Surprisingly Wonderful Experience - Mini tummy tuck and muscle tightening and some lipo

I was so so scared of undergoing it. I've had two...

I was so so scared of undergoing it. I've had two c-sections, but somehow this was different. I was worried about my life, something going wrong, my children. I felt so guilty for doing this even though my husband was very supportive. I read a lot (perhaps too much) and waited two months between my initial consultation and the surgery. Well, all the anxiety was gone when I decided to pray and give it all to The Lord. I know this is a cosmetic procedure, but I could not leave my faith outside of this part of my life. I know and God knows too the reason I was doing this and I can honestly say the moment I prayed with faith and conviction, He removed all my worries and gave me a peace that surpasses understanding. Well, I did it! Yesterday. I felt peace, and was completely awake and conscious immediately after the surgery. My doctor is amazing! The staff was wonderful and although I feel a little pain at the end of the four hour interval, as soon as I take the next pain pill, it's gone. I've been getting up to use the bathroom (with help), and have been eating light and drinking lots of fluids. I will say that so far it's been great. The biggest battle is in the mind. Also, trusting your PS is essential. Mine awesome. Had great references on him and already got my morning call from him. I have no idea what my tummy looks like, but so far I am happy I gave myself this Christmas present.

Day 2 post op

It's been a great experience as far as pain s concerned. Much less painful thank c-section and totally controllable by meds. I passed gas today, but have not been number 2 yet. I know that will be an accomplishment.

I am concerned about one thing... I took my binder off today to shower and saw wrinkles that didn't exist before... I am so worried it will look awful. I called my PS and another doctor was on call. He says it's too soon to tell anything... But I see pics of women with a flat stomach after day 2....what's wrong with me?

Day 9 post op

Wow, this week had flown by! Recovery has been great! I will be honest. Two things that I was scared to death before my surgery were "the scar being high" and "feeling a lot of pain." My doctor made my scar really low and I am very happy with that. And to be honest, the pain has been so manageable. I really have not felt pain. Just discomfort. My c-sections were a lot worse. I have been sleeping on my recliner and in the first few days I had Oxycodone every 4 hours, then I extended it to every 6, then 8 then the bottle was empty :) but I don't really need it anymore...a little Tylenol will do if I feel discomfort on my incision, but I have only needed to take two in the mornings, two I the evenings if that. I don't wait until I am in pain to take meds and that has really helped. The most pain I have felt on a scale of 1-10 was a 3, but only on the first couple of days. The most painful experience no one talks about it is your first bowel movement. My first BM was a horrible experience and it reminded me the first time after my c-sections. That happened on day 5, but it's just the first time; after that, I have been regular and without pain when going to the bathroom.

I did mention earlier that I was disappointed about not being flat. That was something I did not expect. But it is flattening out. And yesterday I liked what I saw in the mirror. I have been wearing my binder day and night and only remove it once a day to shower. I have talked to friends that have had TTs and they say it's normal and will flatten out. I have also talked to a nurse who called to confirm my appointment tomorrow. She said the same thing...it will flatten out. I am swollen in parts (not everywhere) and that makes it bumpy. I had a mini TT with tightening of the lower and upper abdominal muscles and some lipo and the bumps are normal... I sure hope! I still have not taken any pics. Didn't feel brave enough for it. But I will soon.
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

I too would love to see before and afters!! I had the same stuff done as you. :)
Where are your photos? Would love to see before and after.
Welcome to the community.  Don't worry about how things look right now.  The wrinkles could be from swelling, the binder or fluid retention.

You will notice positive changes each week so just rest and take good care of yourself right now.
Have you tried taking a dose of Milk of Magnesia? That will make you go!!

Keep checking in and let me know how you are doing.
Thank you so much, Kimmers25! You were right...it's improving every day. Thanks for the encouragement!
Wonderful!   You are going to be just fine once you are all healed up. This is a long process that takes time but you will get there.