get. through. it. Columbus, OH

I am for months into Claravis (Accutane) at 60mg...

I am for months into Claravis (Accutane) at 60mg daily. I had mild cystic acne, with cysts that lasted for months and were sore and painful. I'd get them around my mouth and between my eyes. It hurt even to talk sometimes. I was so embarrassed. In for months my blackheads are long gone, my cysts are disappearing, and I am complemented on my skin often. I glow. I'm confident. I feel amazing. After years of trying everything, and I mean everything, it is the only results I've ever had. The side effects are tough and if you're not dedicated enough you won't make it. There will be days when your eyes are swollen, your entire body itches like chicken pox and you can't sleep, and your lips bleed. You'll feel grumpy, sleepless, irritable, and can't tan or you'll turn bright red. I was on a date and my nose was flaking off, the guy thought I had a booger on my face! So humiliating. But I PROMISE you, the rewards outweigh the horrible course of treatment. When you get discouraged, come here, read the blogs, watch Youtube results videos, success stories, whatever you have to do, just DON'T GIVE UP. Six months of hell or deal with the embarrassment and pain. Love yourself. You can do this.
Dr. Plottner OSU

Dr. Plottner is the best doctor I've ever had. She listens, encourages and celebrates with me every month. I love her.

Welcome, thank you for taking the time to share. Cystic Acne is so very painful, I suffered for years with it! I am so glad you found something that worked for you and that you gained your confidence back, what a success story! Do you have any tips for how you dealt with your side effects?

Here is another member that went through a similar experience, thought I would connect you together:
MY EXPERIENCE ON ACCUTANE