Less of Me and More of Him - Columbia, SC

I'm 338lbs and have lost 30 lbs. I suffer with...

I'm 338lbs and have lost 30 lbs. I suffer with lympedema in both legs and have numbness after long and short periods of Standing and sitting. My Doctor has recommended the Gastric bypass. My problem is my Medicaid runs out March 15. I have Medicaid bc I lost a baby in Dec. Medicaid clients are you allowed to have Medicaid 90 after a misscarriage. Will Medicaid extend my Medicaid so I can have the surgery. Is there something my Lawyer can do. I'm currently waiting on a hearing from The disabiltiy board. Help any advice I'm lost.

Doctor recommended

Not for sure what state you are in but Indiana has healthy Indiana plan which is an extension of Medicaid look on the back of your Medicaid card and call that number ask the question in Indiana when you get the surgery you go automatically on temporary disability

Hi Tiffanie, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us.

First of all, congrats on losing 30lbs already, that's an achivement in itself! I'm honestly not sure about your medacaid question, has your lawyer been able to give you any advice?

No not yet. He's know nothing about Medicaid. I'm waiting on a hearing.

Please do keep us updated on your progress and how you're doing. I hope everything goes the way you need it to.

If you're unable to use medacaid, is there any other way you can have your surgery, such as financing, etc?