. He will be out of town on March 4th(my surgery date) and I was moved up to March 2nd! I am so excited, 2 days less to wait. But after planning for the 4th for so long it is freaking me out that in 12 days it is really happening. Just ordered my stage 1 and 2 garments and it is feeling so official. Cant even contain myself! Im going to post some better before pics soon as the one I posted isnt great. Im hoping to be strong enough to document the whole experience with pics everyday like the other ladies on here. We will see!
Okay, so you go 3 days before me! Keep us updated on here, I would love to hear how your experience goes. The high wasted shorts are what he wants me to buy. Im just wondering where the heck the drainage tubes go? Im guessing they must get pulled out the bottom of the garment and clipped to it.I have so many little random worries now that its 2 weeks from today.
Ok, so the garment my doctor recommended me to buy has slits to accommodate drainage tubes. Tried to order it and they no longer carry this. They have a newer version and told me that they have never heard of "drainage slits" and that the girdles are not usually worn until AFTER the tubes come out. So confused. My PS says that I must bring the garment on the day of surgery, so where do the drainage tubes go? And if this garment is wrong, what the heck am I going to wear home,as doc does not provide compression girdle? He says he does not use binders. My big day is only 17 days away. Im super excited,but starting to freak out about having everything I need.

Photo Update

hey how are you feeling.. i cant wait to see your pics!!!
This site has been a godsend. Thanks for all the well wishing, it lets me know I a, not alone. I cant believe I really did it and it is finally over!!!
lynn lynn its tt eve. I pray that all goes well and you have a speedy recovery..

Ok, its day 4 post-op and I finally feel like a...

Ok, its day 4 post-op and I finally feel like a human again. Sponge bath, hair washed, lotion and deoderant and Im a new person! Only taking tylenol and valium to help me sleep. My back and bum hurt worse than anything although my tummy burns a bit all over. I have not walked much except to the potty and its still quite painful to get up, prob because Im not on narcs. They just make me so sick. I see my new tummy tommorrow and the wrapping Ive been in since wed. is soaked with dried blood. Its so gross and I cant imagine how its going to hurt coming off. Breathing is hard.Cant take a good deep breath in most positions. This is not easy by any means, but Im so happy it is over with. Any one having 2nd thoughts, dont. Just go for it!

You look great already I wish you a speedy painless recovery mines is the 18th of this month ......
Glad you're feeling good, Lynn!
Looking good so far!! Can't wait to see your tummy pics. You already look a lot flatter! So exciting, isn't it?! I'm very happy for you!

Day 5! Dressings came off today and saw my new bod...

Day 5! Dressings came off today and saw my new bod for the first time. I have to be honest, I was surprised that there is still some loose skin on my lower belly and a lot more stretch marks left than I had hoped. Also, my new belly button is absolutely TINY! At first I thought they forgot to give me one! My hubby said not to worry but my teen said it is really bad (too small). I dont know what to do, please tell me what you think ladies. At this point all I know is that when I look at my before pics and then see my new tummy Im in awe at the amazing difference and Im happy. I know Im only 5 days post op and things will continue to change and get better so Im not letting my high expectations get in the way of the healing process, but the loose skin down low was a bit of a surprise, is this normal? I thought I would be tighter all the way down. You cant tell in my pics, but its there

Please! tell me which doctor did you go to? I live in CT and I need advice
You look great and your incision looks really good too, do you mind if I ask who your PS was?
You look great! Can you recommend a Dr. on this site? I'm in CT too but the one Dr. everyone seems to have heard of just seemed so nonchalant when I went for consult about a year ago.