Eyelid Surgery Takes Time to Heal and For Your Eyelids to Appear Symmetrical - Columbus, OH

The experience was a bit daunting as I was awake....

The experience was a bit daunting as I was awake. The surgeon marked my eyes before doing it, and then proceeded to numb them. It was not a pleasant experience to have the eye lid numbed but a necessary. At first I was quite swollen and afraid to touch my eyes, as the eyelids are so thin.

It took about 2 and 1/2 weeks for the bruising to go down. However, it helped to be on a high protein diet and to ice my eyes every 30 min for the first 8 to 12 hours for approximately 10 minutes at an icing. Then, I continued to ice my eyes for the following week. Elevate yourself on two or more pillows to prevent further swelling.

At first I thought that my eyelids did not look even in terms of the space between the lashes and where the the upper eyelid meet, but now after a month, I can truly say that the scarring has gone down and both look 99.9% alike. I can see much better as well, as the droopy lid especially on my right eye was hampering my vision, and even caused me to fail an eye test prior to my surgery.

Choose a surgeon who has had a lot of experience with this type of surgery, and preferably one with a good bedside manner. My surgeon had the experience but barely said a few words to me before, during or after the surgery. Nonetheless, I am pleased overall and the moral of my eyelid surgery is to not judge a surgery by your initial impressions, as the eyes do even out over a reasonable period of healing time.
Dr. Steven Katz

My doctor was excellent and knew what he was doing, but his bedside manner was lacking. He wasn't as personable as I would have liked in light of the fact that I was pretty nervous about the entire procedure to begin with. However, I must say, he did do a great job and I am able to see because of the surgery.