The Wait Is Over! - Columbia, SC

I've wanted to get 'the girls' fixed for years and...

I've wanted to get 'the girls' fixed for years and finally the husband and I decided to go for it. After nursing 4 kids i wasnt very happy with what I had left over! I chose my PS because I know people that had used him and they were all very happy with their results. We decided on 400 saline under the muscle with incision under the breast. The day of surgery we were there by 6am, and I was back in surgery by 645am. We were on the way home by 915am. Everything went smoothly and seemed so quick! I wasnt in that much pain friday (dec.7th was surgery day) just really sore with a lot of arm soreness.

After coming home and sleeping until 5pm i felt so much beter i even got up- got dressed and went to dinner with my husband before we picked up the kids. I made sure to set the alarm for the 800mg Motrin in the middle of the night, and yesterday i was more sore with muscle pain and tightness. It wasnt half as bad as i thought it was going to be. My PS told me that people tend to heal faster if they dont take the narcotics bc you get up and move around more and that promotes healing. I think hes right because i only took a Valium and Demarol friday when i got home and since then only the antibotics and motrin and i feel really good! I dont have trouble getting around, and even the kids havent noticied anything is wrong/different with me.

I really wanted this for ME because i did not like the way I looked topless at all, but now I feel so much better! I wore a 34B before surgery,but didnt fill that out well at all. In 3 months once the girls have dropped I should be a very full C to a small D according to the doctors guess. Either way -im THRILLED!

Thanks for sharing on RealSelf! What sort of implants did you go with?

Amazing that you were able to go to dinner that same night. Wow!

So happy for you RiverGal. Hope everything is comfy for you and looking forward to updates and pics soon. Congrats. Welcome to the other side!!!

Its been a crazy busy week, so i havent posted.....

Its been a crazy busy week, so i havent posted.. sorry! I returned to work on Tuesday last week after being out friday-monday for surgery. The thing that bothered me most was the arm soreness.. it felt like id been lifting weights for hours. im really amazed at the things you do that use the chest muscles that u never realized before. opening pill bottles, or fixing sippy cups, or helping kids get dressed, or getting out of bed in the mornings. wow. i really never did have any great deal of 'pain' it was mostly just arm soreness and the very strange feeling of numbness/tingling at the incision sight. Now that nerve endings are starting to reconnect,theres a strange burning sensation sometimes almost like the sting from a sunburn .. and then it goes away. All perfectly normal says the PA :)

Wow RiverGal they look great. I'm so happy for you. I'm loving my babies as well. I'm going to go get measured at VS today because I think my zip front VS sports bra maybe too small. I maybe smothering them. And I have four of them in the biggest size XL. I will venture out and grab some other sports bra cause it feels so good to release them. Glad all is well with you and keep us posted. Congrats again
thx. i noticed today that when i lay flat on my back, like on the floor .. my chest is very tight and they are firm. but when i elevate my head they soften up. and when i sit or stand and do the massage they are super soft. its very strange - and my ps said to massage lying down but i always have done it in the bed with my head on pillow so i never noticed that. how do you do it?
Surgery was 11 days ago and still doing great! took the 800mg around the clock first 7 days, now im just taking 2 advil twice a day. my left has dropped so im anxiously awaiting the right to catch up :) i know it can take up to 12 weeks so im working on patience!

So.. had a setback -- woke up yesterday morning at...

so.. had a setback -- woke up yesterday morning at 1am in severe pain on left breast. it was swollen to twice the size as the right,hard as a rock and tingling down my left arm and even into my back.
i called the ps who said it sounded like hematoma and to get to surgery center asap -- luckily he was already there doing surgeries so he was able to see me between cases and confirm it was indeed a hematoma. 2 options: wait it out and see if my body absorbed the blood - keep it wrapped for weeks and eventually the swelling may go down- or - i could go back into surgery , clean out the pocket and put the implant back in. i chose option 2 - bc i didnt want to go through the holidays in tons of pain,etc. nor would i be able to work and couldnt afford weeks off.
within the hour i was back in surgery and all went smoothly- i am wrapped in a ace bandage and cannot temove it, or shower, or do anything really -- till i go back mon.morning to see him.. yea.. xmas eve! it feels like im bruised to my neck but i cant see much bc bandage covers allmost my entire chest... and man is it itchy!!! i will be so glad to get unwrapped!
my PS was amazing with this and i am so happy it was taken care of as quickly as it was!

That had to be scary. Glad everything is ok and you are home recovering. I probably would have chose option 2 as well! Rest and relax while you can. Good luck

Tomorrow i go in to remove the bandages and see...

tomorrow i go in to remove the bandages and see what the girls look like now.. im nervous but so anxious to get this thing off-- it is soooo itchy!! ive never had a broken bone but now i know what the people with a cast feel like.. miserable with itchys that you cannot reach. still no real 'pain' except where my ribs feel bruised from this tight wrapping! maybe i cant feel the other pain yet because it is compressed,and the vicodin helps too :)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Friday was 5 weeks since my emergency surgery to...

Friday was 5 weeks since my emergency surgery to remove the hematoma and im pretty much all back to normal now! I dont have to go back for another checkup for 3 mths. The side that had the hematoma is still a little bigger and has dropped a little more than the right,but the PS said they may even out w/in a couple months. even if they dont,the size difference is minimal and im okay with it. im still patiently waiting on righty to drop and fluff.. the waiting game is no fun! if it would just catch up to the left,i'd be one happy girl! even so, i love them! im happy in a 36D but ive heard as they continue to drop/etc i may be a 36DD before its all said and done.. we will see!

Ur boobs are nice
Glad very thing went well and you are back to normal.
Wow how are things a month out now?
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

He was patient and took the time to answer any/all questions I had. He explained everything fully and made me feel very comfortable and confident in my choices.