Wonderful Experience W/ Rhinoplasty (Video Diary) - South Carolina

I chose to have Rhinoplasty because my original...

I chose to have Rhinoplasty because my original nose was too long and pointy for my face. I wanted a nose that complimented my features and one that upturned a bit to give me definition in the tip. I was nervous before getting into the operating room, but this is normal. The only complaint I had was the room was too cold. I was surprised how painless it was once I woke up. Everyone wants to say it's the hardest surgery to go through with but I felt absoloutly no pain. I didn't like the fact I couldn't breath through my nose but I got used to breathing through my mouth.

The second day was uncomfortable only because that is when the brusing and swelling starts to show. My eye's were puffy and swollen and I didn't like the way it made my face look, but of course that all goes away in time (two weeks approx.) My splint did come off the third day and because there wasn't enough pressure on my nose during the time it was off the white part of my eyes turned red. My doctor actually changed the type of splint he used because of me. Getting the packing taking out was a relief. It doesn't really hurt to get the packing removed. I would describe it as an itching sensation. Getting the stitches out is what HURTS. It's like someone is plucking hairs out of your nose.

On day nine the majority of my bruising was gone but my eyes were red for two months following. This doesn't normally happen to anyone so don't worry. It happened to me because of there not being enough pressure on my nose after operation. They are perfect now. I am going on three months post op and my nose gets better looking everyday. I have to sleep sitting up for another three months, however, or it will swell up and that is a con about the surgery but it's not enough to make me not wanna do it.

The other con is how long it take to see the results because your nose really does swell a lot. Everyday you see improvement. It's amazing. I love the way my nose looks now and I can't imagine it getting any better but it's looking better everyday just like my doctor said. I highly reccomend this surgery to anyone who is thinking about it.

DO RESEARCH ON YOUR DOCTOR! THAT'S IMPORTANT!

Hi Ashley, I had a rhinoplasty and facelift on April 11 and STILL have black eyes! How long did your black eyes last?
Hi Ash,
Thank you for all your vids, they have been helpful.
I hope that all is well with your last year nose job.
I did a rhinoplasty 5 weeks ago, and I'm still not happy with my nose.
In fact, a hump has formed near the base of my nose.. Do you remember developing something like that?
I didn't develop anything like that but I have heard of things like that happening. You should be going back to your doctor for visits and if something is wrong then he will tell you. I am actually going back to get revision at the end of this year. I think the tip of my nose is too round :p
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

He is the best doctor I know in South Carolina. I did research on a lot of doctors and went to many consultations but this guy had something special. He's done my breasts, now my nose and is doing my ears this year as well. He sees something that we don't. In other words, he can picture exactly what needs to be done to improve an imperfection. Not to mention he is a nice guy!