at 50, you're supposed to have some lines and wrinkles.. - Complete Waste of Money - Virginia, VA

I should have read these reviews before getting...

I should have read these reviews before getting injected with Restylane. Although I was prepared for the bruising and some discomfort, I didn't expect that the filler would completely disappear in the space of one week (except for some small white nodules and faint purple lines which I only can hope will go away over time). It was an expensive experiment. I had just started with the botox (forehead), which didn't last long either and was ready to try it again when the plastic surgeon suggested Restylane for nasolabial lines and the chin indentation (there was a discount special for two procedures, so I thought "why not?"). I won't do it again, and maybe not any other filler as well. Sometimes you don't know how good you look until you look worse! After all, at 50, you're supposed to have some lines and wrinkles...

Although it didn't work for me, the doctor seems to have acted in good faith and won't perform procedures that he knows are not good medicine.

i had a similar experience with Restylane. I am 49, had nasolabial folds injected with Restylane a week ago. The doctor pressed and rubbed so hard with a gauze(!) that i ended up with a carpet burn the size of a coin on one side of my face. After one week it is still peeling and red! When the swelling went down, my NL folds look exactly as deep as before. A complete waste of money, and i look worse because of the scab!
At 50 most people have some lines and wrinkles but I don't know about supposed to have lines and wrinkles. Many lines and wrinkles are caused by external factors (cig smoke, sun- uvA&B, stress, etc). PROBLEM: In some individuals it requires twice as much product to correct minor faults and this may be due to the texture of the skin, the length and size of the lines or the depth of the injected product. Try a different injector (MD, PA or NP)and maybe a different product (Radiesse) and you may see that these procedures really work and is worth it, however $600.00 for Restylane seems quite much. SOLUTION: Return to the medical provider that treated you and try to obtain some of you money back but state your case and show him that the after look is the same as the before look. If this fails, chaulk it up to a bad experience with a bad provider. These products work well in good experienced hands (MD, PA or NP) medical providers. I f you went for treatment then you have a need to look better and you probably know that you can, don't quit after one bad experience when you have seen and heard of many many great outcomes. Don't obsess over beauty though, mild corrections that compliment you features are all that maybe required. Treating your face is only a small part of your over-all beauty. C. Clarke