Mommy Makeover One Week PO - Columbus, OH

Hello ladies!!! I have been on this site since I...

Hello ladies!!! I have been on this site since I scheduled my surgery back on May 2. I just want you all to know that I think the worse part of this entire surgery is the anxiety that one has leading up to the actually DOS. From the day I put down my initial payment, I made myself coo-coo! I would be online for hours on end reading mostly things that weren't good or positive. I had a very hard time enjoying our family vacation bc of all the stress that I was putting on myself. The stress of the unknown is what scared me the most. The not knowing how you will recover, or how you will do and so on.

Well.....let me tell you ladies, I am the story that YOU want to read!!! I have 2 teenage daughters and have been married for 19 years. I had deflated breasts and excess skin hanging around my tummy that regardless of how hard I worked, the gross sagging skin just stayed. I am a runner and not stick thin. When I went in for surgery I was 40 years young, 152 lbs and I'm 5'7". I have always had to and will have to continue to work at keeping myself in shape. I honestly can't tell you how amazed I am at how good I am feeling at week one! I came home from surgery and was definitely out of it, but feeling pretty good by that evening. I had so many people who called to check on me who could not believe that I sounded as good as I did. I was told that the second and third day would be more difficult. It was definitely challenging and having someone around to help you out is a plus.

I went to my PO the day after surgery and actually came home and showered. There was not one day where I was not up and on my feet and moving around. I was moving slow but moving. I can honestly say that I have had zero pain from having my BA. I had 450cc in my left breast and 400cc in my right due to the initial size difference between my breasts. The pain from the TT wasn't even from the incision it was more from the internal stitching from when I laughed or coughed. The most annoying thing I would say is the swelling from the lipo. I had lipo on the inner and outer thighs and it just feels numb and tingly and like you got the crap beat out of you. But, it's all BEARABLE LADIES!!!! KEEP THAT IN MIND!!! Something I can't stress enough is stay on top of your pain meds. Don't let the pain get ahead of you...then it will be too late. I would take one percocet and then 2 hours later 4 ibuprofen. I continued that until Weds. I actually drove on Thurs to pick my daughter up from the pool and came right back home. You just have to pay attention to your body and listen to it. I have only been on ibuprofen since last Thurs and even went to Kohl's with my mom by Fri to try and find spanx.

The weekend came and went and all I could think about was getting out those damn annoying drains. I think one of the hardest things about this surgery is to just let things go. The house, laundry, yard, dishes....etc. I'm the one who does it all so things not getting done made me nuts. Well, today is exactly one week PO and I went to my PS today and had drain one removed and my steri strips. I can't believe how GREAT everything looks and how GREAT that I feel. I'm sore, don't get me wrong, but that's to be expected. I never once had regret of why did I do this. I came home today wearing just my 2 sports bras with one drain in which gets removed tomorrow. YIPEE!!!!! I feel so good about myself that I can't believe it.

Here are some things that I did leading up to my surgery that I think helped me that might possibly help you. Eat or drink pineapple juice. It has a bruising and swelling reducing natural chemical in it. Take your vitamins! I also got onto makemeheal.com and ordered pre surgery vitamins and post surgery vitamins which I am currently taking. Drink lots of water. Two weeks prior to surgery I was taking a multi vitamin, 2 calcium, 2 Bromelain and a vitamin B6 along with my packet from makemeheal. I don't know if this had anything to do with how good I've been feeling but it can't hurt to give it a shot. I also highly recommend a toilet seat riser and a shower stool. They are AWESOME!!!!

I have no before pics bc I contemplated with myself about being on this site or not. I will post after pics soon and please know that you should not listen to any of the negative things that people want to tell you!!! It's like when you tell people you're pregnant they feel it's their right to tell you their horror story and scare the heck out of you!!! Don't do it!!!! If you have any fears or anxieties, ask me and I will help you bc I know that I was my own worst enemy. Good luck to all of you and I hope that you all have a dr, support, recovery, and an overall WONDERFUL experience like I've been having so far. Remember, we paid our dues and it's now time to invest in ourselves and feel as beautiful as we already know that we are!!!! :)

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

AMAZING and A GOD SEND!!!!!!

Soooo glad to hear all the positive comments!! I have my Mommy Makeover scheduled for Oct 31st, paid my "dues" yesterday so no turning back. I've spend countless hours on this site as well as utube and actually feel like I've become obsessed with this mission. Super nice to read such a positive story and hope many of us have the same outcome. But always good to read a variety of recovery stories too just to be prepared and know your not alone if issues arise. Thanks for a positive story, I needed that! Best wishes for a continued speedy recovery!!
Thank you so much for this post... I'm starting to go a little crazy thinking about "the what ifs"... Good luck with your recovery, I look forward to seeing pictures of your results!
AMAZING review...you are so right. Its really not bad. The itching is the worst of it and maybe the back pain from being hunched over or even the cg digging in. But you are right the incision doesn't hurt. Sure we are uncomfortable but we all just got our bellies cut off and some of us new boobs (lucky ;-) and of course other procedures but we all did this for ourselves! Embrace it and love every minute of it. I also never had regrets either...not once! Can't wait to see pics!

Thank you for sharing your experience! You're going to reassure a LOT of ladies going for a mommy makeover soon. Take care and please keep us posted on how you're healing!

Thank you so much I love hearing I'm not the only one making myself crazy looking on here. I am excited that your healing is going si well.
Kwash-Look for the good stories. I know it's hard, but even my PS's nurse told me to stay off of the internet bc it will make you batty! Just know that if you keep reading that you will read horror stories, but remember to look for the good ones. I always tried to focus on that. Too many people like to tell the negative and I'm not about that! Just know that I made myself crazy to (and my family bc I was nuts!) but YOU ARE NOT!!! It's normal to feel anxious, but remember the end result! I can't wait to go shopping for a sundress now and new bikini! A little discomfort goes a long way when you know that you're going to be rocking' it out in the end!!! You can do it!!!! :)
Wow, sounds great and I hope I feel like you do, lol. My MM is August 8, I'm getting a TT /BA/ hernia repair/ Lipo of flanks. I'm also 40 yrs young. I'm anxious but like you... I'm the oil to the wheels around this house. So I know I will be trying to get everything done before hand. I will miss my lil one when I am recovering. I have 3 children 1,5, and aww a 20 yr old daughter. Lol. I know a big gap. But my lil man will be at grammy's house for a couple of weeks... Tops! ☺. I will take your advice on the website you mentioned and the pineapples which I love. Btw, did you get saline or silicone implants? I'm getting saline, under the muscle. Well I wish you a speedy recovery . And look forward to seeing your pics, whenever you post them.
HI lovely03....You will do great! I actually got my second drain out yesterday and only need to wear my compression garment for my legs (bc of lipo) at night and am down to one bra and today I'm at day 10 PO. I no longer have any of of my steri strips on and everything is just healing away. I will definitely say the most uncomfortable part about everything honestly is the lipo. Just expect swelling and lots of tenderness and you will be fine. Nothing unbearable though...it's just more annoying bc you feel so tight. I got silicone gel implants and they're looking good! I will definitely post pics. I'm about 75% myself. I just can't wait to be full capacity and move without thinking about it.....but I know everyday gets a little better. :) Stopped at Starbucks yesterday, took my daughter to the pool, ran some errands and I was hanging out at a friends all day yesterday and am even thinking about seeing a movie with my daughter and her boyfriend today. You will do great as long as you keep positive. I don't have any before pics but i will post pics later on today. I don't even feel that my TT scar looks that bad. My PS placed it nice and low and my panties cover it and then some. You will definitely need to take advantage of the help especially since you've got the little ones, but just know that it's really not that bad and again....I never once said "why did I do this to myself" which I've read that lots of people do. You will do great and I'm here for you. At my one week yesterday my PS was like you're doing so great that we don't need to see you until week 3! So as long as you stay positive and talk the right people....you are going to be AMAZING!!!! :) JUst listen to your body! Nobody knows you like you know yourself!