Post op!-Columbus, OH

I have always had a small frame, including my...

I have always had a small frame, including my boobs! And ever since I noticed other girls developing I knew I wanted to enhance mine. I knew i would wait until I was done having kids and was financially stable before I would do it... And now I finally am ready. I have been stalking this site all week, and finally today after telling my mom and having her support I called and scheduled my consult.

I go to see Dr. Anne Taylor next Saturday! It was a lot quicker than I thought it would be. She does hers once a month in a "seminar" type style. We will all be examined individually and can also ask our personal questions the, but after will see a presentation together.

I am so nervous. I know several people that have had this procedure, and only one has negative thoughts on it.

He many consults did you ladies go on? I have seen some say that you should see several... But if I like the first one I might just stick with her.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I guess I didn't say much about myself in my...

I guess I didn't say much about myself in my original post. I am 25, married for 4 years and we have two boys together, ages 5 and 18 months. I breastfed both of them.
I am 5'3 and 125lbs. I am a deflated 34B from Victorias Secret (always miracle or push ups... And there's extra room at the top) I just want to fill up!... A full C cup is what I'm hoping for. I have wanted this all my life, but of course am very scared bc I am aware of the many risks that comes with the surgery. I have loved reading all of the stories on here, good and bad, and am looks forward to sharing my journey with you all! As soon as I muster up some courage I will post some "before pics".

Thank you for starting your journey on RealSelf! And for telling your mom!  :)
Here are some questions you want to make sure are addressed at your seminar style consult:

Breast Augmentation Consultation: Questions to Ask

If you can find the time to do one more doctor consult, it might be worth your time. Looking foward to hearing how your seminar goes!

4 days till consult. I had a dream last night that...

4 days till consult. I had a dream last night that they were already done and were perfect! I am super happy it was a good dream and not a nightmare!! Anyone else dreaming about it too??

I feel you on the posting a picture thing! Lol I haven't posted yet either... Good luck on your consult!

Scheduled!!! May 6th is the big day. Tomorrow I...

Scheduled!!! May 6th is the big day. Tomorrow I will call and pay deposit And schedule my pre-op & post-op appts. I can't wait... I hope this month goes quickly! I am sure it will.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Does anyone else's doctor not have you try on...

Does anyone else's doctor not have you try on "sizers"? They said that they aren't very accurate for what you will end up with so they go more off what you say you hope for, pics, and height/weight....

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Does anyone else's doctor not have you try on...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I had my pre op today. Signed lots of papers, took...

I had my pre op today. Signed lots of papers, took pics, a few last minute questions to the doc, and PAID! Yay... It's starting to sink in now. I just wantto stay busy these last few weeks so the time goes fast. I am soooo nervous though. I about had a panic attack before my appt.

Ok so a few things I'm worried about. 1. My doc does not do the sizers. I haven't come across any other posts that say they didn't try on sizers at an appointment.
2. I was not prescribed an antibiotic. Pain med, muscle relaxer, nausea patch, and Valium (I had to ask for it). Do they prescribe an antibiotic the day of your surgery? Or anyone not have one at all?
3. I do not have a recliner. Did anyone go get one, and if so are you glad you did? Did anyone get one of those big thick pillow things with arms? I am worried about being able to sleep comfortably.
4. In my paperwork I read that they do not recommend massaging. It said that is an outdated recommendation and the new ones will drop and soften on their own, but I have yet to see any posts that weren't recommended to so massaging.
4. My paperwork also said they recommend wearing an underwire FOREVER!! Really?! I had no idea! It of course says that you can tAke off on occasions but the majority of time you should wear one. Even to sleep! That was one thing I was most looking forward to in the summer, braless! Guess not :(
5. Anyone have any good preop diets that worked for them? I would love to drop a few lbs before surgery, since I know I'll most likely gain a few after.
6. Surgery is on a Monday and I am returning to work the following Monday. I sit most of the day but do have to lift and carry files and lots of bending down to pull files out of drawers... Is this enough time to recover? I don't want anyone At work to know... Is it easy to hide from coworkers? Anyone wear a certain type of clothes that helped to camoflauge them?

I am going with 350cc, hoping to be a FULL C. I hope that's big enough! We were between that and 375, but when I told her I definitely wanted to look as natural as possible she recommended the 350's.
I dropped off all my meds to get filled. Did anyone's insurance cover the meds? This pArt confuses me... Bc how will the insurance company know why I was prescribed the meds? Just curious, if anyone knows :)

I can't wait for your surgery to hear how it goes and to see the results!!! funny how we get excited for each other!!! I too am excited for may 6....but because I will be on vacation.......i still have 12 weeks til my BA!

5 days left and I am feeling so overwhelmed. I...

5 days left and I am feeling so overwhelmed. I can't believe the time has gone so fast. I bought a really comfy recliner (we had been wanting one anyway so the timing was perfect). I have all my meds, which insurance covered all but $45 and my flex account paid for the rest. I need to buy some sports bras, and am going to look at Walmart tomorrow. I have been cleaning the house daily but it's kind of pointless with two boys. My inlaws will have them from Mon to Thurs, but I'm super nervous about caring for my 18 month old after they get home. He loves being held and picked up, and he sleeps with us at night. Just a quick update.... Will post again before the big day, next MONDAY!!

Good luck on Monday and let us know how it goes! This is going to be the longest weekend of your life, lol:)
Thank you! I am so excited but soon nervous!!
Thanks! I love this site and the support! It's nice to have people to talk to, especially since I haven't told anyone but my mom and sister... None of my friends or coworkers know! Hope you have a great vacation! I'll be following your journey also :) thanks for the post!!

24 hours and I will be at the surgery center... OMG

24 hours and I will be at the surgery center... OMG

Are you going with saline or silicone? Above or below the muscle? I am close to you near Bellefontaine, Ohio. I have my surgery scheduled for June 5th but am still undecided if I'm going to go through with it. It is scheduled with a Dr. out of Toledo. He seems good but I'm just worried about all of the negatives that are involved. I would love to see your after photos when you are done. Good Luck!!
I am going with silicone and under the muscle. I know what you mean... I was very apprehensive too but I decided to go for it! I will definitely post more pics afterwards!
Good luck! Hope everything goes well tomorrow

Just wanted to post a few more before pics.

Just wanted to post a few more before pics.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Well I made it!! I am very sore right now. The...

Well I made it!! I am very sore right now. The pain meds take away the pain, but not the soreness! I was in a lot of pain right after, but I pretty much slept through the entire recovery period. I am all wrapped up so I can't see them :( but I know they're there!
Recovering at home so far isn't bad. My hubby has been amazing so far waitin on me hand and foot. I can actually get up and sit down with no help, which is nice. I am worried bc I have seen a lot of people say day 1 po is worse than the day of! Ahh... I just need to keep up with the meds and I think I'll be okay. I itch too, all over my chest... Is that normal? It's not horrible but I wanna scratch!
I go to my post op tomorrow @1 so will post more then.
Thank you all so much for the well wishes, I just love all the support on here! Best of luck to anyone getting close!!

My Doctor said iching is normal. Feels so good to feel there's a breast there too! The pain meds got me thru to day 3, then constipation made me more uncomfortable than my chest! Get some Miralax as soon as possible. You'll love the post op tomorrow when he cuts the bandages off! Ahhhh! Enjoy that!!
Good luck today!
Thank you!

Well post op day 2. Haven't hardly eaten anything...

Well post op day 2. Haven't hardly eaten anything this week, and last night I started throwing up. About every hour from 2:30am to 6:30am... That was not fun. Post op appt went well, everything looks great she said, no bleeding or bruising! They look amazing, huge but amazing, and I know they'll go down with swelling. Hubby said they were perfect. I was hoping I would be able to just wear my sports bra, but no, she wants me layered with thesports bra, ace wrap then surgical bra. Ugh... Still a little itchy, but I think it's from the ace wrap, it's way up into my armpits, but that's where she said to wear it! Will post more later, with pics, I can finally shower!

The blue bra u have on was excellent during my surgery! I bought 4 of them and they were perfect, also one week post op, I now have been wearing the ahh bra, and those are really cheap and comfy.
I am wearing the blue one post op too, sooo comfy, if only I didn't had to wear this stupid ace wrap! I am going to go back to Walmart and buy more of the blue one though! Very supportive

Feeling better today. Hubby went to work this...

Feeling better today. Hubby went to work this morning and I had no trouble doing anything on my own. No Percocet, just ibuprofen. One muscle relaxer this morning. Did anyone else get a rash? Red and bumpy & itchy on my stomach, neck and top of my arms and chest. It's hard to tell if its from the pain meds or the muscle relaxer. Also when I lift my arms a little I hear/feel a squishy something near the top.... Very freaky!! Please tell me it is normal!! Lol
Overall i feel great right now. Still trying to just rest and relax. Can't wait till I can get this surgical bra and ace wrap off and just wear my comfy sports bras.

I'm excited to see your pics. My boobs look similar preop (mine are a bit more deflated I think!) glad to hear your recovery is going smoothly. How painful was it?! Was day after surgery the worst? Is if managed if you took pain pills every four hours or do you still feel pain even while taking the pain pills? Did you go under general?

Added some pics :)

Added some pics :)

You look great! Hope the recovery is going well!
They are beautiful!
Thanks! The pain for me was manageable. It was worse the day of surgery for me. I only needed the Percocet for the first two days after surgery, and today on day 4 I haven't even taken any ibuprofen. I could still feel discomfort and soreness but not pain while on the meds. Everyone is different tho! I did go under general and no nausea or anything. I did get sick but it was on day two and I think it was bc I wasn't eating enough with the meds. Good luck and feel free to ask me anything :)

Post op day 8. Back to work for two days now. I...

Post op day 8. Back to work for two days now. I have a desk job but do have to lift files and be on my feet quite a bit... I am sore and in some pain by the time I get home. Otherwise I am doing great. Still a little uncomfortable sleeping and I wake up a few times through the night but that's normal for me anyway! Nobody at work has taken a second glance yet :) I have tried to wear tops that aren't form fitted but once the weather gets nicer it will be harder!! I am overall very happy with everything at this point in time, I just can't wait to be totally healed and normal!! I really miss picking up my little one and rocking him to sleep!! Hopefully soon I will be able to :)
I will do another post after my next appt on Thursday! Lots of luck to anyone going into surgery soon!

I am jealous you found so many bras! I couldnt find any in my crappy walmarts!!! It was horrible, I finally just got a genie bra but its kinda tight =/ My surgeon also doesn't recommend the massaging so you are not alone! He also told me I could start wearing a wire bra after the first week if it was comfortable..it sure isnt lol. aw you were throwing up too?Isnt that the worst?!?!? I did for the first 3 days straight it hurt sooo bad and really messed me up for healing slower. I couldnt even take pain meds after that. so lame. I had the rash too from my antibiotics I believe. ugh that was shitty. How are lifting files at work now? im so nervous to pick something up and mess up something. Im glad you are happy with things and totally agree about picking up a little one!!Mine is a cat but hes almost 25 lb so hes pretty big but i miss holding him =( good luck at your app thursday!
They look so good! Hoping mine look good too next month! What size Ccs did you end up getting?!
Thanks!! I got 350cc's. good luck to you!!

Two weeks post op

Added a pic! It is the eve of my two week anniversary and i am feeling great... My incision tape came off this weekend and they look amazing. You can hardly see the scars. I am a little worried about the right one though, I can feel a tiny piece of one of the stitches. I hope that doesn't mean it's open a little bit and could get infected easily.... I think all the swelling has gone down at this point. They are super sensitive overall and I am still pretty much numb from the nipple down.
I never thought I would be this person but.... I wish I went bigger!!!! But I keep reminding myself that I do not want people to look at me and immediately know I have implants. I look exactly like I did before with clothes on and my two padded push up bras-yup I wore two bras together under my clothes, lol. But sometimes I get sad wishing I had gotten the 375's. But the hubby and I agreed if I should ever need a revision (sooner or later I know I will) I will go bigger then!
I bought a Genie Bra and I love it. So I have been wearing that and then over that my blue front claw bra.
Sleeping is getting better for me. I am a side sleeper so it was hard getting used to sleeping on my back... But it's not so bad now. I am definitely not ready to sleep on my side yet though.
Will update more later this week after my two week appt. Best of luck to everyone going this week!!

you look perfect
Thank u so much!!
ur results look great, i love ur size!
Columbus Plastic Surgeon