The Time Has Finally Come! Getting a Little Nervous - Columbus, GA

Hello RS world, I would like to say that I'm a 43...

Hello RS world, I would like to say that I'm a 43 year old mother of three 24,16, and 19. I'm scheduled for my surgery on Nov.11th, the day after my birthday. Wow, what a present to myself not that I'm looking forward to the pain. By the way thanks to my wonderful hard working husband. who is making all this possible. He's very supportive and has always been there for me I can't ask for a better man. He's coming all the way form Afghanistan to be by my side. Let me start by saying, I had gastric bypass in Feb. 2007 at that time weighting in at 247 pounds I'm 5 ft 9 in between 167 and 170 pounds now with a weight loss of 77 to 80 pounds. My weight fluctuates, between 157 and 165 so, I've picked up almost 10 pounds. The gastric bypass Dr says that I'm at my target weight. And now I'm stuck with this kangaroo pouch. I had breast implants in that same year and also had butt implants in 2011. By a different Dr. So I'm going with same doctor that did my breast implants. Dr. Thomas Cochran in Columbus Ga. Cost $4,900. I am really hooked on this site I have I've read a lot of good reviews and seen a lot of good results. There's a lot of helpful information on this site. I'm in the process of getting a compression garment I need help on deciding, which one is the best to get? I've read that the fajas are the best to get but, the measurements run small. If anyone has suggestions please let me know, because you all have been there and done that and some are still going through that. I'm just trying to get there. So any advice is helpful at this point.

This a front and side view of the kangaroo pouch

This what am left with, after the kids with my biggest weighting 9 lbs. 3oz. one C-section, gastric bypass and a partial hysterectomy. My grand baby bless her heart she likes to play with my jelly roll, she thinks of it as a big bowl of jello. She just cracks up laughing when she wiggles it around. Lol.

As you can see the befores pictures waiting on the after result

TT supplies, what else is missing besides my compression garment and bath wipes?

Trying to make sure I have everything. What else is missing RS members?

Compression Garment!!!

Got it yesterday and attempted to try it on. I got an XL with measurements and I couldn't even hook it all the way up or down I didn't want to return it because I'm hoping to have this pouch gone.

Lab work and meds

Had blood work done got Celebrex and Keflex filled they wouldn't fill the Lorcet because is an out of state narcotic. So my husband may have to get it while am having surgery. I'm still going to need arnica pills so I think have everything I need can't wait to cross over to the flat side. Please keep me in your prayers.

Also I need get breast revision!

Didn't want to leave out no important info. Right breast still sets up high in the muscle. Has anyone else had this problem? Most say they can't notice it but I can I'm not trying to be a perfectionist I just want things even and hoping that my scar is straight. And most of all hoping that I make it through this surgery. I'm not being charged extra so this will be my third revision. I don't know why it wont drop like the left one that one is just right. Well RS world it's almost time. It would be nice if all us RS members could get together and just talk about our journeys that we've been through it would be nice to meet real people in person instead of the internet. You never know.

The Night Before

Well, I finally made to my destination, it was a nice drive to get here.Just showered in antibacterial soap and washed my hair. I'm so use to putting on lotion and body spray but, it won't be none of that tonight. I'm getting ready to call it a night RS I will try to post something in the morning or attempt to post after surgery. Wish me luck!! I accept prayers too.

I could not sleep!!!!

For some reason I couldn't sleep, that's why I'm posting on my blog now. I'm assuming this surgery is heavy on my mind I tried everything to fall asleep it just didn't happen. Has anyone else been like this before their surgery? I just pray all goes well. I will update later. It's 5:22 and had the alarm set for 6:00, but now I don't need it so I'll be taking another shower in a few and on my way to the flat side.

Made it to the flat side!!!!

Hello RS world just the latest update. As I'm lying here trying to type I keep dosing off but here are couple pics. So they got only 3 1/2 pounds of skin. I was 166 before surgery so I don't know what I'll end weighting. Thanks again for all the support.

MADE IT TO THE FLAT SIDE!!!!

Hello. RS world lying here I keep dosing off but, for the most part I can tolerate the pain. However I don't wish this pain on anybody. I managed to take a couple of pictures. So, now the journey begins.

The Pain The pain!!!!

I'll update later I keep dosing off and erasing my blog.

A Shower!!!

I finally was able to take a shower didn't have to worry about lifting up the pouch to wash the va-jay jay. The day of my surgery was the last day I had to lift up the pouch and shave the bird. It's just sore and swollen. But over all I'm happy with the results. So I've added a couple pictures, Please excuse my big black oreos. Lol.

Had BM!!

I know that's TMI but, that wasn't too bad. Didn't hurt as much as I thought it would be.

I did get out some on my po day 2

I went to the PX and walked around a bit. Then I went to the mall last night went to bath and body works I really didn't do too much walking around my pain is when I get up or when I get out of the truck it's that crease area where the top of my thighs are that's the worst part. Well as I get better or something new happens I will update.

PO appointment today!

Things went great the Dr. and his staff were all pleased to see me walking upright. The Dr. said it was to soon to take out the drain, he said, if it drains under 50 cc and stays that way for two days in a row then they would take it out. Cause he said if he took out any sooner then I would start fluid build up. So I'm hoping around Monday that the drain may come out. He said I didn't have to put on anymore bandages just, on the area where the drain is at. I'm still really sore I'm not trying to be nobody's superwoman just taking it one day at a time and asking God to give me the strength to make it. Thanks again RS for all the comments. I will post pics very soon.

NEW PICS!!!!

The Soreness

I'm sore and my incision is itching all at the same time!! I wanna scratch so bad but, where the tape strips are its hard to do. I'm tired of being in one position you can only walk so much, being in this cooped up room is really driving me crazy. I'm praying that I have a speedy recovery. But however it's not coming fast enough.

UP and DOWN

Well I'm still hanging in there notice swelling in my feet they look like lil sausages. I'm not gonna lie this pain is no joke I'm out a little bit trying to walk I'm tired of the room. I miss being at home. I understand when they say you go through a period of did I do the right thing cause hell I'm going through it now. But there's a little bird saying that you gotta stay focused and keep the faith you can get through this. I don't mean to vent but, you all have been through this and some of you all are going to go through this. Keeping my head up. Once again that's for all the support!!!

Meant to say thanks

Sorry I meant to say Thanks for all the support!!

STILL HANGING IN THERE!!

HELLO RS, I'M STILL HERE NOT TOO BAD TODAY GOT OUT A LITTLE BIT. BUT, I DID MANAGE TO GET SOME SLEEP WITH MY FEET PROPPED UP WHILE MY HUBBY WATCHED SOME FOOTBALL. HE'S BEEN SUCH A BIG HELP. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT HIM. YOU DO HAVE TO HAVE SOME KIND OF SUPPORT GOING THRU THIS. IT'S HARD THE FIRST WEEK. HOPING THE DRAIN WILL COME OUT IF SO I WILL BE HEADING HOME. THEN I WILL BE IN MY COMFORT ZONE MAYBE MY RECOVERY WILL BE A LOT EASIER. I HAVE MY RECLINER WAITING ON ME. AND I CAN FINALLY SEE MY GRAND BABY AND KIDS.

Finally got my drain out!!!!

Got my drain out this morning, and got the ok to go home. Thank God, I'm on the road as I'm typing this update. He took out bb stitches and what ever other stitch that was there. Once he cut the stitch that was holding the drain in place he pulled it and it felt like big earth worm coming out. It wasn't that bad. I have a red rash around my waist where the stitches was, he said was where they put the glue at. So I had already been using Neosporin ointment. My back area is still sore from the lipo but I can manage. Slowly healing one day at a time. Thanks once again.

HOME SWEET HOME!!!

I FINALLY MADE IT HOME, THANK GOD, THE RIDE WASN'T TOO BAD. I MANAGE TO ELEVATE MY FEET UP IN THE WINDOW. NOW I SEE WHAT THE RS WORLD WAS TALKING ABOUT. SWELL HELL WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!! HERE ARE A FEW PICS THAT I TOOK. I MANAGED TO TAKE ME A NICE HOT SHOWER, WASH MY HAIR, AND LET THE HOT WATER RUN OVER MY INCISION THAT FELT SOOO GOOD. HELL, WHAT I COULD FEEL OF IT, CAUSE TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH IT'S NUMB FOR NOW I'LL BE GLAD WHEN THE FEELING COMES BACK. I'M LYING HERE WITH MY FEET PROPPED UP TRYING TO GET SOME REST. I FINALLY FOUGHT TO GET IN MY FAJA. THAT WAS HELL TO GET INTO. I HAVE TWO I HAVE THE ONE ON THAT ZIPS UP IN THE FRONT AND IT'S A LARGE. THE OTHER IS THE ONE THAT HAS THE 4 ROW HOOKS AND IT'S A XL MAYBE I SHOULD'VE PUT THAT ONE ON. IT'S CRAZY THE DAY OF SX I WEIGHTED 166 MINUS THE 31/2 POUNDS OF SKIN AND FAT I GOT ON THE SCALE WHEN I GOT HOME AND IT WAS 175 WHAT THE HELL, DID I SWELL THAT MUCH? SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW LONG WILL THE SWELLING LAST? WELL, I'M GONNA CALL IT A NIGHT I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING TO USE THE BATHROOM AND FIGHT WITH THIS FAJA. LOL, THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE COMMENTS. STAYING FOCUSED!!!

Heart Burn!!!!!

Has anybody had this po? Been having it for the past two days and its very irritating. Any advice? I've taken Zantac I'm still swelling and taking it one day at a time. My anniversary was on the 19th and 19 years being married. 21 total being together. Will update with pics soon. Healing one day at a time. Hoping all here that has had recent sx is having a good recovery.

Ct was negative!!!

Got my ct scan results, said it was negative for any clots. How ever radiology Dr. said there was some type of infection on my lungs possibly bronchitis and the Dr. gave me a z-PAC for it. She said the reason why I had elevation in blood work was due to me having major sx. I was relieved thanking God that there was no clot she said increase on fluids and to rest. Getting my ct scan was crazy because, I had to lay flat on my back, and raise my hands above my head. I had to stretch my feet out straight but, I couldn't so they had to give me a pillow to put under my knees. Because when I stretched them out it felt like my stitches was ripping because of my stomach being so tight. I was so glad to get that over with. I had some kind of allergic reaction my lips looked like Daffy Duck. So had to get a shot of Benadryl it helped some. But we're they did my sx I have been itching like mad!!!! And still itching. No longer taking narcotics cause I know that can cause itching. Any advice for itching. I'm using hydrocortisone ointment. The Dr. said I that I may be allergic to the tape, I think so cause my waist is a red rash. And still having this burning sensation in my upper chest. I'm praying all goes well and that I can over come this. Still hanging in there swelling itching and all.

I'm feeling better!!

Besides the soreness, I'm feeling much better trying to get rest and not over do it. Thanks for the support.

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Wishing RS a safe and Happy Healing Holiday!! I will update pics after the holiday. Lol

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving,I tried to eat but, however I couldn't enjoy all the food :-( I was only able to eat maybe eight to ten bites and it was over. My stomache is tight. When will it stretch out and start to feel normal again. I'm gonna have to eat small portions through out the day I guess. Wish me luck, maybe cause I'm in this damn tight a$$ faja it seems like when I take a deep breath in while lying on my side I feel like I'm gonna bust a stich on the inside. Somebody help!!! I don't war it all the time cause most of the time I'm in my binder. Advice anyone?

3RD WEEK PO UPDATE!!!!!

I JUST WANTED TO UPDATE WITH SOME NEW PICS. SWELLING HAS GONE DOWN A LOT. JUST USING OILS AND CREAM TO CLEAR UP SCARING FROM THE TAPE. EACH DAY IS GETTING BETTER I MUST SAY. IM STILL SORE AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT TO GO AWAY. THANKS ONCE AGAIN RS FOR ALL THE SUPOORT. HAPPY HEALING TO ALL!!!

4 weeks po

Hello, RS world just a little update. First of all I would like to say happy healing to all those that are recovering from whatever PS that you all have had. I just wanted to say things have gotten a lot better within these last couple of weeks. I'm still a sore from the lipo and my incision is looking a lot better. I'm getting back in the habit of doing the things that I use to do. Just making sure that I don't over do it. Thanks again for all the support!!!! I will continue to update with photos.

I'm in my second faja!!!

Hello, RS world happy healing to everyone here. I just wanted to update I had bought two fajas one with the zip up boy shorts body suit. And another one with the four hook rows the 1st one is a large the 2nd is an extra large. Before sx I couldn't even get it hooked and if I managed to get one hooked I had to fight to get that hooked. So I put on and hooked it up and now I'm on the third row. Wow, it's not a bad fit just time consuming putting it on. And it's the one that fits down to the knees and the the crotch hooks up the butt. Feels like I have a thong on. Other than that it fits good I will update pics later.

5 WEEKS PO

JUST WANTED TO UPDATE WITH SOME NEW PICS. STILL SOME SORENESS BUT,I HAVE COME ALONG WAY. EACH DAY IS GETTING BETTER. THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!!!!!

Last Minute Xmas Shopping!!!!!

As I was recovering from surgery, I really didn't get to do much shopping. But, I did today and boy, was it a mad house!!! I still have some more to do I guess I'll get through this. Wish me luck!!

Merry Xmas!!!!!

Just wanted to say Merry Xmas to everyone. Hope everyone hereis healing and having a safe holiday.

Latest update!!!

Hello, RS world all is going good here on this end. I know it has been a few days since I last checked in. I'm doing a lot better the healing has made a 360 degree turn. There is still some soreness from the lipo in the back area but, I can deal with it. Just wanted to let everyone know that recently had SX it will get better with time. Just hang in there!!! And also Happy New Year to every one here sorry a few days short. I will also update with pics.
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

I just love the staff at Dr. Cochran office everyone there is so nice and understanding. Plus, Dr. Cochran is a very nice guy and to the point that's what I like about him.

Hey Thundercat69, I did a consult and I have a surgery date set for Sept. Can you please tell me where you stayed during those days after surgery. I'm coming from Texas and I just trying to plan everything out. I love your results I know that you had a TT with lipo but did you get anything else through him?
Did taking arnica help?. I made my surgery for June 10 for a tummy tuck and breast lift
Thundercat I set my consult appt for march 4th your results are nice. I hope he quotes me $4900 also. Im coming from Atlanta
Thanks for responding ! How much is consult? How much is deposit to secure surgery date? How far out can i plan surgery. Trying to do it this summer when kids are out of school. Being so i live in Atlanta can I email Dr. Cochran photos?
Free consult. 250 deposit. I booked mine for June 19. I inbox you my number call me and i can give you all the info
Very nice results. Alot of photos i like that. I live in Atlanta . Dr. Cochran is in columbus ga. Are his full tummy tucks $5000 really?
Yes 4900 including fees. My extra lipo is 200 inner thigh.
Hey Ladies, a little update on how everything is going. I still have some tightness in my stomach and soreness in my back. But, it's no where near as bad as it was. I know I haven't posted any pics lately but I promise I will. I hope everyone here is healing just fine. And no matter what, hang in there!!
Can't wait to see! !! Good to hear an update. Mine is scheduled for June 19!!!
U look so great:-) haven't checked on u in a while but ur lookin awesome! Bet ur hapi :-)) x
Thank you, I'm just going through that faze, we're I'm swelling at night after doing cleaning and running errands. And dealing with my 21 month old grand child.
Thanks for the update! Glad things are going so well. Very happy for you. Can't wait to see more pics of that amazing new bod. You are inspirational. Continued good healing and success.
Thank you, hope all is going well for you. I haven't forgot the pics.
Wow! You look great! Congrats and continued healing.
Thanks, I'm just a little sore here and there. I've come along way. Just taking it one day at a time.
Your looking awesome...Congrats!!!
Was the 4900 all inclusive of the fees or were separate costs to be included?I have my consult for next week (TT) .
The 4,900.00 is for MR, lipo, and the tt. that's everything included. Sorry so late at getting back to you. Good luck!!
Thank you. How are your scars looking now. I had my consult with him this week. I will have my tt in June. What is MR? ;)
Hey Thundercat! How is the pulling? I still feel pulling on the right side and it is so annoying!
It's has gotten a lot better not as much pulling like it was. I can stretch all the way back and it doesn't bother me. I still have some tightness mainly in the morning. But it does get better through out the day then at night I can feel the tightness coming on. Good luck, I still need to see my ps doctor I haven't seen him since he did the sx. I need to follow up soon as the weather gets better.
Merry Christmas to you too Thundercat. x
Thank you, and Happy New Year to you.
Merry Xmas sweetie!!!