My Experience with J. Smythe Rich II MD - Columnia, SC

Dr Rich is a Consummate Salesperson with more...

Dr Rich is a Consummate Salesperson with more emphasis on sales than the actual patient so be careful with how much you actually want/need vs what he is trying to sell. His surgical technique has produced a satisfactory outcome for myself (partial facelift). He also has done a nice job with fillers i.e. Juvederm as well as Botox paralytic injections. He has caused significant bruising on my face with Botox injections due to hitting capillaries by accident ( I had a black eye for 7-10 days). However, the overall results are/ were satisfactory. Only once were the Botox injections ineffective and he was willing to correct that lapse at no charge to myself.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

His office staff is pleasant but not overtly friendly or customer service oriented. The office is not managed with a great amount of efficiency. If you make an appointment with him, be prepared to wait 1- 1.5 hours to see him after your scheduled appointment time. The office is not conscientious of patients’ time and/or schedules. Overall, I would recommend Dr Rich with the above reservations taken into consideration.

Thank you for posting and sharing your experience. I'm glad the outcome was what you'd hoped for. Do you think you'll post any pics? I'd love to see your results, if you don't mind sharing.