They Are Not Mine! - Columbus, OH

I had implants put in '00 (at 18 yrs old) going...

I had implants put in '00 (at 18 yrs old) going from an a/b cup to 32DD, however I was likely even bigger than that! They were silicone, 600 cc's. After 9 years, the left side bottomed out and was uncomfortable in bras and especially odd to look at, so I had a revision in 2009. I asked for smaller implants then, and my PS said 500 cc would be the smallest I could go without needing a lift then. So I took that as fact, and now have 500 cc's- still a 32DD or DDD depending on bra.

The left side has begun to bottom out again, and looks so different than the right. I'm done with this cycle of revisions. I no longer need the attention or validation of having larger breast to feel like a woman. I'm ready for people to notice me for my personality, smile and charm, not just my big chest.

I am having them removed, with no lift right now. I want to give my body time to heal, the skin to contract naturally - which is a BIG question since its been 13 years! But I am hopeful with taking good care of mind and body that it'll work out beautifully!

24 hours post op

I had them removed yesterday morning and all went very smooth! It took less than an hour under IV sedation. I woke up in recovery and looked down immediately- they were cute and tiny! I felt so much lighter! I was surprised how the natural fold was back, as you could see the fold from where the implant used to be. I'd still have perky boobs!

No pain at first, but emptied the drains around 3 pm and the right breast began bleeding at the incision site/drain. I called the physicians office and they told us to come in - Dr. Grawe gave me immediate attention and treated me in-office. I couldn't look, but she had to open the site up and locate the cause of bleeding. She used local numbing so I couldn't feel much except the pressure. The bleeding stopped and even then, the pain was only a 2 on a 1-10 scale.

Just woke up (slept in same position all night not to move with the drains) and feeling sore near the incision areas. The compression bra feels good. Going to take it easy for another day and heal.

Emotionally, it is such a relief! Yesterday I had a moment of tears, simply because I had done this to myself so young and for all of those years I let the attention of having large breast validate myself. Who I am internally now matches my natural self and it feels AMAZING! I'm looking forward to the day here in the near future when I get ready for work, wearing something fabulous that I don't have to squeeze my breast into and confidently going out.

Drains are a pain

3 days post-op and feeling pretty good! Went and got my hair cut to match the new me! Can't wait to go shopping after the drains come out, as shirts now have to cover up the drains and it's hard to conceal!

Showering for the first time was..scary. I was nervous to get them wet and overall I'm just sore, nervous to touch them, too! Keeping them in compression (surgical ones - you can buy on eBay for $30 each) all the time except when showering. Also, i use a stretched out elastic headband in the shower aroind mu waist to attach the drains to.

Besides the drains, I feel great and completely satisfied with the decision. I look more thin and younger, I think!

More pics

Here are a few more pics

Another pic

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

You'll feel a bit better every day! I got my stitches out today, right at 2 weeks. So happy they are out. I'm very small, but considering I had those old bags for 35 years, I think I look pretty good. The PS gave me paperwork to submit to Medicare, hopefully they'll reimburse me some of the cost...I'm going to include the horrible implant pics I posted before...both were ruptured. I remember being nervous in the shower, too, but I just removed the bags at the end of the tubes, just for the shower, and then reattached them. Made showering much easier!! You'll also feel good when those drains come out. Mine came out at 3 1/2 days. Rest & take care, & I'm so happy for you!
Did you have your capsules removed also? Glad you are doing so well.
I did not.
I'm not having mine out either. PS didn't think it was necessary. I don't think I'm getting drains either. Glad you are doing well.
You look great!!!

You look fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing on RealSelf. I love the small perky look and I'm happy for you that you feel lighter and better. You've come a long way!

Gorgeous pic of your inframammary fold going right back to normal! There is always a lot of fear, uncertainty and just unknowns discussed her about "folds" and whether or not they can ever recover. You pic speaks 1000+ words!
Exactly!! My "folds" are something I'm really worried about!
Isn't it amazing! After 13 years almost to the day! The body is amazing.
Looking great! Congrats for being so brave courageous and strong. I can't wait to join you on the natural side in 20 days!
Are you having a capsulectomy as well?
I don't think so. After only 3 months, it's going to be paper thin and I'm doing a simple explant with local and IV. I've had horrible nerve issues and I'm trying to keep the surgery to a minimum so as to not further damage any nerves. Capsules will be paper thin anyway and should heal just fine. Did you have your capsules removed?
I'm having my surgery on July 30 and yes I have to have a capsulectomy due to capsular contracture in both. I keep reading about hopes the capsules can be very adhered to the chest wall and may be difficult to remove. I have had mine for 7 years so hopefully it won't be too bad.
I see lots of reviews where the surgeon just did the anterior capsule (front) and they had a great result. Either way, it doesn't sound like the recovery is still anything like the original BA. I also had a tummy tuck, so don't know what BA alone would have been like. The TT was tough. Good luck with your surgery, I'll be following along and posting my progress as well.
Are you going to start a review?
I had a bilateral capsulectomy with explantation. Nobody seems to be as bruised as I was, but that may be due to my age! I'm two weeks post tomorrow; still sore & wearing the sports bras, but it makes it more comfortable. LOVE the coconut oil everyone said to get! Started that yesterday...good for my old skin anyway! I'm 66 & had them in for 35 years, so am sure it'll take me a bit longer to get better! Very, very happy, though!
Thanks for sharing! What coconut oil?
I wondered that too. What kind of coconut oil are you using and where did you buy it?
Got it from Walgreen's, $8!!! Comes in a tub, in the vitamin aisle. Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil. It stays kind of liquid-y in the tub, in the bathroom. Feels great & soaks in, so no greasy feel after a few minutes. I even put in on my shaved legs....neat stuff. So glad I heard about in on this site. My stitches come out tomorrow...hopefully in another couple of weeks I can start ScarGuard on my under-boob scars....still sore, but feeling good.
Hi veranda. I'm 50 and planning surgery soon due to rupture. Do you mind me asking what size you were before and what you went up to? I was an a cup and went to a c and very nervous as to what they will look like after.
Thanks for sharing; they look great! Hope I'm that lucky in 4 weeks!
Your going to look great! I've seen alot of women on here, much older with same cc's and they looked just fine after!! You should okay :)
Thank you so much! I'm loving the smaller look and feel so far. It definitely makes you feel thinner again!
I look forward to following your journey. When is your explant?
Had it done 6/28, feeling sore but happy they are out!