Not What I Expected - Columbia, SC

At age 48+, I mentioned to my aesthetician that I...

At age 48+, I mentioned to my aesthetician that I was not happy about the recent appearance of lines above my top lip. She suggested Juvederm would fill those lines, so I scheduled an appointment with the office plastic surgeon. I made it clear I wanted subtle results so it would not be apparent that 'I had work done'. The next thing I knew, I had 6 injections of Juvederm in my top lip, 3 injections in each side.

It has been 12 days, & I'm very unhappy with my result as it is not subtle, & my lip protrudes beyond my bottom lip, making me look like I have a 'quack mouth'. Several coworkers & friends have asked me why my lip is swollen & I notice people looking at my mouth quite often. My lip still has painful lumps & is asymmetrical also.

I plan to have a reversal in 2 days & have wasted over $500 so far.

I returned to my doctor today and had 2 injections...

I returned to my doctor today and had 2 injections of Vitrase (hyaluronidase) to reverse a portion of the Juvederm injections from 2 weeks ago. I must say the doctor and office staff were very sensitive to my concerns. The injections were made where the philtral columns touch the lip as this was the site of the most protrusion. I will see if this gives me a more natural look, and if still not satisfied, I will return next week for more injections in other areas of my lip. The doctor told me it would take 4-5 days for the Vitrase to work completely. I could see an almost immediate result within a few hours. For those of you wondering about a possible refund, the answer is, No. But, I was not charged for the Vitrase injections. We will see how this week goes. Oh, and evidently hyaluronidase is a lamb product, so, if you're allergic to lamb, this is not for you.

I chose this provider after having several other procedures here after purchasing a Groupon. I feel the plastic surgeon could have taken more time & could have done a better job with placement of the filler.