The Time Has Finally Come! Getting a Little Nervous - Columbus, GA

Hello RS world, I would like to say that I'm a 43...

Hello RS world, I would like to say that I'm a 43 year old mother of three 24,16, and 19. I'm scheduled for my surgery on Nov.11th, the day after my birthday. Wow, what a present to myself not that I'm looking forward to the pain. By the way thanks to my wonderful hard working husband. who is making all this possible. He's very supportive and has always been there for me I can't ask for a better man. He's coming all the way form Afghanistan to be by my side. Let me start by saying, I had gastric bypass in Feb. 2007 at that time weighting in at 247 pounds I'm 5 ft 9 in between 167 and 170 pounds now with a weight loss of 77 to 80 pounds. My weight fluctuates, between 157 and 165 so, I've picked up almost 10 pounds. The gastric bypass Dr says that I'm at my target weight. And now I'm stuck with this kangaroo pouch. I had breast implants in that same year and also had butt implants in 2011. By a different Dr. So I'm going with same doctor that did my breast implants. Dr. Thomas Cochran in Columbus Ga. Cost $4,900. I am really hooked on this site I have I've read a lot of good reviews and seen a lot of good results. There's a lot of helpful information on this site. I'm in the process of getting a compression garment I need help on deciding, which one is the best to get? I've read that the fajas are the best to get but, the measurements run small. If anyone has suggestions please let me know, because you all have been there and done that and some are still going through that. I'm just trying to get there. So any advice is helpful at this point.

Welcome to the community!   Looking forward to hearing more from you.  This is all very exciting.

Thank you, by the way you look great!!

This a front and side view of the kangaroo pouch

This what am left with, after the kids with my biggest weighting 9 lbs. 3oz. one C-section, gastric bypass and a partial hysterectomy. My grand baby bless her heart she likes to play with my jelly roll, she thinks of it as a big bowl of jello. She just cracks up laughing when she wiggles it around. Lol.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

As you can see the befores pictures waiting on the after result

What is the best compression garment to get?

TT supplies, what else is missing besides my compression garment and bath wipes?

Trying to make sure I have everything. What else is missing RS members?

Hey lady, Your time to shine is nearing! Can't wait to see you on the flat side. Did you do a BBL blog also? I would love to see your before and after photos. Who did your procedure?
I didn't do butt implant blog but I will when I get my surgery. Dr Deere in Lou. Ky I think I spelled his name right done it.
Your stomach looks so much like mine! I'm having TT in Marietta, GA on 11-19. Good luck to you and looking forward to pictures!

Compression Garment!!!

Got it yesterday and attempted to try it on. I got an XL with measurements and I couldn't even hook it all the way up or down I didn't want to return it because I'm hoping to have this pouch gone.

Good luck!
How exciting, good luck!

Lab work and meds

Had blood work done got Celebrex and Keflex filled they wouldn't fill the Lorcet because is an out of state narcotic. So my husband may have to get it while am having surgery. I'm still going to need arnica pills so I think have everything I need can't wait to cross over to the flat side. Please keep me in your prayers.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Also I need get breast revision!

Didn't want to leave out no important info. Right breast still sets up high in the muscle. Has anyone else had this problem? Most say they can't notice it but I can I'm not trying to be a perfectionist I just want things even and hoping that my scar is straight. And most of all hoping that I make it through this surgery. I'm not being charged extra so this will be my third revision. I don't know why it wont drop like the left one that one is just right. Well RS world it's almost time. It would be nice if all us RS members could get together and just talk about our journeys that we've been through it would be nice to meet real people in person instead of the internet. You never know.

Good luck!!! Btw, I met some women from another plastic surgery forum and a few have become my best friends and were even in my wedding. One of them is coming out hot help me after my tt!
Wow, that's great I had made that comment in an earlier. That it would be nice to meet up with people that has been through the same experience as you.
I will be checking in on you.. Good luck!

The Night Before

Well, I finally made to my destination, it was a nice drive to get here.Just showered in antibacterial soap and washed my hair. I'm so use to putting on lotion and body spray but, it won't be none of that tonight. I'm getting ready to call it a night RS I will try to post something in the morning or attempt to post after surgery. Wish me luck!! I accept prayers too.

Good luck sending prayers your Way!
Thanks
Sending prayers! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I could not sleep!!!!

For some reason I couldn't sleep, that's why I'm posting on my blog now. I'm assuming this surgery is heavy on my mind I tried everything to fall asleep it just didn't happen. Has anyone else been like this before their surgery? I just pray all goes well. I will update later. It's 5:22 and had the alarm set for 6:00, but now I don't need it so I'll be taking another shower in a few and on my way to the flat side.

Praying for you!
You'll do great. Good luck!
Just said a prayer for you....good luck cant wait to see your results :-)

Made it to the flat side!!!!

Hello RS world just the latest update. As I'm lying here trying to type I keep dosing off but here are couple pics. So they got only 3 1/2 pounds of skin. I was 166 before surgery so I don't know what I'll end weighting. Thanks again for all the support.

Yeaaaa you made it! I'm happy for you. Get your rest can't wait to see the new you. :-)
best wishes to you, make sure you listen to your doc and do not overdo anything, im sure you will love your results, best wishes on your recovery, rest you need it
Soo happy for you!!!! :)

MADE IT TO THE FLAT SIDE!!!!

Hello. RS world lying here I keep dosing off but, for the most part I can tolerate the pain. However I don't wish this pain on anybody. I managed to take a couple of pictures. So, now the journey begins.

Congratulations to the flat side!!! Take it easy and I will keep you in prayer...
Congrats!!! I'm 11 days post op! It's a journey but just remember it's temporary and everyday it absolutely gets better!! Happy healing!!!

The Pain The pain!!!!

I'll update later I keep dosing off and erasing my blog.

congrats to you, rest, walk just a little if you can and listen to doc, you have been thru a lot and your body needs to heal, so glad you made it to flat side with us!
Happy healing and take it easy. It's my day 4 and I just stopped falling asleep in the middle of convos.
I hopreall goes well with me too.

A Shower!!!

I finally was able to take a shower didn't have to worry about lifting up the pouch to wash the va-jay jay. The day of my surgery was the last day I had to lift up the pouch and shave the bird. It's just sore and swollen. But over all I'm happy with the results. So I've added a couple pictures, Please excuse my big black oreos. Lol.

Girl you already lookin great! Big oreos and all lol:)
Thanks, you crazy, lol can't wait till everything heals up getting up is really bad, feel like I'm ripping my stitches long as I'm sitting up its not too bad.
OMG you look good!!!! :)

Had BM!!

I know that's TMI but, that wasn't too bad. Didn't hurt as much as I thought it would be.

Thank you I just want to get over this soreness that's the main thing
Congrats and Happy belated!!! U look great:)
you look great already !

I did get out some on my po day 2

I went to the PX and walked around a bit. Then I went to the mall last night went to bath and body works I really didn't do too much walking around my pain is when I get up or when I get out of the truck it's that crease area where the top of my thighs are that's the worst part. Well as I get better or something new happens I will update.

Wow! You look incredible! You and I are the same height as well (I am 38 years old, 5'9", 153 lbs). Did you have muscle repair with your tummy tuck? I am one week post-op and still can't walk too well or stand up straight yet. So I was surprised to see you were running errands (more like jealous!)
so did you have muscle repair as I still had to walk bent over for like 2 weeks, did they say okay to walk upright or are you still walking bent over ?
Kathy - I am 1 week post-op and can barely stand up and walk well too.

PO appointment today!

Things went great the Dr. and his staff were all pleased to see me walking upright. The Dr. said it was to soon to take out the drain, he said, if it drains under 50 cc and stays that way for two days in a row then they would take it out. Cause he said if he took out any sooner then I would start fluid build up. So I'm hoping around Monday that the drain may come out. He said I didn't have to put on anymore bandages just, on the area where the drain is at. I'm still really sore I'm not trying to be nobody's superwoman just taking it one day at a time and asking God to give me the strength to make it. Thanks again RS for all the comments. I will post pics very soon.

I'm glad you are doing ok, take it easy girl!! can't wait to see more pics :)
THANK YOU, I DO HAVE MORE PICS. AND IM TRYING TO TAKE IT EASY TOO.
Well everybody heals different I've been out at the mall,PX and again back on post. It's just something about being cooped up in a super 8 motel I can't stand it. I didn't have to have muscle repair I do more walking upright. I just walk bent over when I wake up I guess cause I sleep upright in the bed propped up on pillows. Then I straighten myself up. Wish you the best! And thank you for the comment.

NEW PICS!!!!

Thanks again for all the comments, it's good to hear from people that's been there, and those that are getting ready to go through it.
Thank you so much, I can't wait till the pain and soreness goes away. But, for the most part I'm happy with the results. And I hope it stays that way.
Your doctor did an amazing job on you! You look fantastic - can't wait to see more of your updates. Take good care of yourself :)

The Soreness

I'm sore and my incision is itching all at the same time!! I wanna scratch so bad but, where the tape strips are its hard to do. I'm tired of being in one position you can only walk so much, being in this cooped up room is really driving me crazy. I'm praying that I have a speedy recovery. But however it's not coming fast enough.

Flat looks good on you :)
you look so flat!! you are going to look awesome!!!!!! :)
Hang in there. It's my day 7 and I just got a little of my mojo back :-)

UP and DOWN

Well I'm still hanging in there notice swelling in my feet they look like lil sausages. I'm not gonna lie this pain is no joke I'm out a little bit trying to walk I'm tired of the room. I miss being at home. I understand when they say you go through a period of did I do the right thing cause hell I'm going through it now. But there's a little bird saying that you gotta stay focused and keep the faith you can get through this. I don't mean to vent but, you all have been through this and some of you all are going to go through this. Keeping my head up. Once again that's for all the support!!!

Meant to say thanks

Sorry I meant to say Thanks for all the support!!

Looking good! Prop your feet up above your heart and the swelling will go down. I had that as well. This stage is tough but you will get through it! It gets better! Take it easy.
THANKS, I HAVE BEEN KEEPING THEM PROPPED UP I DID NOTICE THAT THE SWELLING DID GO DOWN. I JUST NEVER THOUGHT THAT IT WOULD BE SUCH A HASSLE. I WILL MANAGE TO GET THRU THIS. THANKS AGAIN.
Just looked at your blog! You look fabulous! Once the drain comes out you will feel so much better! The UPS and DOWNS are so normal! I'm on like 1 week 2 days after surgery. They took out 6 fatty pounds. I think day 7 I finally snapped out of my funk and can do more and feel better. Good luck and God bless

STILL HANGING IN THERE!!

HELLO RS, I'M STILL HERE NOT TOO BAD TODAY GOT OUT A LITTLE BIT. BUT, I DID MANAGE TO GET SOME SLEEP WITH MY FEET PROPPED UP WHILE MY HUBBY WATCHED SOME FOOTBALL. HE'S BEEN SUCH A BIG HELP. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT HIM. YOU DO HAVE TO HAVE SOME KIND OF SUPPORT GOING THRU THIS. IT'S HARD THE FIRST WEEK. HOPING THE DRAIN WILL COME OUT IF SO I WILL BE HEADING HOME. THEN I WILL BE IN MY COMFORT ZONE MAYBE MY RECOVERY WILL BE A LOT EASIER. I HAVE MY RECLINER WAITING ON ME. AND I CAN FINALLY SEE MY GRAND BABY AND KIDS.

Lookin good love!!
Fingers crossed for you. Got my drains out on day 7 and it was the best feeling to walk without fear. I went from feeling 30% to 80% on hours after losing them. Could have had something to do with the shower too!
bet you cant wait to get home, will someone then follow up with you in your area or will you go back to same doc? yes it is somewhat of a hassle, the recovery, but is worth it in the end, best of luck

Finally got my drain out!!!!

Got my drain out this morning, and got the ok to go home. Thank God, I'm on the road as I'm typing this update. He took out bb stitches and what ever other stitch that was there. Once he cut the stitch that was holding the drain in place he pulled it and it felt like big earth worm coming out. It wasn't that bad. I have a red rash around my waist where the stitches was, he said was where they put the glue at. So I had already been using Neosporin ointment. My back area is still sore from the lipo but I can manage. Slowly healing one day at a time. Thanks once again.

I was wondering if it hurt for the tube to be removed, so thanks for that piece of info. Praying safe travels. Take it easy
Thank you taking it one day at a time. Happy to be going home!!!
Yes it great to get that drain out. Cause if it would fall while I at the sink OMG the pain I'm just glad it's out.

HOME SWEET HOME!!!

I FINALLY MADE IT HOME, THANK GOD, THE RIDE WASN'T TOO BAD. I MANAGE TO ELEVATE MY FEET UP IN THE WINDOW. NOW I SEE WHAT THE RS WORLD WAS TALKING ABOUT. SWELL HELL WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!! HERE ARE A FEW PICS THAT I TOOK. I MANAGED TO TAKE ME A NICE HOT SHOWER, WASH MY HAIR, AND LET THE HOT WATER RUN OVER MY INCISION THAT FELT SOOO GOOD. HELL, WHAT I COULD FEEL OF IT, CAUSE TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH IT'S NUMB FOR NOW I'LL BE GLAD WHEN THE FEELING COMES BACK. I'M LYING HERE WITH MY FEET PROPPED UP TRYING TO GET SOME REST. I FINALLY FOUGHT TO GET IN MY FAJA. THAT WAS HELL TO GET INTO. I HAVE TWO I HAVE THE ONE ON THAT ZIPS UP IN THE FRONT AND IT'S A LARGE. THE OTHER IS THE ONE THAT HAS THE 4 ROW HOOKS AND IT'S A XL MAYBE I SHOULD'VE PUT THAT ONE ON. IT'S CRAZY THE DAY OF SX I WEIGHTED 166 MINUS THE 31/2 POUNDS OF SKIN AND FAT I GOT ON THE SCALE WHEN I GOT HOME AND IT WAS 175 WHAT THE HELL, DID I SWELL THAT MUCH? SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW LONG WILL THE SWELLING LAST? WELL, I'M GONNA CALL IT A NIGHT I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING TO USE THE BATHROOM AND FIGHT WITH THIS FAJA. LOL, THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE COMMENTS. STAYING FOCUSED!!!

Chic you are lookin great! I love how low your scar is sitting.. thanks for the new pics. Keep posting I look forward to seeing them
Thank you, I'm hanging there for some reason I have this heart burn and can't seem to get rid of it. And I'm still going through the swelling faze. And best believe I will be posting pics. Cause I'm loving my results!!
omg sweetie your results look amazing he did a great job and Im glad everything went great and your doing well ;-)

Heart Burn!!!!!

Has anybody had this po? Been having it for the past two days and its very irritating. Any advice? I've taken Zantac I'm still swelling and taking it one day at a time. My anniversary was on the 19th and 19 years being married. 21 total being together. Will update with pics soon. Healing one day at a time. Hoping all here that has had recent sx is having a good recovery.

Well, RS world I was thinking that I had heart burn. But the Zantac didn't do nothing so next step was a trip to the ER and they checked blood work and a guess my blood clotting factors are elevated so they did a chest X-ray and now I'm waiting to go up to get a ct scan to check for a blood clots. I'm scared and praying that goes well and hoping there's no clot. Dr. said if there is most likely could be because of the travel. So they want to rule that out. Keep me in your prayers. I will update once I get results back from the ct scan.
Oh my I hope all is well I will keep you on my prayer I'm going to stay positive as you should to no negative thought sweetie you will be ok.
Thank you, my son told me the same thing, to stay positive. Hope all goes well with your sx. Keeping you in my prayers. As with all the other members here on RS. And around the world.

Ct was negative!!!

Got my ct scan results, said it was negative for any clots. How ever radiology Dr. said there was some type of infection on my lungs possibly bronchitis and the Dr. gave me a z-PAC for it. She said the reason why I had elevation in blood work was due to me having major sx. I was relieved thanking God that there was no clot she said increase on fluids and to rest. Getting my ct scan was crazy because, I had to lay flat on my back, and raise my hands above my head. I had to stretch my feet out straight but, I couldn't so they had to give me a pillow to put under my knees. Because when I stretched them out it felt like my stitches was ripping because of my stomach being so tight. I was so glad to get that over with. I had some kind of allergic reaction my lips looked like Daffy Duck. So had to get a shot of Benadryl it helped some. But we're they did my sx I have been itching like mad!!!! And still itching. No longer taking narcotics cause I know that can cause itching. Any advice for itching. I'm using hydrocortisone ointment. The Dr. said I that I may be allergic to the tape, I think so cause my waist is a red rash. And still having this burning sensation in my upper chest. I'm praying all goes well and that I can over come this. Still hanging in there swelling itching and all.

Glad it wasn't a blood clot! Sorry about your set back! Take it easy!
sounds like you ended up seeing some great docs that really checked you out well and did all the necessary testing, sorry you are not feeling well and hope the antibiotics help, did they give you something for your heartburn also, I hope so, hope you continue to feel better, what a scare, glad you are okay

I'm feeling better!!

Besides the soreness, I'm feeling much better trying to get rest and not over do it. Thanks for the support.

Omg u look super flat all ready wow well done:-)
I'm itching all over,lips are swollen went to the ER and still I'm going through this allergic reaction. If there is no change I will be back at the ER and not a military one. If anyone has any advice I'm all ears.
Are you on antibiotics darl? What did the ER say? x

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Wishing RS a safe and Happy Healing Holiday!! I will update pics after the holiday. Lol

It will past just takes a little time, make sure u rest!
Sorry so late getting back they gave me a z pack now my lips are just dark when they should be pink.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving,I tried to eat but, however I couldn't enjoy all the food :-( I was only able to eat maybe eight to ten bites and it was over. My stomache is tight. When will it stretch out and start to feel normal again. I'm gonna have to eat small portions through out the day I guess. Wish me luck, maybe cause I'm in this damn tight a$$ faja it seems like when I take a deep breath in while lying on my side I feel like I'm gonna bust a stich on the inside. Somebody help!!! I don't war it all the time cause most of the time I'm in my binder. Advice anyone?

I'm still hanging in there. Thanks, it seems as though when I waer my body girdle it helps a lot. It's just I guess when I'm doing stuff through out the day I'm fine. Except for some soreness here and there. It's just at night it catches up with me. And in the morning it seems like my muscles are so tight then it gets better. But, over all I'm getting better each day. Thanks, everyone for all the advice and support. And I hope everyone is healing fine!!!
You look awesome and I am sooo happy to see your doctor positioned your incision perfectly! Go girl! I hope you're feeling much better! Thanks for sharing.
Today I felt like I ripped a muscle from the stitching on the inside. I leaned forward and all I could do was scream. I have put ice on my stomach. Cause I felt some like of lump and it was sore to touch. Tell what did I do.

3RD WEEK PO UPDATE!!!!!

I JUST WANTED TO UPDATE WITH SOME NEW PICS. SWELLING HAS GONE DOWN A LOT. JUST USING OILS AND CREAM TO CLEAR UP SCARING FROM THE TAPE. EACH DAY IS GETTING BETTER I MUST SAY. IM STILL SORE AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT TO GO AWAY. THANKS ONCE AGAIN RS FOR ALL THE SUPOORT. HAPPY HEALING TO ALL!!!

Wow! You are looking fabulous- you have a very nice shape -
Looking good already!

4 weeks po

Hello, RS world just a little update. First of all I would like to say happy healing to all those that are recovering from whatever PS that you all have had. I just wanted to say things have gotten a lot better within these last couple of weeks. I'm still a sore from the lipo and my incision is looking a lot better. I'm getting back in the habit of doing the things that I use to do. Just making sure that I don't over do it. Thanks again for all the support!!!! I will continue to update with photos.

awesome and I find it pretty cool on how they did your scar ! you look great !
Glad to your hear you doing well babe :-)
Good to hear it gets better with time - cant believe it's already been 30 days for you - wow! Time sure flys in a good way

I'm in my second faja!!!

Hello, RS world happy healing to everyone here. I just wanted to update I had bought two fajas one with the zip up boy shorts body suit. And another one with the four hook rows the 1st one is a large the 2nd is an extra large. Before sx I couldn't even get it hooked and if I managed to get one hooked I had to fight to get that hooked. So I put on and hooked it up and now I'm on the third row. Wow, it's not a bad fit just time consuming putting it on. And it's the one that fits down to the knees and the the crotch hooks up the butt. Feels like I have a thong on. Other than that it fits good I will update pics later.

Can't wait to see! I'm in my second faja too..it's tight!!
Thank you, the way the Dr. had marked me up I thought I was gonna have the regular traditional scar but,I was surprised once the bandages came off. I love the way he did it. Take care.
Thank you, same here glad that your getting better. I haven't had a chance to go back to see the Dr. for a po follow up yet. I guess I will try to drive back down to Columbus somewhere around the beginning of the year as long as the roads are clear between Ky and Ga. Take care.

5 WEEKS PO

JUST WANTED TO UPDATE WITH SOME NEW PICS. STILL SOME SORENESS BUT,I HAVE COME ALONG WAY. EACH DAY IS GETTING BETTER. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!!!!!

Looking good!!
Thank you, just hanging in there.
I liked the garment that I had, it had a side zipper on both sides and made life much easier, glad you are doing well and looking great

Last Minute Xmas Shopping!!!!!

As I was recovering from surgery, I really didn't get to do much shopping. But, I did today and boy, was it a mad house!!! I still have some more to do I guess I'll get through this. Wish me luck!!

I think we had the same surgery. My scar goes just like yours. It's encouraging to see how well you're doing. Looks great!
I managed to get this done just beat. Happy Holidays!!
Oh I feel for you, good luck.

Merry Xmas!!!!!

Just wanted to say Merry Xmas to everyone. Hope everyone hereis healing and having a safe holiday.

Your looking awesome...Congrats!!!
Was the 4900 all inclusive of the fees or were separate costs to be included?I have my consult for next week (TT) .
Hey Thundercat! How is the pulling? I still feel pulling on the right side and it is so annoying!

Latest update!!!

Hello, RS world all is going good here on this end. I know it has been a few days since I last checked in. I'm doing a lot better the healing has made a 360 degree turn. There is still some soreness from the lipo in the back area but, I can deal with it. Just wanted to let everyone know that recently had SX it will get better with time. Just hang in there!!! And also Happy New Year to every one here sorry a few days short. I will also update with pics.

Great results. Please let us know your result at 1 year PO!
Great results!!!
Hey Thundercat69, I did a consult and I have a surgery date set for Sept. Can you please tell me where you stayed during those days after surgery. I'm coming from Texas and I just trying to plan everything out. I love your results I know that you had a TT with lipo but did you get anything else through him?
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

I just love the staff at Dr. Cochran office everyone there is so nice and understanding. Plus, Dr. Cochran is a very nice guy and to the point that's what I like about him.