Very nervous but excited to have the surgery. I...

Very nervous but excited to have the surgery. I have worked hard for 2 years with getting exercise an making a lifestyle change on foods.... My procedure is Sept 25, 2013 an it is closing in quickly. I was 205 lbs as of August 2011. I joined weight watchers an I now have lost 45lbs an 23 inches. I have a belly that will not leave cause of 2 kids. I use weights, do Zumba, walk, an step classes an the weight just will not leave this area.

You will be amazed at your self confidence after surgery! And that you will be able to, (eventually), do your exercises and have them make a huge difference! Make sure you take before pics, even if they are just for you, you will be glad you did! There's nothing like going back to those pics and comparing! Also, the things I couldn't live without right after surgery were cough drops, straws,(it's hard to tip your head back the first week!), someone to be there with you the first three days at least, crackers, chapstick, stool softener and/or milk of magnesia,(for a bit later for that BM!), an alarm to wake you for your meds. There are other things, but these are the things I HAD to have and used a lot! Congrats on your weight loss! You have worked hard and this is the next step to getting the body you want!
Thank you so much for all the helpful tips!!!! Your words of encouragement helps a lot... Yes I so hope I heal well so my exercise routine can start back up slowly... I have always been so down on my belly but as u said I am looking for this to boost me up ...
Thank you!!!!!!

Side pic

Here are a couple of pics for the before

Side pic

Excited for you and all your progress! You will look great! I wish I had taken more before pics (or any, really!) so you're smart for doing that. Make sure you have someone to take care of you for a couple weeks and that you have a lot of loose fitting stretchy pants too! Your new body will be motivation to keep up with your progress! I too lost a lot of weight and the thought of going back to the stomach I had before has really helped me stick with my program! Keep us updated!
Thank you so much for your post. I currently have a list of things to get/have ready before the big day..

Flur de lis

I forgot to mention that my surgeon suggested to have this done as well since my upper belly was so stretched from my first kids bottom:) so the scar will be there but the after scar doesn't look so bad. Anyone else have this done ???

You have the perfect body for a great TT. That loose skin will disappear, everything will be tight, and you'll be so pleased you did it.
Thank you!!! I hope it turns out great but getting this extra skin an flab off is going to help with my exercising ( extra weight that isn't good to carry) you look great as well!!!

Lists of many!!!!

Ladies need some opinions ... Get a recliner or not??? Should I need a walker? What is the best scar oil to get? Just want to have it all covered :-)

I just read your comments on my bio and realized I really need to update my posting. I'm po week 9. Time has flown!! I read your recent questions. You should not need a walker as long as your in a compression garment. That cg gives you lots of vertical support. Balsa, if you're thinking about renting a recliner, go for the semi auto hospital bed if u have room. Lots of great feedback about that. I slept in my own bed but have a big strong hubby who took two weeks of FMLA to take care of me. If I hadn't had that, I definitely would have rented a bed.
You look awesome an glad time has flown for you an hope the pain is in the past. Thank you so much for responding to my posts I have seen so many different items that people have used an just trying to get it all lined up :)

29 days!!!!

Ladies what all blood work is done during a preop appt?!?! Mines in a week .. EKG was done last month for another procedure done on my leg is it the same thing as that preop??!!

Looking good. I hear a lot of people like bio oil. I'm trying skin science invicible and silicon sheets. My scar healing up nicely.. Recliner was uncomfortable on my back, it may work for you though. My bed was a good height to get on and off. If u can rent a hospital bed, yeah those rock...
Thank you!!!!
I would not have made it this far without a recliner. 31 days PO today and I'm still sleeping in it ... I live alone so I'm not upsetting anyone by staying out of the bed LOL Nonetheless, I have been a belly/side sleeper my entire life so this was DRASTIC for me. The first week was ROUGH because my back was rebelling but I got used to it. I took tylenol for the discomfort and now, the recliner is like a security blanket for me. I have a small lumbar pillow for my lower back and I keep a pillow under my legs while I'm sleeping. I imagine I'm going to be there for another month. The foam wedges work great for the bed though. When you're ready to go back to the bed. I have them and I HAVE napped in the bed. I found it felt exactly like the recliner as far as the position goes, but I prefer the recliner because the arms are there, my tables are right there with everything I need at my fingertips.

24 more days!!!!

Well sitting here at Virginia beach I keep thinking I can not wait until next year when I can feel comfy in a Bikini!!!! I keep reading the comments that keep getting posts an seems like we get ourselves very worked up cause we r moms an its hard to be down for so long. 3 boys, 2 dogs an a hubby what are they going to do :-)... Thursday I have my preop appt with my family Dr to get all the blood work done etc.... It's nearing an just trying to get things aligned

Good luck with your surgery and recovery! I think you will love your new body!
Thank you! Good luck to you as we'll :-)

Nerves

I sit here this morning trying to concentrate at work but I have so many thoughts going through my head. Called my family dr about my pre op appt that is scheduled on Thursday to see if I need to fast an yes they do want me to. Called the surgery center an now registered with them. Going to drop off scripts this weekend to have then filled an ready . At times I stand in front of the mirror just trying to imagine a flat belly an try pulling it to the side as much as I can. It seems like 3 weeks is so far a way but then again it's seems to close to believe.

I totally understand how you are feeling. I'm already having dreams about it. LOL It will be here before you know it.
No dreams yet but not sleeping very good at all!!!! :-( I'm so wanting to sleep right now!!!

New pics

Side pic n a plank position picture ... Man these are horrible

Preop appt - completed

Well that was easy.... Just some blood work an a physical!! In an out within a half an hour. I thought there would be more to it but glad it was so simple. Well now to get the rest of my supplies on my list this weekend!! Then the recliner as my bed is WAY to high an my couch is way to low. I know my boys will be a big help as well as my hubby. My mom is going up with me an the hubby for the procedure an then she took 2 days off after to be with me while he goes back to work. We own out own business so it's hard to keep him away to long. Getting excited to fianally have some curves ..!!!!

Good luck!! I hope everything goes well!
So excited for you! Mine is on October 1st so please keep us posted! You're going to look so good! :)
I can not wait to get rid of this belly an to be able to look down an see my feet!!!! Lol thank you I will keep everyone updated!!!! Please keep us posts also I will have a lot of down time to read up on all of us TT girls

Ugh!!!... UTI or bladder infection

Wow what a weekend. Not felt the greatest since Saturday an went to the Dr to see if I have a UTI or what cause I am miserable an have only had one about 6 years ago. I'm so bloated!!! I woke up this morning an I remember a little about my dream that I had.... Someone (can't remember who) an I were having coffee an they were talking about fitness etc an looked at me an said you need to lose more weight before this surgery... I was devastated ... So I guess let the dreams begin 16 days before.....

14 days!!!! Oh my

Yep I have a UTI an now on an antibiotic ... Nerves are kicking in on the pain part an worrying about my dogs an my kids. Part of being a mom an animal lover.

Bought a few more pillows, have some outfits picked out for the ride home the day after, cleaned the family room down stairs now just to shampoo the carpet an paint my sons room.... Trying to get all this dine so I know it is done :-) so much to do an haven't worked out n1 week with 2 boys in football but have been walking during their practices .... Hope I can sleep tonight it's getting to the point I'm up every hour peeing!!!!

Wow really glad you posted about fasting for blood work. I don't think I've been told either way. I have the ps pre op and a visit w the hospital 2 day before the tt. So it will make things dificult if I don't get it right the first time!
Good luck you are going to look amazing! Thank you so much for the comments you posted on my page :) please feel free to ask me anything about my experience. I will be happy to help.
Thank you so much!!! I can't wait to see all the hard work that I have done in 3 years... I know after it will take time but just to have this belly gone is going to be priceless. I asked my nurse if I need any after CG an she said no? they finally emailed me to let me know I am cleared for surgery ..!!!! I will keep in touch ... U look alot like a sales rep I worked with in FL :)

Final payment made...

Wow if that doesn't drain your account!!! :-)

Well final payment for the surgery and outpatient services. Seems a little more real now after I did it my stomach was all in knots :-) I'm on the downslide to the flat side baby!!!

You are nervous that is normal but nothing is going to happen to you, only good things! I love my new body it's really really hot! You have the support of all these ladies who have been thru it as well. Day after day you slee new ladies that have crossed over and you're next!You will do great please don't stress out like I did. I look back now and it was all wasted energy and a few sleepless nights too! So don't do that. Your before pictures are great! Your totally doing the right thing by going fwd with this surgery..it's going to change your life and I'm very excited for you New36 :)
Thank you so much for your support and this post.. I keep telling myself it is wasted energy an just to work out an relieve the stress of the day! You look amazing so beautiful....you hot thing! Can't wait to get the flat side an start harder work outs an more defined body!! Again thank you it means lot .. I will try to calm down :-)
My PS has not told me anything about scar revision or other CG's?? Is this normal an will they after my first few appts?

Well down to the single digits

Down to 9 days before I get to join the flat side, kind of down due to not smoking now for 5 weeks an gained 6 lbs :( hope this doesn't affect the outcome I have been watching my eating very closely an still doing Zumba 4 times a week an walking ...

Same day as me! Made my payment this morning but won't find out the surgery time until later this week. Good luck to you and thanks for shring your storey. I'll be sure to follow you post op :)
Sweet haven't found anyone the same day as me yet!!! Good luck to you as we'll an I will follow you on your pre an post :-)
when are you scheduled for?

7 days!!

Well long list of things to complete this weekend before next week! Busy from Friday after work until Sunday evening !!! Made arrangements last week to go the night before so we r not traveling in the middle of the night to get to the surgery center. I have a few things packed ... I'm always one to pack early :-) getting so excited but still not sleeping good!!!!!

I'm the day after you and also have to travel...not looking forward to that. well good luck! and keep us posted
No worries I will have plenty of time to update an keep up on all my TT Chica's
Hey!! :)))

New pics.... 1 week pre op :-)

Take 2 on pic

I think from here on the days go super fast! I could not sleep last night!
I totally agree!! I can't even concentrate here at work!!!
Me neither! Good thing I've got a routine going and can work on auto pilot.

Almost time!!!!

So much to do this weekend! Very excited about Wednesday not to nervous I am more anxious today than before. Hubby an I were looking at a lot of before an after pics on RD last night an his comment was well guess I'm gonna have to have u closed to me all the time cause if the results are really that good I'm not gonna want to let u go anywhere alone! He is too funny an he said if I leave him after this he wants visitation rights :).... too funny I love this man more than anything an I want to b that bigwigs buy the hot husband an I know I will be....ok well off to lunch an do some quick errands

Your a few short days away! Are you excited?!! It's going to be great.
I know I am so excited just finished my list of things to get. Leaving walmart ... Lots of stuff for clean eating !!!!! Picked out my recliner it's electric but doesn't raise up .. Been looking for one .. Nothing like last minute :) trying to mentally get ready .. I am hoping for good results
Hey' it's where there is a vertical scar an a horizontal .. So like a T scar they take a lot of the upper skin so that is where the vertical scar comes from. Not to good at explaining this my apologies

3 days

I have had another weekend of nesting!!! Cleaning walls washing all bed linens , dogs bathed, grocery store, pharmacy, football games, setting up my in table with all my goodies beside my chair .... Kids fighting is making my nerves worse... They aren't listening to anything an mouthy .. No I know it's not a parent blog but i seriously would like to hide ...

Floors mopped, bathroom cleaned well both of them ... Downstairs swept also.. Ok enough of cleaning ... It has helped me keep my mind off of surgery in 3 days ... Tonight a long bubble bath :-)

Good luck. See u on flatside!!!
Thank you mamaQ!!!! See ya soon :-) so excited
Sounds like this are in order :) So excited for you!!! Good luck and update us when you can :)

Time confirmed!!!

Have to be at the surgery center at 6am an surgery is scheduled at 730am :-) packing our bags so when hubby gets home we can get in the road.

Good luck tomorrow. :)
Thank you!!!! I will looming forward to keeping up with ya!!!!
Good luck! This time tomorrow you will be on the other side :) Sending positive thoughts and wishing you a speedy recovery!

On my way!!!

Heading up to stay the night in the hotel to try to relax a little. I didn't sleep well at all last night so hope I get a little rest. I got to be all clean an heading to start my flat journey. I will try to get a pic of the marks before I get wheeled in :-)

Your results will surpass your expectations!
:-) looking forward to that!!!
Good luck!!

An were off!!!!

Here we go !!! Heading to the surgery center

Good Luck!!! I'm soooo excited for you!!! Sending positive vibes your way!!
Good luck!
We're all thinking of you and sending only positive thoughts and vibes your way! See you on the flat side!

All done!

Hey ladies I was done about 930 an left the surgery center around 1130am... I feel very sore an tired just woke up to eat some chicken noodle soup an now to go to pee. :( lol

Hope you are feeling ok. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!
Awesome! I'm so happy for you! Rest up...
Can't wait to hear how the recovery goes!

1st pic of the reveal!!!!

Feeling pretty well except where the drains are but it's going better than expected :)
Do your drains hurt constantly or only when your moving?
Yeah, the drains are a pain in the ass ;) but the good thing is they come out!!! Your looking Great...and flat!!! :) Yahooo!!! Sending more healing thoughts your way!

Cough!!!

This part hurts the most ... Trying to breathe deep an cough to get my lungs cleared but it hurts :( I have my pillow right here with me. Going to take binder off here in a bit as I have to put some liquid stuff on it cause the dr said its dusky?!?!?

Wow you look great! What was the reason your surgeon cut you vertically? I'm sure it's going to make you even flatter, but was curious. I had surgery same day as you. I just started coughing a little today. OMG! Oooooooooow.
The coughing totally sucks!!!!! Well I was stretched really bad above the belly button from my first boy's bottom that he suggested a fleur de Lis ... Looked over a lot if photos he did with this vertical scar an it was very very light an the ladies looked amazing. I know I have Been watching for ur updates :)
fleur de lis sounds so pretty doesn't it. Well you look fabulous. And you are right, the incisision will fade to nothing before you know it. You look so smooth too.

Bloated!!!!!!!

well been passing a lot of gas an belly is gurgling a lot!!! Just took some MOMS to help get this moving cause this bloat ness sucks!!!!!

Congrats on you weight loss....and Welcome to the Flat Side....it's a little like OZ but when you awake....your still gonna be ON THE FLAT SIDE and its totally Dreamy...... I had surgery September 16th.... am healing well and I'm 60 .hummmm Sexy at Sixty..... Sounds good to me. LOL Coughing is rough.... laughing hurts like the dickens too , Gas X works like a charm....I couldn't get by with out it... ((((Healing)))) (((Hugs))) LiveLoveBelieve
Thank you for your post!!! Love reading your posts :-) it's so nice being flat .. Now just to heal an start the exercising to get back to working on the rest of the body. Yes laughing. Coughing an hic ups are not so fun at this time :) best healing vibes your way
Ditto

Day 3 PO

Good morning. Well my night went ok only up once again to pee an take some Tylenol. I feel ok except my headache that won't go away. I know it's from the perks that I was taking an then not staying no top of them. I have a warm corn bag on my neck to help with some of the aching.

My dogs are surprisingly being pretty calm around me. I miss cuddling with them but very proud they are not all over me.

To all the new TT sista's stay positive, move a little bit more each day, water an remember recovery takes time..

Holy moly

Holy moly don't take a drink wrong cause mine went down the wrong tube an I coughed an felt like I busted open!!!! I feel like a pill is stuck in my throat so I keep drinking water to flush it :(.... Incisions an drains all feel like a burning sensation been on Tylenol all day but just took a Perk to help the discomfort .... During all this I was on the toilet lol an I did get to Poo!!!! That's like exciting for me as I feel a little less bloated

So how do you handle personal stress if an Ex that runs his mouth about u as he found out about the surgery an I have two boys with him.... My hubby now isn't afraid to stick up for me an I hear on both sides as I sit here an cry why do I get slammed for all that I do .... My kids are more than taken care of by far
just ignore him. he's just jealous of how hot your are!!
Lol I truly know that's what it is but come on why does things blow up during recovery!!!! I don't have the strength to keep up with the back n forth

Got to breathe a little

Looking great girl!!! So happy for you!
Thank you!!!! :)
I have heard of this before, looks like you will have a great outcome, good luck to you!

Drain drain go away.....

Yes I know they are to help the process. Just talked to my nurse an I do not get them both removed at my 2 week check up :(. Ok what does one wear to work with 2-1 drains attached? I do work in an office setting so I don't know what I can do to hide these hideous things !!!! I'm feeling pretty good only doing Tylenol during the day tonight will be only 1 pain pill then after that we will see how it goes. Still need to walk hasn't over until next week when I see the Dr. Time for a snack an nap time :-)

I pinned mine the other day for church up higher and on the side, almost under my elbow. With a light sweater of course.
I keep my drains attached to a longer chain necklace. I use the safety pin and just pin it to the chain so it hangs that way. Maybe you can do that and then just wear a dress and like a really light sweater?
That's what I was thinking I could just pin them up a little higher .... Just not sure I have that many dresses lol ...

Doing good

Last night my wonderful mom came to help me wash up, wash hair an shave the lower part of my legs as they were driving me batty!!! I didn't take after her as she has the best body that woman doesnt have to work for lol. She is 55 an looks remarkable. I told her I wanted to be shakes like her an she just smiles an says your beautiful the way u are. She knows I have worked hard for years to get weight off an to be more active for my boys.

The boys all got ready again this morning on their own. So proud of twhem an how loving they are right now.

Well on my own today no one around to talk to or assist me. I'm pretty sure Iwa am able to do simple things on my own. I just know if I am up to long my back starts to ache but then I know it's time to sit back down.

Congratulations! You're going to look amazing.
Well ladies I have to say I really to miss snuggling with my hubby at night!!!! :( my love of my life my best friend - he will not sleep in out bed he is sleeping in the couch 5 feet away an every move I have made he is like " you ok hon" I say yep I'm ok just gotta pee :) he has been a trooper
I can imagine getting your legs shaved. Mine were very hairy and thankfully I've had hair laser removal on them so didn't have that worry anymore. That hair laser stuff really works!

Bored !!!

Yes I am bored out of my mind. Just emailed my boss an let him know I am going work 4 hours tomorrow an Friday an some over the weekend. I want to be ready on Monday when I get back. Tired of TV , games an reading lol.... My 2 buddies are napping now an have been great during recovery ... Can't wait to play with them again..

Question!!! Does anyone else's binder seem to be fitting further around your belly!??? Like a few days ago I could barely breathe where it is tonight ...
Maybe swelling has gone down? Or it's shifted. I realized today, mine had ridden up so high it changed the fit. Ha!
I have so much swelling today I can barely breathe lol... Glad yours is getting looser... As Beth said maybe your swelling has decreased

Busy morning!!!

Hey all my TT sista's!!! Seems like everyone is doing great... I have going through some posts an updates today. My WIFI was a mess yesterday so wasn't able rondo to much with computers. I did work for 4 hours from home an for through a lot of emails an started in a couple reports due Monday. Last night I was exhausted an just sick of not being able to take a shower. I feel disgustingly gross even though I am taking sponge baths Etc but I miss a hot shower :( ... I see some on here taking showers so not sure why u am not able too. I know all PS are diff but I have 6 more days before I get one or both drains out. Seems that when I am up moving around my left drain gets 15-20 during the day ... The right side is 5 now so I am praying this keeps up an they come out. Woke up about 1 am to one if my pups chocking on a great my hubby gave her so we hung her upside down ( I looked on the internet in what to do) an then pat her back etc ... Finally she curled up with me an settled down an went to sleep..... This morning the kids were in rare form arguing teasing an just being kids. As they left for school I
Was working on finalizing my reports an then the internet guy came ... I was like good timing cause I was getting a little tired... Sitting updating while in the recliner again. Tonight I will try to have my momma take some pics of me standing up w/o the binder so you can see the progress. Well time for a nap before the kids get home From school.

What is arnica?
It's a homeopathic type medicine that helps reduce swelling, brushing an pain. I take mine daily along with extra vitamin c
I took Gas-X when the gas was bad and I didn't have strength to let it out. Gas doesn't typically just fall out of me and I wasn't pushing, no way. LOL!! I started arnica two days before surgery but haven't consistently taken it after. Funny though, I just massaged arnica oil on my swollen hips/thighs (not that I think it will do anything but the massaging might help) and took four arnica pills.

Sure hope

Sure hope I get some shaping from all this :( pretty swelled but here they are day 9 photos

Looking good! I know how you feel with the swelling! Im only 4 days po but I wish it would go away! Lol
I think swelling is on our future as well. Some days are better than others .... I go Thursday to my follow up appt hope to get these drains removed an see what he recommends for a garment .. I am built bigger than some sessy things on here so I know my size will be med, large or XL ...
Wow you looking awesome. Can't believe you're returning to work so soon. I was still a mess 14 days after surgery.

Wore plum out!!!!

Today I woke up took my time getting my self together an some makeup on.... Went to the nail salon an she asks what happened to you .. How do u answer that !?? Well any who .. Hubby so graciously stays there while I am getting them done. Takes me then to watch my oldest son's football practice for an hour I stayed in the car!!!! Came home an used a broom to sweep up a little an made myself some lunch. I rested about an hour an then I was gonna drive to my hair appt but then hubby said no I'll take ya then I'll go to Lowe's ( his favorite place) .... 2 hours later I'm home :( didn't think it would take that long but it did. I majorly feel some swelling hitting, I'm tired !!!! Time for some rest

Wow, Your husband is fantastic. Mine is so so. He's sick right now, so of course he feels worse than I possibly could. Men! They are real babies when they are sick.
Yes he has been amazing ... I was a little worried at first but this man has been wonderful during my down time but he did say if I have any more elective SX that he is hiring someone to take of me as he getting wore out!!!! Oh I hope ur hubby feels better soon an u don't catch it!! Yes they are the worse patients!!!!
Wow! 10 days po and you are out walking around, you should really be relaxing (my opinion). Rest is the best medicine!!! Keep your feet elevated. Definitely take it easy and let everyone pamper you. Your hubby seems to be very caring and helpful :)

Football!!

Today was a bit more relaxing. This morning I needed to get some lotion on my legs well..... My 6 year old has been the best helper ever.... He asked if he could help me :-) so I explained that all he had to do was rub it all over the bottom part if my leg. I was doing the top so he had an idea of how to do it an getting a light massage at the same time was great. Living in a house of makes has been great with all the help. Every time I go to do something make my 6 an 9 year olds are like mom I can so that for you or mom what about your drains. I let them help but assure them my drains are ok an tucked away.
Tonight I am hoping to get some more rest as last night was restless with spams an my body wanting to stretch ...

I did venture out today to my middle sons football game. He was worries I wasn't going to be comfy an said mom it's ok if you want to stay home. I said no I am coming an I will be ok. It worked out as one of my friends there as well as so they helped me get comfy. 2 hours later I was glad to go home an relax. We did win 26-0 so the boys were pretty excited.

Off to rest an get ready for my return to work......

Males not makes

Autocorrect aghhhhhh

Do you still have your drains in? How much are they draining? Surely they are ready to come out now.
Yep still in.... Well the right is 0 cause I can't measure it as it's drops an the left side is 10 or below .... They won't take them out until my appt Thursday :(
12 days for me now.....left drain is still draining 30-31 ml every 24 hours :(. I have to see the PS tomorrow and I'm hoping she will take it out. Sick of it now and I want a shower so bad lol

Today- tired

Yes I went to work today an I do work in a sit down office setting. I got up about every 2 hours to go to the rest room. At one point I was going to go home but had some help re adjusting my binder it was so tight at the bottom. I don't get how I'm supposed to wear this thing as is it to loose or I get it to right. :( after we fixed it I felt better an made it the last 2 hours... I'm very tired so I am
In the recliner resting an prob will take a nap .... 3 more days an I am going to request these drains OuT!!!

My left side seems more swollen than my right! Is this normal? An my mons after sitting in that chair all day is a balloon!!!! Rest for this girl Til morning

Hey gf, just checking on you. I know you have your ps fu visit today. I'm sure you are gonna feel alot better.
Hello!!!!! Yes appt went great said it's healing beautifully an back in 2 weeks. I get a shower today!!!!! I told hubby the hot water tank is mine... Lol :-)
Yeah!!!!! Drains are gone!!!!! Shower time!!!! So happy for you :). Glad to hear everything is healing well... You drain that hot water tank girl, you deserve it after 2 weeks lol

2 week follow up!!

Hello ladies!!! Hope all of you are are fabulous today! Well Tuesday night my hubby did not like the looks of one of my drains it was really red a irritated with a lot of discomfort. He was worried about infection an that side was not draining but little drops. Well we took some snips an his hands an washed them both in hot water an hubby removed the drains. Now after he unstitched me on the left side I wasn't sure what to do but draining 10-15 in 24 hours. ... So that side also got removed I sent my dr office an email yesterday before going in today. I got there an I said are ya going to get after me .. He said no but a stern talking to with a smile. He would of rather the left one stay in to ensure it was all done draining but now still wearing my binder for 2 weeks an another check up on the 24th. I made it early so I would not have to miss work more than 2 hours :-)...feel good an ready for a shower.. Hubby not so impressed that he has to behave for another 2 weeks hahaha!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

To Spanx or not to spanx an

Go with a CG??? That is the question at this time :) PS said spanx is ok at this time but to wear the binder as much as possible until next f/u visit.... I hear the sizes run small? I am in a med for the most part an a size 6 in AE jeans.... So I need to go to eBay an see how these CG are
Measured then measure my self??

Searching!!!

Found this one it's really cute!!? Firm control!????

Your results look really great! I'm looking for some sort of spanx online as well. Did you decide on one yet?
Thank you so much I needed that. :-) I am going to go with the one on my post just need to measure an see what aize to get an if I like I'll get the other color
I just bought that garment yesterday!!! As well as a couple of pairs of panties that will lift my pathetic butt cheeks. I love that site, their prices are right on, they ship to canada inexpensively and they have good selection. How funny to see you asking about the same garment. :)

Busy day again!!!

Well took my boy to football practice today he did great!!!! Came home an worked for 4 hours an yes I hired my mom to clean my house. I just has to this place was driving me nuts an my laundry was horribly washed .... I already had a couple things here for her cause I knew she would not take money!! A new Vera Bradley purse an a new pair of sketcher go walk shoes... She loves to walk an is on her feet all day long. After she was done I got in the shower an n got ready for some shopping, dinner an grocery shopping .. We needed food that was healthy as I'm tired of the food my hubby turned to while
I was down.

Swell hell or something going on. I took off my short an my hubby came over to me an said honey your very swollen above my binder ... I said yeah an it's sore ... I just hope the swelling there goes down. That is where I see most of it on me... So we adjusted it higher for the night an will be ordering the CG tomorrow as that will help I am sure with the vertical incision as well. I am in my own bed tonight for the first time since my SX an I'm so relaxed an feet are up an ill prob be out in a few.... My fit but said I had over 5k in steps ... Can't wait to get 10k again!!!!

Thanks for your posts! You look great! I hope youre feeling good! Sounds like your boys are doing well with everything. I have 3 boys (10, 9, 8) I am really only nervous about them...Unfortunately for their future wives, Im the mom that pretty much does everything for them so this will be a good test in their abilities to fly without me a bit. My husband is and will be great but it will be different! You look so great! Keep up the great healing!!!

18 days post!!!

Still swollen a lot. thinking can't wait to get my CG to see how much more it helps. It's coming along but I guess I need patience.

Awww forgot the pics

Side by side

Hi new36gal! Your incision is healing nicely and you look great! We all have that dreaded swelling....my belly is as tight as a drum come evening :(. But, before we know it it will be gone and our bellies will be flat :)
Thank you !!! Yes I am Very happy on how my incisions are healing:-) swelling sucks!!! I try to move my binder around so my lower ab doesn't swell out around at the bottom the. I try to move it up for my vertical incision ...I ordered the CG I have listed above in XL hope It fits cause I normally wear medium tops etc....
You are looking great love, this swelling is not fun. Everyday is different. Just imagine how we will look 6 months from now, because it only gets better (i hope). Happy healing love!

Belly!!!!

I want to cry!!! Took my binder off to take a shower an my right side by my incision is a waterbed :-( this was the side that was not draining a thing

Your incision does look good! When do you go back to the PS to discuss the waterbed? Hoping for the best for you!
Yes it looks great but I am hoping it at says that way..... My next appt is the 24th but I'm calling in the morning first thing .... Thought I have done everything right but maybe I haven't

Binder on tight

I dont think there's anything you can do to cause it? I'm curious about my belly too, I think its just swelling. Swelling is fluid retention too so fingers crossed! Good luck with yours!

Binder take 2

You look as if you are doing well, it's totally fascinating to read your updates, the big question....worth it? Or too much trouble? And maybe too early to even ask these questions :-)
Have my fingers cross that you don't have one

Seroma - yes

Just left the PS - not a bad Only 40cc drained an will see him again next week. Took a while before the fluid started to come out. I about passed out an had to have the nurse get me a cold pack... Whew that needle was not little!!! Have to wear spanx an my binder wants it tight!!!!

My ps was the same way.  Did the initial tuck in May 2012 and then 3 wks ago he did the lipo but also had to cut out 2 more inches.  I know some docs do the upper and lower tummy lipo and the tuck at the same time.  I wish my ps could've done it that way.  I'd be 17 months po by now.  When do you think he will do the lipo.  Mine said minimum of 6 months after.
Well I haven't decided S this would be a new surgery an question. I'm gonna ask next week at my follow up an awe what he says about the results for my back an how such down time is an $$$ ... It's just a thought right now I might wait for a year to see if I can get rid of it with exercise an healthy eating
Wow lots of typos !!! Sorry!! Haven't decided yet this would be a new question to the surgeon ... I never discussed it before with him.

Itchy!!!!

Man Ohara am I about ready to act like a cat an rub up against a wall or a post if I can find one... I itch all over from the healing to the CG with drying out skin!!!!!! Been fight allergies an have a head ache which seems to be moving down my neck! Blah!!!! Guess it's time for a shower, lotion, corn bag, CG & binder, an my recliner an I might call it a night soon.... Well might- biggest loser starts tonight :-) happy healing girls an listen to Your body best advice on here !!!

Man oh man ..is what it's supposed to say . Time to stop posting

Typos any how!!!!

Its still way way to early for lipo anyway.  Your nerves and blood vessels need to heal and reconnect.  I'd wait a year and see how everything settles down.  You might just need a very minimal amount of lipo and then he could do that in his actual office and it would be cheap.  But, I would bring it up to him now and ask what he thinks and if he does minimal lipo in office and about how much, etc...   Just so you can stew on his answers for awhile!
At my initial consult he seen my inner thighs an said he could do some lipo on them in the office cause he didn't recommend a inner thigh lift. So yes that's a great idea to discuss that with him at the next appt. it's way to early for lipo as I am not healed yet so I totally agree...I am hoping by the time I decide to do it an have it saved that it is minimal an no out patient surgery needed ... I do want it in my back an flanks
lol I'm still trying to figure out what's a corn bag? lol hope that's a typo? LOL can't imagine how that would be helpful LOL the LOL is killing my belly right now btw, even at 11 weeks! lol

3 week pic update

Pic attached

Not sure why when I post a pic I have to do a "take 2"

You are one tough cookie! Hang in there! I hear it is all worth it in the end. LOL! i think a smart New36gal told me that! :)
Yes hum well she must know what she is talking about :-) we women are all tough cookies
I asked my ps about more lipo too, especially in the abdominal area bc she doesn't touch that area with a tt and she said 6 months too. Definitely in office is way cheaper. My mother in law who used to work there said they numb you locally. Its more painful but not unbearable. I don't know if I'll need it but knowing me I will probably lol

CG in.......

Well received my CG today an I can tell u what this thing holds me in great!!!! Not to tight has to zip then hook then zip then hook up the torso but all in all it feels good. Also no waves in the belly so far :-) but where the main incision (that's what I call it... ) is seeping a little in my gauze ever since the Seroma showed up.. Hubby looked today an said there are two small holes :-( so we cleaned with peroxide an put new gauze on an my new CG.... Wondering if I should keep my binder off tonight or just wear it ... Maybe to much compression !??

I bought the same CG , I ordered a medium according to the chart & I can't zip it all the way. I now have 3 CG I need to return! Ugh! I might keep this one & try again in a week.
You will get in it but if you have three maybe get a bigger size an wait to fit that one !?!?! I like how it keeps me bundeled up....
I have 2 that i have yet to wear po. I doubt i will ever get into one. U could put a sanitary napkin to cover the incision against the closure if its uncomfortBle for u

Sleep!!!!!

Failed again. I tried to sleep in my bed an have pillows all around me. I was so upset that I couldn't get comfy an was in a not so great position when I woke up. Needless to say I woke up on my side a little an my neck is killing me this morning . I ended up back in my chair cause I had some weird pain in my belly.... Guess chair for another week or so.

I am resting this weekend. I did do a fee errands yesterday but in between then I rested a couple hours. Not to much excitement which is good so I can rest!!!!

Hope all of ya TT gals are resting :-)

Binder

It's totally ripping :-( where can we get another one at!?!?!

Looking gr8:-))

Wondering!?!?!

Yep wondering when anyone will notice that my belly is smaller. :-( I hid it really well before my TT an haven't hear one thing about me looking different. I can't fit any if my jeans with this compression garment :( makes me want to cry. No I didn't want to be a size 4 at all but I have love handles, 2 boobs have arrived back, an I have hold my belly back to see my belly button!! I don't regret it yet as I am hoping this all heals in time if not guess I need to buy some fat pants again until I. An wear my clothes :-( down yes as I have been for a few days ... Thought after at least a month id see more of a change... Time to get back on weight watchers an doing some arm weights. I do love myself I do As I have never had flat belly but I'm still about 39-40 around same as before

Ugh!! Errors!!!

*******Need to buy fat pants until I can wear my clothes......

I got my CG today. Love it. Actually goes on pretty easy. Have appt this afternoon with PS, going to ask if I can wear it instead of the binder. I may need to go down a size soon. :-) Thank you for the info on it.
Awesome news girl!!!!! Yes easy to get on an holds u in nicely!!!! Did he say if u can wear in place of the binder?!?!? I'm thinking of getting a large next week.... You are welcome girl!!!!
How are you feeling?

Follow up appt tomorrow......

Stay tuned:-)

You will probably go down in size. I lost several sizes after my TT but it took a while; and my surgeon said I will go down in size after my body lift and not to buy any clothes for at least 3-mos.
I hope I can at least get back into my clothes before SX... That's all I want :-) I know I'll be swelled so I have had to buy some leggings, yoga pants, an now to find a couple of tops... I'm so causal - jeans, nice t-shirt an some flats... But now in stretchy clothes an might look for some maxi skirts ....
That happened to me I had bought a small from my surgeons office and after two weeks needed an XS

Some 4 week pics

Overall my scars I think look amazing.. They are so thin an healing so pretty!!!

Hey New36gal! Hope your appointment goes well today and you get good news :). You look great and swelling will subside with time. You incisions look like they are healing really well. Been thinking about you..
You incisions are healing BEAUTIFULLY! Looking great girl!
Best of lucks on your doctor's appointment tomorrow!!!!

4 week appt!!

Amazing that it has been a month already!!! I asked about my live handles an my extra boobs... Said that it's all from swelling an in time it will all smooth out ... If not we can do some in office lipo as I did not have any during surgery.... No more binder yippee!!!! Spanx is what he recommends so I'll try mine again an see if I can pull them on. He did get 25 cc drained this morning. He snipped all my hanging stitches an scabs!!! My BB looks great !! Very dry skin so I have some skin peeling off. Walking an upper body weights for arms etc I think it's what he means ... No Zumba yet so maybe another month :( I do have to do a small wet dressing for my little opening other than that I can't more happy on how I have healed.... Have a great day TT sista's

Wow our recoveries sound similar. I honestly thought by this time I would be standing straight and pretty much back to normal. I am still crazy swollen and it is upsetting not to fit in to anything :( I totally feel your pain there! You think once it's done you are miraculously going to fit well into all your clothes but a month on and I am still wearing a hair tie around my jeans button so I can wear them! Reminds me of being pregnant :( I hope things improve a lot for you over the next 2 weeks. I hope by the time we are 6 weeks we should see a big improvement? Well fingers crossed any way :)
Just posted on your review!!!! Yes we do have a little bit of the same thing going on ;) hoping things do improve in the next few weeks or months .. It is what it is an just got to go with it ... We will get there

Itchy

Is it wrong sitting at dinner an I want to take the knife to scratch my back !???? Gonna be a long night

Looking good! You've come such a long way, I love your results!
Well how's u? Ur results are lookin good so far :-)
I'm doing good been very busy an walking!!!! Feeling wonderful!!!!

Feeling peachy

Wow what a weekend! Shopping, football, trick or treat with some friends an their kids an celebrating my youngest birthday!! Turned 7 today ...Kim feeling great M love how my steps are going back up on my fitbit!!!! Here are some pics ... So hAppy with my scars an not even using anything yet....

You look great and your scar does look really good. Did they say how long b4 the hole will  close?
Hope you are feeling good today.
I have a question about your seroma. Did you only have to have a needle drain once? I still have one in and it's draining about 25/30 a day. I think my doctor wants to remove it tomorrow. I also noticed yesterday its a little red and irritated. I'm worried about a seroma but I also don't want an infection and won't miss the drain.

Swollen !!!!!

Wow I think I over did it today with cleaning out closets, dressers, getting my an hubby's office set up an re doing some decor in my bathroom.... I have gained 8 lbs since yesterday morning :( time for my water an sleep ...... Night all hope you sessy ladies are healing well!

How are you doing???
Wow! You are looking good! Haven't checked up on you in a while, I'm not getting any notifications anymore for anyone. :-( I, too am having a hard time not overdoing things, but this too shall pass! Your scars are really looking good! I am truly impressed!
you look really good. I hope mine goes as well as yours looks.

Still healing :-)

Hello it's been a few since I have posted anything... Need to take some pics in the am for a 6 week update ... My hole is healing up an getting so small :-) very happy with the healing... Feeling better an better each day ... swell hell still in evenings sometimes .... I have a color run on Sunday hoping I have enough energy to do it an not be so tired at the end. Haven't done much walking as it is dark after work now :( so we will see how I do... I did wear jeans the other day with no issues so I was on oud nine.. Since wearing leggings I'm liking them a lot with baggy sweaters an boots!!!! Will get some pics on here soon

I need to get some leggings, I used to like that look on me, gonna look some up on line now, so glad you are happy and doing well!
I live in leggings now :-) thank you! U seem to be doing well too...
Glad you are doing better and looking good too.

Hello.......

I still need to take some pictures but no reason to since I don't think much has progressed. Been getting depressed on the results an wanting to pick up smoking again!!!! I haven't yet an I know it doesn't help but it is something I enjoyed.

Been taking walks with hubby an puppies this week. After the color run - I walked an jogged just through the color- I was so sore an wore out. Never have I felt like that. I work from home now which I love but I don't leave my office now except to help with homework, cook an bathe it seems. I am such a positive person but I am not flat like he said I would be unless I suck it in .... An I have said before my 2nd boobs he said I would not have :-( just not feeling it right now .... A lot of you are looking so amazing an I am so happy for u all. I'm thinking I should of waited until I lost 25 more lbs but then I'd look sick since I am built broad an wide

Good days to come!!!!

from what i have read and seen. DR ps want you to keep on the binders 23hr and 15 minutes a day for 3months.. and look at there results.. you may want to look into getting a faja to the breast.. look for the women that have been through it....
My binder ripped at 4 weeks then was told to wear a spanx garment I have them that are from my hips to my breast I wear 24 hours a day except during showers!! Is the faja different from compression garments !? I have 2 of them
And by the way. You can't see it from my pics, but I am not flat either. I am showing amazing patience.

2 months post!!!!!

Hello TT's ... Had my 2 month check up today. Went very well. He says I'm still swollen pretty good an says it still can get worse before it gets Better. Yes I know I have been told this an heard this from the dr an my nurse. I am released to be active just no crunches or sit ups etc.... Feeling pretty good at this point I can fit 2 pairs of jeans finally!!! Not to much of a post but here are some pics. He is very impressed with the scaring. I can start to massage an use bio oil ....

Your scars really healed nicely!!
Thank you I say I agree! I am amazed at how they have healed with using nothing at all! I can't remember to lol
you are doing so well..

3 months post in the 25th

Well things are getting a lot better with the swelling finally

Hit update to soon

I am feeling a bit more confident about how I am looking but it is a cycle so tick tock tick tock just have to be patient an I have learned that with this recovery. I love the days I look so small an wear form fitting clothes. I have started Zumba again an hoping to try Tibata next week. It's time to get my routine back in order ... Zumba an walking have definitely helped but ready to add some more to it... It's been difficult with the holidays but it's all ok an it will be over in a couple days an back to the routine an cooking my weight watcher meals etc.... Hope all my gals are doing ok out there an wish u all a merry Christmas an a prosperous new year!!!! Xoxo

Wow wow wow.. Look at u ! U sexy minx!!! :-) flat or what!!! I'm so envious!! U rock girl!!! :-))))) x
Happy New Year!!!!
Wow read your entire review! You look sooooo great! One of my buyers had a gastric bi pass a few years ago and is now also getting a flur de lis tummy tuck. She's in TX her surgeon said he would need to go up to her BB. I do t think shes on real self but ill ask her. I want her to see how great you look your scar is put standing new gal! Impressive.. What are you using on it?

So so not sure

Hi ladies!!! Ok almost 4 months post op!!! I am now released for normal exercises I just do what I can an if I feel something doesn't feel right I back off!!! This week I have worked my arse off an I feel more swelled an gained3 lbs!!! I have more if a wave when I look down at my belly an one side Is puffier than the other. Guess I'm having a down day. Still carrying around 9 lbs extra than before my surgery :-( ... Do the legs swell too I mean I can't fit Into my favorite Buckle or AE jeans an it makes me so mad. I continue to wear yoga pants so I don't feel so fat!!! I don't regret the surgery but not liking much right now....

You have really nice breasts. Did you get a lift only or lift and implants?
Lol!!! Thanks!! Back in 2010 I had a reduction an a lift!!! No implants as I have plenty :)
I'm in the same boat. Part of my gain was because of Christmas but I am having a hard time dropping it now. I just keep reminding myself, I still swell, it's still early (I was told a year) and the number on the scale does not define me. You aren't alone though, it is discouraging. At times I freak that I have reversed what the surgeon did.

6 Months post tomorrow

It's been a long trying six months!! So many of you look amazing an I feel like I'm just still waiting for more of the results to show!!! Still working out- 6 hours plus a week - bought a Tredmill to help with more cardio- doing 5ks here an there. Last one I did jog a little an was done in 40 min!! Losing 8 inches in 2 months has helped my overall outlook on the TT so I will continue to try to lose more weight an time before summer hits. I'll post some pics soon!!!

Pics- not much change

Hey there love, sorry your not feeling any better. I too struggle. I just remind myself that I look better than before and I will get there. I still swell daily, wake up so flat and within 10 minutes I feel the tightness coming on. Not fun at all. I think you look great and remember you have the rest of your life to improve. This was only the beginning. :)
Mamma!!! I have good days an bad - I know there is a big difference an all but thought id be closer to no love handles an flatter stomach - I have a little slope at the incision to my Mons area that I massage daily to help the tissue (I think that is what's there) losen up so it starts to be flat!!! All in all I can see the difference it's I had something in mind for my overall ending but I'll get there !! It's hard for me at times to see the diff until I look at my pics!!!!
It may not seem like it to you but you have come a long way. You look great!

Pics - what was removed

Now I am posting this as I seen another new TT beauty do as well it does put it in perspective of what is removed!!!! Two of the smaller parts was under my arm from a previous Breast reduction

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Great consult an very informative with great bedside manners. Staff is excellent.