Doing something for myself - Columbus, OH

I am 26 years old, 5'5", about 155 lbs and I'm...

I am 26 years old, 5'5", about 155 lbs and I'm tentatively getting 650cc. After having 2 kids and losing some weight the girls are just not what they used to be. My breasts have always been a little "top heavy", (they never really rounded out) and my left is bigger than the right. I've always been self conscious about them so why not get them fixed.

Had my consultation today for the bigger and better boobs today. I feel very comfortable with my doctor; he took the time to go over the pros and cons of all my choices and discussed what I wanted. He suggest that I would also benefit from a lift but he didn't push the issue, which I loved. I am planning a lift at a later date but I should get rather nice results from just the implants right now.

Is bigger really better?

So I've been hearing different versions of this question quite a lot today. Is bigger really better? Is 600-650 going to be too big for me. My PS said that I could do any where from 450-650 but that 600-650 would get me the look I was going for. (I showed him pics, Scarjo anyone? lol) From women that I have talked too to some reviews I've read I keep hearing go bigger or you'll wish you had. Which is why I picked the bigger size...... now I'm questioning myself. I think its time for the rice test.

Here are some before photos. I've never taken pics of my breasts before so I was very taken back today looking at these. I just can't help but think "wow, my boobs are ugly." I've never thought they were pretty but now.... just wow.

Is it time yet?

I'm getting impatient! I just want to have my pre-op appointment, decide my final size, and have at it. I just want to have the new boobs and I want the healing process to be over with. I'm anxious to start a new workout program but I know it will be awhile till I can actually go all out.

I bought a few bras to wear for after, I got one large and one extra large, but I didn't get a chance to try them on at the time and now I think I need to return the large. One thing I am worried about clothes wise is not being able to wear my husbands old tshirts. I stole some of his high school tshirts when we first started dating (8 years ago) and I've never given them back. I'd hate it if I couldn't fit in them after. I think it will be a really tight fit but if I could wear them while pregnant with our daughter then I can make it work. lol

Might have to postpone :(

We've had some stuff come up and money is going to be tight. We have the money to cover the gap between the total and care credit but covering this bill and the surgery would empty out our savings. If something happened we'd be SOL and we aren't really comfortable with that. I'm hoping that we can figure something out so I don't have to reschedule.

Figured it out!

No need to postpone!! Yay, got it all figured out!!! Only 2 weeks I can't wait, bring on the boobies!!!

New Mattress

Our new mattress came in finally! We got one of Sealy's high end memory foam with a 25 year warranty. I think with how comfortable it is I should be able to sleep in bed after the BA as long as I use plenty of pillows to prop myself up.

Pre-op is a week from today and surgery is in 13 days! Excited and anxious. I'm a little worried that the pain meds won't be strong enough. I have fibromyalgia and a high tolerance to most pain meds. I also have a high pain tolerance so I think I'll be fine. If I can have my son naturally without an epidural then I think I can handle it.

My parents told

I'm not really keeping my BA a secret lol what's the point? It's going to be obvious. I haven't told everyone though because it hasn't come up or they just don't need to know right now. Like my sister that lives states away, I just haven't had the chance to tell her yet. My parents are there visiting and they tell her the first night without even asking me if she knew first. I'm irritated because she will think that I was purposely keeping it from her when that wasn't my intention. Secondly my parents are just like oh well get over it we told her. As has happened in the past when my parents have beat me to the punch. I'm not surprised because my mother does that shit all the time, doesn't mean it doesn't tick me off every time. My mother is going with me to my pre-op appointment because DH has to work so that should be fun. (Sarcasm lol)

Something else I've been thinking about; why is it that everyone needs to know why you want a boob job? Or if your SO wants you to get it done? Like what's it matter? I'm doing it for me and my husband is fine with that. He has never made me feel anything but beautiful and sexy even when I have strongly disagreed. He isn't however gonna turn down bigger boobs to play with. Lol

I guess that is my bit of a rant done and over with. Hope everyone had a good and safe 4th!

Am I really getting boobs?

Because the fact that I'm going to have implants in about a week doesn't seem real. Honestly I'm a little worried about liking them. I'm kinda comparing it to getting a new piercing or tattoo, its a little painful at first and takes some getting used too but after awhile you hardly notice them anymore. I hope the implants are like that. My goal is big boobs but are big boobs going to get in the way too much? I'm planning on doing the rice test and my pre-op appointment is in 2 days so I can play with sizes again. I don't want to go too big but I also don't want to have to go back in for bigger ones either. I just want to get the right ones the first time.

Pre-op day!

It's getting so close! I'm super excited now. Took my mother with me since my husband had to work and she agreed go big or go home. She even suggested the 700cc instead of just 650. Now I've definitely got boob greed! Wishing I had tried on the 800s just to see how they look. I really thought that they may be too big but they look very proportional on me. Just what I wanted to go bigger and to balance out my lower half.

Dr. Shah went over the surgery and what to expect again. I am very comfortable with him. I also love Britney who is my little helper person, I can't think of her title.

Sizer pic

I think these look very natural on me and would look even better in a real bra.

New outlet

Well, I removed myself from a fitness and health group on fb. We had all been together for about 3 years and a few other girls and I were discussing my BA. Some girls that obviously just don't agree with PS threw a fit about the topic. Instead of being adults and ignoring the posts or being able to compromise grouped together and threw a fit saying that its taking the easy way out and it was off topic. For a group being together that long it was definitely not the first time we've every talked about something other than fitness. They said it brought out their insecurities, like the pics of the girls that weight less than 120 don't make the bigger girls feel insecure? No one tells them they shouldn't post their pics. This is me dealing with one of my insecurities, it doesn't matter what their own personal opinions are on PS we are supposed to be supporting each other.

Any who! The more I look at the 700cc sizers the smaller I think they look. One of my friends said "I can't tell a difference between those and a nice bra." I kinda of agree. I know its boob greed lol but I want to try on the 800s before surgery just to make sure. I wish I had tried them on at my pre-op but I didn't even think about it. DH says he wishes I had tried them on too. I want big boobs and I only want to do it once. :)

Getting anxious!!

Two days to go and I'm really excited and really nervous. I keep going back and forth between thinking they will be amazing and what if their not? What if my body reacts badly and what if I don't like them? What if, what if, what if? Ugh.

Less than 12 hours to go!

I'll be in the OR 7:30am tomorrow morning and in less than 12 hours I'll have some new girls! Mostly over my fears and excited to see the results. Not sure if I'll update tomorrow depending on how I feel. Thank you for all of the support ladies!!! It really means a lot.

Got them!

Besides the fact that we almost slept through my surgery time lol thanks to me setting the alarm for PM instead of AM. Surgery went very smooth and everyone was great. I went with my instinct and got the 800s! Go big or go home. At first I was hurting pretty bad but once we got home and got me settled in its much better. Doc says no big meals today which sucks because I want Sushi! Lol i know it's due to the anesthesia but it doesn't bother my stomach. Here's a pic of the girls!

First day post

So far so good. As long as I keep up with the pain meds and ice the girls the pain has been manageable. I've cat napped a little off and on too which helps. I can already tell that they have settled in a little because they aren't as high as yesterday but the right one is still higher than the left. I think that's because I'm right handed so the muscle is probably tighter. I still haven't taken the sports bra off but I have lifted it some to readjust.

Day Two

Not doing too bad, keeping up on the meds helps. Got to take a shower today and I had to sit down to shave my legs but I got it done. We even took the kids on a play date this afternoon, that was fine till I had to pick my son up. Let me just say OUCH!

I've noticed that my left is dropping way faster than my right. I'm trying not to use my right arm in hopes it helps. Anyone have any advice on how to get the right one to drop? Doc said no to massage.

Back to work today.

I'm back to work today and thankfully I have an easy case. First day with just Tylenol for the pain and I'm doing alright so far. Still icing the boobs every chance I get. Lefty is dropping nicely but righty is still pretty high and tight. It has dropped a little because it's about three finger with down from my collar bone instead of just two. Trying to use my right arm less so the muscle relaxes. Will post pics soon.

Happy One Week!

So the girls are a week old today. The feeling in them is starting to return which means they are a little tingly at times. I can tell that I've done too much recently because my chest muscles are hurting. Occasionally when I move I hear/feel a bubbling on my left side, hope it goes away as I heal because I don't know how much I'm going to like hearing my implant. Lol my right one is still higher but it seems to be dropping slowly. Let me see, the last time I took anything but Tylenol for the pain was Sunday night before bed. I've been more swollen than painful so ice has really been helping. On the other hand I had to take laxatives twice to get anything moving again. My stomach was so bloated that I looked pregnant and I was so uncomfortable. I stepped back on the scale and 6 of the 10 post op pounds I gained have gone away thankfully.

Yesterday was our anniversary so I dressed them up nice for the first time. With the bloat it was hard for me to find anything to wear lol I also don't like tight tops yet. I tried wearing a t-shirt with a tank under it the other day and it just felt like too much pressure.

photos

Columbus Institute of Plastic Surgery

Wow congrats,i agree with you 100℅ in go big or o home. I started out with 375cc but for my body shape that is wayy too small i switched to 450cc saline. I cant wait until the waiting game is over. Good luck on your road to recovery
             congrats! how are you liking your 800cc? i have 800cc too i love mine!
Looking hot !!!!
Thank you!
glad you are on your way to a good recovery. i'm starting to hear and feel the sloshing around too. it started in my right and then two days later in my left. i think it's normal especially since i have saline but it sure is going to be weird to get used to.
thats not your implant your hearing that is air and bodily fluids moving around inside of the pocket of your breast and will subside in about two weeks, no worries
oh good to know because it creeps me out. i'm glad it's going to go away.
Oh thank goodness! lol thank you!
Creeps me out too, I have silicone and I didn't think I should be able to hear them. lol
Happy to hear your doing good !
Thank you!
How are you feeling ? Can't wait to see your pics of your new boobies . Yay for big boobies !!!!
Hey! I'm feeling a lot better. It's like over the last two days it's just gotten better. Thanks! Gonna post pics of the girls tonight.
Congrats ! I think you will have your wish boobs !!
Thank you! I really hope I do. So far so good. :)
Congrats! They look good. How are you feeling? My surgery is Tuesday and I'm so nervous.
As long as I keep up on the pain meds its not too bad. Just really tight so I've been icing also. Good luck next week!
Looking good ! Congrats !
Thanks!
I have the i comfort sleep system with an adjustable base and I think its going to be a life saver following my surgery, minus the husband, but hes okay on the couch for a week or so!
I propped up with a ton of pillows and it worked just fine. The hard part was getting up with morning lol
Glad you went with your gut and got the bigger! Get some test, and keep us updated!
Me too, they are gonna be huge lol
Good luck today...thinking of you!