Wish I'd Never Met Dr. Sullivan - Columbus, OH

I had 350cc silicone, submuscular implants placed....

I had 350cc silicone, submuscular implants placed. From the moment I woke up, I knew they looked odd. I ended up finding out from a different doctor that (1) they were poorly placed originally, and (2) had further bottomed out. Dr. Sullivan is not one to take criticism well, and when I complained about pain in my left breast, her response was, "Well, I believe you, but I don't know." Thanks for accusing me of lying.... I found out this pain was caused by surgical trauma (from another doctor) - which is something I would think she would have been able to diagnose.

Fast forward, and I am now explanting with a very skilled surgeon in Cleveland in just over a week. He recommended removal as the bottoming out is too severe to fix, plus the sheer weight of the implants has prevented from running (my passion) at all without pain or risk of further bottoming out. This surgeon mentioned that he never lets avid runners get more than 200cc as it is just asking for trouble. Wish I would have known this beforehand!

Explant Is Over

Now that I'm over 3 weeks post-explant, and dealing with the repercussions of having implants in the first place, I'm even angrier than ever at Dr. Sullivan. I remember asking her about whether or not I'd be able to do the same amount of upper body workouts as before implants, given that the muscle was going to be cut. She replied that I would have no problems. False! I was never able to do even an 1/8 of the level of workouts I did prior to my BA. Now, even with the muscle stitched back down, my new PS tells me I may only ever be at 90% of my pre-BA strength.

I also asked Dr. Sullivan about the possibility of bottoming out, since I ran avidly. She told me, "They aren't going anywhere." Wrong again! I had a "severe" case of bottoming out according to my new surgeon. It just pains me that Dr. Sullivan is allowed to operate on people at all. She clearly has no clue what it's like to have implants, nor does she care about the impact they may have on her patients' lives. She is in this for the money and nothing else. Very unethical, in my opinion.
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

The only time she is friendly is when she is trying to "sell" you on a procedure. If you have problems that she doesn't know how to fix, then she becomes condescending and cold. I asked her for an explant initially, before luckily finding another surgeon, and she was clearly offended. I have never been treated so poorly in all my life - she acted as though I were an idiot for even making the request, and when I went to ask her questions during my second consult regarding explant, she said, "Didn't we already answer questions before?" Pretty sure she's obligated, as a surgeon, to answer ALL my questions. After that meeting I knew she was a poor choice and found my current surgeon. Further, before she would even meet with me she called my mom to discuss the procedure because she didn't think I'd be able to handle the post-explant results (can you say HIPAA violation?!) Do your own research on whatever surgery you're going to have because Dr. Sullivan won't inform you of all the risks - she'll just hand you a brochure to read in order to fulfill her ethical/legal obligation to warn of risks. In my opinion, she is only in this for the money.

How you doing?
I think I'm healing all right. Still not back to my normal routine, hope I'll be able to back fairly close to where I was, exercise-wise. I don't know why I ended up so unlucky in all this, but I'll be glad when it's all in the past.

Thank you for sharing your on RealSelf. Good luck with your explant...your surgery date is coming up soon. Wishing you the best!

Good luck.Let me know how it go.What do you mean bottoming out?What does it look like?

Here is a Guide to Breast Aug Slang which will give you an explanation of bottoming out. This link provides a photo from our RealSelf Doctor Q&A which also describes bottoming out. Hope you find these helpful.

sorry this happened to you! did you already explant?
Not yet, but only 8 more days to wait! Needless to say, I'm still quite stressed about the whole situation and nervous about what my post-explant boobs are going to look like. I'm hoping quite similar to before, but who knows. =/
             there several other stories in this site off woman who has explanted! you should look them up! just go under reviews section and look up explant! some off those stories and pics maybe very helpful for you!