31 Year Old 2 Kids Mini Tummy Tuck - Columbus, OH

I have a mini tummy tuck with lipo flanks next...

I have a mini tummy tuck with lipo flanks next week 5/23. I have 2 kids and this is something I have been working up my nerves to do for some years now and the time is finally here. I'm happy and nervous at the same time and so ready to get it over with. I can't wait to see the results. I've heard that liposuction is painful so I'm anxious to see how I manage the pain.

1 day to go

My mini tt is tomorrow morning and I'm ready to get this done. Can't wait.

Day 1

All done. I'm feeling good, not much pain at all. I'm so glad I did it and it's over with. I can't wait to see some results

My first doctor visit

I had my first appointment after my mini tummy tuck/ lipo of my flanks with my ps. My drained was removed and he said everything looks great. I also had a vertical scar revision done from a previous surgery I had from years ago. I can say I'm happy that I went through with the procedure I'm just going to stay patient for the results. I still have some swelling and I have stopped taking any pain medicine. I feel great. I'm doing light work such as washing the dishes making food and continuing to walk around frequently. I will post photos soon.

Recovery

Recovery

Week 1

I have just come up on my first week after my procedure and I'm feeling good. Everyday it gets better especially without the drain and the uncomfortable binder I started off with. I still have some swelling but nothing to much. I noticed the first couple of days the more I forced my body to do the more swelling it caused, so I will do the dishes and sweep the floor the floor and sit down. Overdoing isn't good because you have to give your body the listen and give your body the proper rest it needs. I know our mind can tell us one thing but our body will tell the truth and it's very important to listen to it and relax. My scar is still dark along with some glue my ps put on both if my scars, I just can't wait to see how things look a month later.

Typo

I meant to give your body time.

Pic

Before

Dr. Albert Chao

Congrats! Are you still numb? I am 11 days post mini and my tummy is still very numb and I still wear my binder (which I want to because I feel "safe") also, if I sneeze or couch it pulls and scares me so bad. I am not alone right?? Lol! You're post pic looks great!!
Hi, thank you. You look great. How have you been feeling so far? Your are definitely not alone with the binder support, I am the exact same way I don't do anything without it because it makes me feel secure. Lol! I am still numb. I'm sooo glad I'm in the recovery stage and not the pre stage any more scrambling my nerves.
Thank you. Glad I am not alone. Everyone heals differently but a lot of what I see I feel like I am a slow recovery candidate ;) have you thought about buying a compression garment from like target or somewhere? I also just read about those tonight and thought that would be a bit better than this bulky binder. I am doing much better these past two days. Not on meds now (other than bedtime) and able to bend over instead of squat, ha! Still nervous to hold my 2 yr old but I go back to doc on Thursday so I am sure I will get the green light there. Really the main recovery now if just the insecure feeling about the numbness and guarding it so much. Really ready to not be swollen (it is much worse by the evening after being up all day) and ready to get back into normal routine again! Have you returned to work? Tomorrow starts my first full week back! I work part time but sitting at a deal kills my back after while!!
It seems like your healing just right. I have thought about buying a compression garment from Kohls, because the one they put on me after surgery was really big and uncomfortable. But at my first appt. with my ps last week he gave me a pull on binder that snaps between my legs like a body suit. And that has been working out perfectly because it's tight and keep everything in place. I'm sure you can go and buy one just make sure it fits good enough to compress your abdomen. I've learned everyday it gradually gets better but you have to rake or one step at a time and listen to your body. Yes lifting is something you dr will give you the go on, as far as the swelling me personally I experience it when I do to much for periods of time without sitting and resting. I've noticed my swelling has went down slightly but is still have some time to go before I see results. I've returned to work minimally, I'm a baker so I've been doing as much as my body will allow me. Lol! I'm feel the same as you, I just want to feel regular, but we just have to be patient and know that this was our decision and it's going to be well worth it as we continue to see results. Maybe getting a pillow may help you at your desk.
Sorry typo: you have to take one step at a time
looks great!! Are you happy you did the lipo? How would you describe the pain of the lipo and the tummy tuck itself? I have heard the lipo is worse than the incision across the bikini line. I am hoping for a mini tt but haven't made up my mind about the lipo.
Hey how are you? Thank you, I am very happy that I did the mini and the lipo it was well worth it, I had loose skin on my abdomen along with my stubborn "love handles" that wouldn't go away no marker how much I exercised. To be completely honest the mini & lipo wasn't bad to me at all. I've heard people say that it burns really bad and it's worse than the tt, but I haven't experienced any pain or nothing else. It only feels sore slightly if I touch it. I feel great, I'm healing good. I know everyone's body is different when it comes to pain but for me it wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated it to be. Post some before pics when you decide to get your procedure I would love to see your progress and results. I wish you the best.
Thanks for your reply!! I will for sure post some pics. Because we are out of the country til march, I will have to do my consult online and see what I can set up hopefully by March of next year. Your experience is very encouraging. I hope I do well with the pain also, when I had a c sec, I healed quickly and didn´t feel it was too bad. I hope this would be the same. But the burning of the lipo sounds scary!! Glad it wasn´t bad for you, Everything looks so good for you, bet you are glad its done!!
No problem. I'm very glad it's all over with it was worth it. You will do great when the time comes, surgery anxiety is normal and it's something many if the ladies on this site experience but I'm sure you'll do just fine. Thank you and please stay in touch.
Thanks so much! I will! What a great forum to learn from and get amazing support. Thanks again!!
Your very welcome!
Looks great :)
Thank you!
Would love to see pics of your progress and healing as well.
Hi how are things going, when in your surgery date? I have posted one pic so far and will post more this week.
Are you going to post after pic?? Love to see :)
Do you have any after pics?
I will soon
K great! I live in surrounding area and looking for a Columbus ps. My stomach kinda looks like urs. Debating between the mini and full. Are you happy so far with your results?
Hi, yes I'm happy so far with the results yet I'm still swollen so I can't see how good it's going to look. I had a very long vertical scar revision along with lipo flanks and I can tell a difference in my love handles already. I could have got a full but I didn't want to undergo such a massive surgery although it didn't repair my belly button I'm sure it will look great with my size. Good luck and continue to update your profile I would live to support you.
Sorry typo... Love to support you
You can tell a major difference already!! I am jealous haha! It looks great. I can only imagine once the swelling goes down how much better it will look! Do you mind me asking an estimated price of how much he charged or what financing they offer? So happy for you! I am the same way about the full...I have a 1 year old and can not be down for that long!
Glad you are ok, I am thinking about that and cant wait to see your results.
Can't wait to see your after photos :) so glad to hear it wasn't as bad as you thaught hope I can say the same
How are you feeling girly??? How long were you in surgery and did you have general ? Looking to see your pics .