One Week Out and Upset Over Pin Prick Scarring - Columbus, OH

Experience: I was not told I would also get...

Experience:
I was not told I would also get local anesthesia in addition to the topical. This procedure was much more involved than I was prepared for. The procedure was very painful toward the end.
The doctor told me I would be red and little swollen after the fraxel procedure. I was red for 2 weeks and it looked like someone punched my entire face. I was extremely swollen. I even ended up with small blood pools under my eyes giving me black eyes. I did not look good enough to go out in public for a week and a half.

Results:
The fine lines on the outside corners of my eyes were gone for many weeks but are already back 2 months later. My very mild acne scars were reduced. However now I have pin prick scarring in many areas from the treatment. It looks like I fell asleep on a cloth and just woke up, not a desirable look.

Summary:
In the end it was NOT worth it for me. I try not to think about how the texture of my face has changed for the worse, as it makes me sick to my stomach. The scarring the procedure created outweighs any minimal acne scars it reduced.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

After experiencing the procedure it is very clear my doctor did not prep me at all about the procedure. He said I would be red and little swollen after the procedure which was not at all reflective of the actual after effects. He did not tell me prior the procedure that he would do local anesthetic.