I had my surgery today and things couldn't have...

I had my surgery today and things couldn't have gone smoother. I got a TT a lift and implants. I was scared to death about all the things I've read and seen. I didn't wake up in pain, I didnt feel like I did 1000 crunches, I just felt like I ate way too much turkey dinner. I hope that staying on top of my pain meds that I'll be okay,

4 days post op

I'm feeling really good. I feel the worst right when I wake up, very stiff. I'm staying on top if my meds and the only pain or discomfort I have is from sleeping upright. I would never do this if I didn't have someone to help me for atleast 7 days. I got my gauze and strips taken off.... No pain. I got to see myself and was surprised at how bad I did NOT look. I can already tell my boobs and tummy are going to be excellent. Much swelling though, I recommend milk of magnesia, forget those stool softeners. I was only constipated for three days and when I had to go there was no pain cramps or pushing involved. I will post after pictures in a week or so when I look a little better and less swollen.

It sounds like this is going awesomely for you so far! Hooray for being on the other side. And thanks for your tip about milk of magnesia. I've heard that from other ladies, too. Please keep your updates coming. :)

Swollen Vagina?!

So I did all my research, read tons of reviews, watched tons of recovery videos on youtube and no one mentioned the swollen vagina!! The outter and inner labia swells much worse than they do when you go into labor. The reason is because blood from the incision site travels downwards and stays put in your pubic area. It does go away but boy was I freaked out!

I'll put stats in update
So glad you had a great experience with Dr. Sexton! I hope to schedule a consultation with him within the next few months for a breast augmentation. What are your stats?

Booby pain

Today is the worst day for my boobs. I will add pics, keep in mind I'm only 5 days out, the implant and muscle haven't settled so it looks like I have droopy nipples which I don't, they just haven't dropped yet. I got a lift too. I'm 5'3 WAS 125 lbs a deflated 32c. I wemt with 375cc under the muscle. I gained 10 lbs immediately after surgery. Not from my boobs vit my bloated abdomin. My tummy feels great though! I'll post more pics next time I shower,

You look awesome!!!! Congrats on your surgery and the fantastic results! I'm really happy you've had such a smooth recovery!
You look really good.

Feeling better everyday

I feel like I can do anything but I know I can't. Simple things like putting a dish in an upper cabinet or switching clothes from the washer to the dryer are impossible for me. Everything has been itching, be trying so hard to keep from scratching. No massages yet since I had a lift, I'll find out what's up at my post op tomorrow. I can already tell the girls are dropping. All and all the experience wasn't too bad and despite the beat up state that I look, I still feel like a million bucks... Oh and no more saggy skin when I bend over YAY!!!

You lookN greAT!
You look great!

Two weeks post op

Tomorrow will be two weeks. I still have my drain in and am still losing dark red blood. I can get up and get around no problems. I was on demerol for a little under a week, and then I got prescribed norco (oxycodone + Tylenol) for under a week so all in all on pain meds for almost a week and a half. I no longer need even the ibuprofen. I'm unhappy with my belly button. It is round but then there is a crease coming down from it, I hope it goes away.

Yea Dr. Sexton knows how to make a nice rack lol
I love dem boobies! A lot of my friends went to Dr. Sexton his work is great I had a consult with him but I decided to go with Dr. Wasserman. You are coming along good you look fabulous and trust me what I'm saying you're not the only one that bruise bad, me and all my black friends bruise even worse trust that.

Breast shot with better lighting

Pre op deflated 32c. 375cc saline implants. Moderate profile, under muscle.

your results look amazing !

Starting to get the post op blues

So I've heard it's normal for women to have feelings of guilt, regret, or sadness after their procedures/surgery. I thought I was steering clear of that. Here I am at week 2 and I'm just so unhappy with my body. I know it's normal. I guess I was so distracted with the post op pain before I got my surgery that I didn't take the time to realize what to expect post op besides the pain. The size, the shape, the swelling, etc. I'm sad the way my belly looks. It is swollen more on one side than the other so it looks a little weird, it feels funny too. It's not anything to do with the surgery or surgeon, but the actual procedure itself. I'm still draining dark blood. My tummy is flat but due to swelling it sticks out a good couple inches further than it did pre op. My stretch marks and belly wrinkles are gone so that is good. I'm in love with my boobs, nothing but love there lol. I also wasn't aware of the exact recovery times of a tummy tuck. I didn't know that I would look someone deformed for up to 6 weeks, and that my tummy wouldn't return to normal until 6-12 months. I guess reality is sinking in and for now it has me kinda down, but I'm still glad I did it. Now it's just the waiting game.

You look fantastic right out of the gate. Your post surgery anxiety is normal. Some of it is chemical too. Those surgeries are a shock to your system. Add in the narcotics for pain relief and it can do a number on your head. Be kind to yourself these next few months. You are going to heal up beautifully. :-)
Congrats! You have amazing results! =)
I agree those nipples are perfection. Beautiful full lift.

Mostly just a pic update

I got my drain removed today, 2 weeks 2 days post op. My swelling has gone down a lot I feel. The tape and gauze is just where the drain was.

You look amazing . Well done x
LookN good!

3 weeks post op + "marble trick"

So I'm 3 weeks post op. I'm feeling much better. Up it my full load of house work. It does get hard picking things off ground all day I feel it in my abs. My stomach is still hard and swollen. I'm not swollen anymore at the end of the day than the beginning, these pics are taken at 3 pm so you can see the extent of my swelling. My breasts are tight always. The marble trick is taping a marble in your belly button for a more natural shape. I've seen many use the foam ear plugs and that's what I use. I put it in 2 days and out 1 day. When you first take it out your belly button is a perfect circle. After a little bit it shrinks and goes to a normal shape. I plan on doing this for a couple weeks. I have a tiny indent below my belly button, I doubt the surgeon will be able to fix, but I guess it's better than before. In my pics I'm not sucking in, I cannot do that. I also have a bruise upper belly. I am super tight around my ribs and sleep on my side. I think it is from the tension of sleeping + tummy tuck. My left breast is lower than my right but that's just how it goes when dropping occurs.

You look wonderful! Thanks for explaining the marble trick....I've seen other people refer to it, but never knew what they were talking about! :-)
You're looking fabulous!

5 weeks post op pics

Just a few pics. I had swelling in the side my drain was not, so my belly had kind of a wave thing going on. My swelling is starting to very slowly go down, the sides of my belly are starting to match up. I do have a spot on my left breats/nipple. It isn't bad scar formation, there was a big scab there and the doc ripped it off a couple of days ago. Getting anxious to start working out again!

Jeans fit!!!

I forgot to say that I am 2 days shy of 5 weeks and my jeans finalily fit!! Even with the binder on!! I was a good 2 inches off from closing them a week or so out.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Too embarrassed to wear this before

I bought this before my first child and haven't worn it since

6 weeks post op

I keep silicone tape in my incision at all times. I am done with using the ear plug in my belly button. I will start exercising next week, I'm scared of the swelling that will entail. I will post pictures of my first post exercise swelling.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

6 weeks post op exercise, NO SWELL HELL!!!

So I was so scared to start working out again. Everything I read said that I was going to swell up like a balloon and even possibly for several days. I have a davids waist trimmer I wear while I work out. It is neoprine against my skin and it makes my belly sweat more, hopefully that sweat is slimming for me. But I do not swell at all, not even a little bit. I don't wear my binder much anymore, it's kind of pointless my belly isn't going to get any smaller and it's uncomfortable, but I definitely wear it while working out or being active!

I already have a waist trimmer belt--glad to know it helps after surgery, too!
You look great!!

2 months post op

I'm experiencing new pain as I have torn some scar tissue, other than that all is fine. I'm using silicone tape around the clock. I have started to sunbathe but am doing my best to protect my incisions. I put in a few pounds while recovering, I was trying to get them off but think I may keep them as my hips, thighs, and butt are fuller, it evens me out with my large breasts. I don't like having to wear high cut bikinis but atleast I can wear them and bend over without constantly looking down to see how wrinkly my belly is.

How did you get the torn scar tissue? You look great by the way!
thanks for sharing your story! You look great! I go in 2.5 weeks.
You look amazing!

IN LOVE with my new body

I love my new body I am absolutely thrilled. I even enjoyed the post op recovery. First break from motherhood in 6 years... I miss the sleep lol!
2.5 months post op.

Oh the marble trick I was excited to learn....thanks!
when did the swollen vagina go away? Mine appeared day 3 and has not gone down except for the 1/2 hr I had the compression garment off to take a shower. It subsided dramatically.
Wow, fantastic!
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sexton is really great at what he does. I had very saggy breasts, he did extensive markings and they came out beautifully. My stomach and belly button look very good as well. He has been great with all of my post op concerns. As a plus, the facility he uses for surgeries is top notch too. The nurses are so nice, the anesthesiologist made sure I was very comfortable and made sure I didn't get sick. I was given a medication to relax me and "make me forget". I don't really remember waking up, riding home, getting into bed etc, which I like because the pain immediately following was what scared me the most.