Subtle, but Definitely a Difference! - Bloomfield, CT

I had Zeltiq done on 3/29/11 on my love handles...

I had Zeltiq done on 3/29/11 on my love handles and my lower stomach. I'm 25 years old, 5'2" tall, and 117 lbs. I chose coolsculpting because I had love handles and a lower stomach that didn't match the rest of my small frame, and they were extremely hard to get rid of with just diet and excercise.

Procedure: I used the small applicator which costs $750.00 per area. The procedure itself was relatively uncomfortable, but not unbearable. It's not pain that is bothersome, rather, it's pressure. It was much worse on the stomach than on the love handles. I felt like it was hard to take a deep breath because so much of my stomach was squished into the little device. This is apparently normal and nothing to worry about. When choosing this procedure, be sure that you're prepared for the instense feeling of suction by the machine! After about 10 minutes I became numb, which helped me relax. I spent three hours total in the office--1 hour per area being treated.

Results: It's been 2.5 months since my procedure and I have noticed a subtle, yet very nice difference in my body. My jeans and underwear fit smoothly against my body without the "muffin top" effect and my stomach is much flatter in the front. The results are not drastic, but they are just enough for someone looking to lose that little extra, stubborn area. As far as others notcing, somne people have asked me if I've lost weight, some others have simply complimented how fit I look, and my boyfriend is raving about how amazing my body looks. It's hard for me to tell because it comes off so gradually, but I'm sure I'll be amazed when I got in for my 4 month follow-up and see my before pics.

Moving Forward: I have an appointment in July to measure my 4 month results (that is how long it takes to truly work) and determine whether or not I will get a second treatment done. At this rate, I'm very happy where I am (especially if it works even more over the next month) and I don't anticipate having a second round. I will post photos after my 4 month visit :-)

Welcome to RealSelf and thanks for posting your experience, DaniJeanine! Glad to hear you're starting to see results. Please keep us posted on your progress. :)

Absolutely! I'm very excited to get the before pics from my doctor's office so I can post a before and after for everyone! :-)
Bloomfield Dermatologist

This office was clean, professional, quick, and responsive. The staff was warm and helpful and they never made me feel "stupid" for asking questions or voicing concerns.