Getting Lipo Tomorrow - Not Nervous - Columbus, OH

O.k. Tomorrow is the big day - well Day 1 of 2...

O.k. Tomorrow is the big day - well Day 1 of 2 since my surgery is taking place over two days - Monday and Wednesday. I'm getting tumescent Lipo on my upper and lower abs tomorrow, and on my hips, flanks and back on Wednesday. Going back to work a week from tomorrow, ready or not. Can't be off work any longer than a week due to quantity of work.

I've mulled this procedure over for years, ever since gaining 20 lbs after being diagnosed with hypothyroid disease. I want to lose inches from my waist and hips. I'm 51 years old and weigh 150 lbs. My waist was 35" last time or was measured (a few weeks ago). I'm currently a size 10/12 but have no definition. I've always been large-chested, but I want a shapelier figure.

Wish me luck. I'll post pics when I get them. I'm not nervous, but I just don't want to feel lots of pain. My doctor is Dr. Blome in Columbus, Ohio.

Thank you, ladies!

Thank you, ladies!

Good luck with your procedure, I hope all goes well! Please do let us know how you're doing, once you're able to!

Good luck tomorrow (and Wednesday)! I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you. :)

I'm in my hotel room I'm Columbus recuperating...

I'm in my hotel room I'm Columbus recuperating from surgery #1. Lots of drainage. 4.3 liters removed from upper and lower abs alone! A little bit of discomfort.

What bothers me most is that the few people I've told about me doing this are not supportive. It's the first time I've done anything like this for myself, and I've struggled all my life with being chubby. I wasn't looking for a quick fix but rather a reshaping so I could get better definition and be healthier. Instead I'm getting very curt "good lucks" from people who I thought were my friends.

What's up with that? Very discouraging to me when I view it as something so positive....
CONGRATS on ur procedure...how are u feeling now?? I didnt tell anyone that I was doing my procedure and I am now almost 8wks post op and only my close family know...sorry ur friends were not supportive but hey...THIS IS YOUR TIME and enjoy the changes u will see...PATIENCE is the hardest part of this whole process...I still have swelling in my belly and a couple of lumps I keep massaging...but all and all...so worth it...and I DID IT FOR ME!! Happy healing hun :) Post pic's when u can...also take pic's wkly for urself...it will keep u motivated when feeling down...I look back to where I started and where im at and its a BIG differnce but without the pic's I would probably be a bit disappointed...to date I have lost 12lbs and tonight will be my first full week back at ZUMBA....
Thank you so much for all of your kind comments. I'm now about 1.5 weeks post-op after the 2nd procedure. I went back to work the Monday after the Wednesday when I had my 2nd procedure. Boy, was I sore! I got my stitches out a few days after that. After the second procedure, I had had a total of 7.1 liters removed. About 2.5 liters of that was the tumescent solution and blood, and the rest was fat. Right now, I'm still pretty sore, but since I got my stitches out the other day, it has made a big difference in my comfort level. I can see a definite improvement - at a minimum with the contours of my body. I now have a waistline and hips again! I still have a lot of swelling and some hard spots. I'm going to be moving in the next few weeks, so I'll be getting a workout doing that, for sure, and then I'll be back at Curves several times a week. I like the idea of massaging the hard spots, as I've got a few. It's also a good idea to take the pictures, and I'll take you up on that. I may not post them all, but I'll try to post a few selective ones. My compression garment can be a bit constricting at times, but I can at least feel where I'm coming down in size. Encouraging! I'll try not to let the jealous naysayers get me down. I did this for me, and I'm glad that I did - even though I know I've got a long way to go to reach my goal. At least now, I don't have all that extra fat in the way of me visualizing my dream. It's only a few months away..... :-)
Happy Healing I hope all goes well and post pics. I will love to see yor results I have been researching for 2 years now to have a TT or Lipo done and also I reside in Ohio so, I really would like to see your results.
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Board certified, teaches lipo to students