Fantastic! - Concord, NC

I have had ZERO complications and would definitely...

I have had ZERO complications and would definitely do this again! After life-long obesity, I decided to have RNY gastric bypass. I have no regrets. I lost over 100% of my excess body weight and have maintained my weight loss for 4 years now.

Roc Bauman, MD

He has the BEST program, in my opinion, regarding followup (pre and postop), nutritionist counseling, and long-term followup recommendations & yearly blood work checks.

Beautiful. Did you get the extra skin removal surgery or were you able to tone up yourself?
You are beautiful! congratulations!

I heard we have side effects by this Gastric bypass surgery. But you said you doesn't have any complications. What is your diet after surgery?

wow wow wow, what a transformation. you're looking amazing

Hi Dena,

Thanks for the extra info, your continued hard work has certainly paid off.

Kirsty

Hi Liltinee,

Wow! You look amazing and have obviosuly worked hard to get this far in your journey.

How did you deal with changing your eating habits? Did you suffer from "dumping" much?

Kirsty

Kirsty,
I still dump, even at 4 years postop! But the majority of the time, I feel great without any issues. When I dump, it's because I wasn't careful about what I chose to eat -- mostly with too much sugar or fat. As long as I read labels, I do fine (although I'm HARD HEADED!).
Dena
Forgot to answer your question about eating habits! It really wasn't that hard to change because I had lots of preop prep in that regard from the surgeon & nutritionist, and lots of postop followup. And I was mentally really ready to make the changes. Postop I wasn't hungry for 6 months, either, and I only ate because I knew I HAD to, not because I wanted to. That was a huge difference for me because I had a HUGE appetite preop.

Thanks for your sweet comments!

Dena