Sculptra Worked then Collagen Vanished! - Columbus, OH

I had sculptra injected 6 weeks ago and in my 5...

I had sculptra injected 6 weeks ago and in my 5 week i noticed my face filling out nicely,But now in my 6 week my face has lost all the collagen that sculptra created and my cheeks are back like they were in my 1 week. I dont understand i thought once your bodie started creating collagen you would have it for up to 2 years, I only had it for a few days. I am so disappointed!

Yes i called my doctor and left a message. I hope...

Yes i called my doctor and left a message. I hope i will get to talk to her tommorow. I cant forget how excited i was last tuesday when my face was filling out so nicely. Now it is back to the old tired sunken look.. I am so very dissappointed!

Today is my big day ive been waiting for many...

Today is my big day ive been waiting for many weeks, I have my third vile of sculptra injected! All the doctors replys have really eased my dissapointment and this past week my sculptra has filled my face out a little again so im excited all over again! Im so glad my bodie wasnt rejecting the collagen what a waste that would of been..I just need more! Doc bring it on today!

One day after my treatment, I am very sore today...

One day after my treatment, I am very sore today and my face looks like i was stung by a 1000 bees, very puffy! Back to the waiting game in a couple of days when all this water n swelling go away. I did explain to the Doctor that i cant stand this waiting for results which have been so up and down. The doctor introduced me to a product called radiesse, It has no waiting game with it what you see is what u keep if only for several months. She said i will inject some with the sculptra around the areas of your cheeks that r drawn in the most to give you some of that instant gratification you r begging me for. I go back in july to see if i need a 4th vile of sculptra which im sure i will but hope that will be it...Wish me luck!

IM so glad i dont have to go around looking like...

IM so glad i dont have to go around looking like that guy in my welcome, bigwil1 pic anymore!

This new pic with the kids is how my touch up...

This new pic with the kids is how my touch up 1vile of sculptra looks after 3 weeks of having the 1 vile! All the volume in my cheeks r completely back with just 1 vile touch up! I love sculptra

Im not seeing the volume i had back 18 months ago...

Im not seeing the volume i had back 18 months ago with this 1 vile top up. Today i just added another vile and waiting to see the results
Dr. Lin

She is a great doctor i just think my bodie is rejecting the collagen that was created by sculptra which i didnt know was possible.. I will see her in 2 weeks to see what happened!

i am thinking of getting sculptra treatment can anyone recommend a good doctor in ireland thanks
I have done a number of sculptra injections in my face. The results are subtle. If you are dehydrated and haven't had many fluids in a long period of time your face may looking sunken again. Drink lots of fluids, eat a healthy meal including one with healthy fats (omelet with cheese?) and you may notice your face is fuller again.
Now after 2 months have past since my second vile touch up my face is still not filled out like expected!!! Somedays it is plumper than others!!! Im very disaapointed!!!!! Paid $ 1300 for 2 touch up treatments and not the results i researched u suppose to see!!! I am going to consult with a plastic surgeon and see why im getting this strange one day plump one day sunken results! I hope he can give me some good news that my previous dermatologist didnt inject the product correctly and hes familar with these strange results im getting, otherwise im done with sculptra!!!!
Looks good but if it doesn't last or build back collagen it's a waste of a lot of money
Do you have a payment plan for sculpra Rose.
No, i have paid all my 8 viles with cash.
Hey glad it worked out for you. at 44 I had a total of 7 vials. My face was very full for close to 2 years its worn off very little now at 2. 5 years later . I love sculptra too!!!!
SEVEN vials...wow that's a lot...how much was each vial?
Each vile was priced $700.00
and btw you look great!

wich is better sculptra or juvaderm?

Sculptra is more cost effective becuse the results last much longer than juvaderm
Dru11 and Bigwill1, I don't understand why you people aren't clearer about what you are actually doing particularly Dru11, without further explanation, makes no sense. I have a plastic surgeon who is suggesting this for me but the cost seems prohibitive if it takes so many treatments might as well spent $8400 and get a facelift and really I only need a neck lift. I have got three refirm tx one month apart and while the results are subtle, I think it is actually doing something to fill out the collegen but I am probably going to end up having either radiense or Juvaderm filler when all is said and done but that won't solve the loose skin in the neck.
I do not understand what doesnt make sense to you. Sculptra was injected in my face by a board certified plastic surgeon who arrogantly thought he knew what he was doing and didnt need to bother reading the instructions of professional literature or warning me. I got lumps withing the first week, it was very painful. withing 3 months i had developed chronic granulomatous inflammation. i was put on steroids and developed a biofilm infection and still the lumps. i had multiple surgeries and I still have lumps and what i call the sculptra sickness. immune system dysregulation from the persistent foreign body reaction. And NOBODY will tell me when this junk will be degraded and out of my body. Sculptra has murdered me.
Hey big wil1. This is just one person's opinion but I think you look GREAT in the picture before, I think it's the fourth one. Your cheekbones, everything, combine (at least in that particular pic) to make a very good-looking person. I don't think you even needed it! But I know we all want what we want. I have had two of sculptra, with no adverse effects. I looked sooooo good for about three days after from the swelling. Just what I have always wanted my too long and too thin face to look like. Then it went down and it really, really doesn't seem to have been worth it. I barely have gotten anything from it, imo, when i think back. I did get a deal on it (cannot remember what I paid) but I haven't seen the results that make it worth it (although I did appreciate those few days....) I had lost a lot of weight and looked awful since I was thin to begin with. I couldn't wait for it to go back into the face. I did manage to gain every pound back (had fun sitting on the couch and eating whatever I wanted!) and thus when I returned to the doctor she was proud that the sculptra had supposedly worked. Little did she know that I had put on some "pretty" weight AND done radiesse in the interim!!! That was why I looked better, not from the sculptra. Oh well
I know someone who has this it's not an instant fix ..they only got one vial for "laugh" lines ..it looks better when first done because of swelling and then it's sposed to take several weeks or so to take effect get collagen "growing" again etc..it might last longer if it actually works but like everything it has different results for different people...BUT no one seems to just get one or two vials they get multiple so I think a face lift or neck lift is more viable and like you say would last much longer .
Try anti oxidents I can't get stuff like botox to last because I take a lot of them, they will probably help move it on
U look very handsome :)
Dru11. I would like to hear more of your experience. Certainly inflamation and infection and immune dysregulation seem very possible, but no one talkes abotu these things. I'm so sorry that these things happened to you. Will you please elaborate?
Then you get painful inflammatory nodules, biofilm infection, hospitalization, surgery, disfigurement and chronic immune dysregulation. Sculptra is crap
Dru11, PLEASE PLEASE share more what actually happened? I have a doctor who first recommended Juvaderm but now that and I think it seems very expensive and doesn't sound great from reports but what you are saying is very serious and almost as bad as Awok (Angela) with the fraxel. I am so greatful for this website.
I have had two vials over 6 months.I am really disappointed with the results so far. I am due to get another vial this week. I am bit concerned that the doctor insists in doing the treatments 3 months apart? Is this usual? I am also not happy that he will not take before and after photos? I think this seems strange?

Hi Becca,

Based on the communities doctor experience, maybe your doctor wants to wait for 3 months between to see how everything will settle before they add more. Did you ask your doctor why he wants to wait?

Thanks,

-Britt

My doctor has me waiting 3 months also. I have read so many different waiting times but 3 months does not seem out of the ordinary. I had 2 vials 5 weeks ago and do not see any change.....waiting and hoping.
It is usual -- they do make you wait. But it doesn't work one bit. So I say save your money for something better....once it arrives.