Mid Tummy Tuck - Columbia, MO

I have four boys and alot of loose skin. I am...

I have four boys and alot of loose skin. I am 5'7" and 134lbs. so I don't need any lipo. I have always had the body type so that I have had to stay at a low weight because it is all carried in my low abdomen.

Had TT yesterday at 10 and it hurts. Still worth...

Had TT yesterday at 10 and it hurts. Still worth it though. Drains are a pain definately but can't complain because so far so good. Pretty foggy headed so not sure when I will post more pics.

One week out and doing okay. Wanted to give an...

One week out and doing okay. Wanted to give an honest review so I made sure I did it now and not two months out when I'm just loving my new tummy. Tummy looks really great but swollen and I still have 3 drains which are aggervating. I was expecting to wake up with one since I didn't have any lipo done so 3 was quite the surprise. It seems the only pain I have is from the drain incisions and where they poke me on the inside. Back hurts too but getting better now that I have been given the ok to try to straighten up as much as comfortable.
Recovery has been hard for me emotionally. I usually exercise daily and play with my kids, not being able to do either is really a downer. I also don't do well in the eating department when I have a lot of time on my hands. So the more time goes by laying around with these drains in the more whale like I am starting to feel. Doc says the less movement the better chance my skin has to adhere back to the muscle and less build up of fluid meaning the drains come out sooner. So here I lay.
Will update pics when drains or at least two come out. Really don't feel like it until then. Hopefully at my appt tomorrow.

Two drains down, one to go. Yea! No luck on a...

Two drains down, one to go. Yea! No luck on a shower until all drains out. Oh well, maybe friday will be the day. Try to post some pics tomorrow. Doc visit wore me out.

11 days post op. Feeling really good. Took first...

11 days post op. Feeling really good. Took first walk today and shower then slept like a baby for three hours. They are not kidding when they say things will wear you out fast.

Forgot to post that my last drain and all...

Forgot to post that my last drain and all dressings were removed day 10. Love how well it looks so far but a little concerned how tiny belly button is. Will it be bigger or smaller after things settle down.

Photo Update

Was hoping to post new pics today of afters of the...

Was hoping to post new pics today of afters of the dog ear removal BUT while everything went great and the doc was able to lower the ends of my scars about 1/2 inch the incision became infected. I was so excited b/c the lowering worked when the doc wasn't so sure it would and now I may be in big trouble. He started me on antibiotics but stressed that if the infection doesn't get better the incision will have to be opened and packed until infection is gone. Need prayers for healing!

Photo Update

I have noticed that others that had TTs about the...

I have noticed that others that had TTs about the same time as myself are still experiencing pain and swelling. I am not at all. I have noticed that none are posting that they are back to exercising so I wonder if that has anything to do with not feeling as good as I feel. I am back to doing almost all my previous workout routines except for a TRX class which involves so much ab assistance that I don't feel ready for that. I run, do step class, pump classes and yoga classes. Also, I did all these things before my TT. I just want to post my results as i'm feeling so anyone going into having this procedure my want to try to be as in as good of shape as possible because it may help you to recover much faster than someone who doesn't workout much.

I actually ended up using a loose pearl because...

I actually ended up using a loose pearl because the foam plug wouldn't stay in. Belly button did get a little larger but not a whole lot. PS don't say they can lower a scar but mine felt really bad about me not being able to wear a swimsuit like I wanted so he was willing to try and I think it is going well. It is a gradual process of course, I have had it done in office and he just cuts a triangle shape and pulls the skin down a little more.

After final scar lowering. Was a long process...

After final scar lowering. Was a long process that wasn't easy but was well worth it. Smiley scar finally gone!
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Seaberg is so personable and answers all questions himself. Never had a moment of doubt about his expertise.

wow the final result looks really good - makes me happy to see that revisions can be done well since I have a dog ear that will have to be fixed in a couple of months
how is the scarring? how soon after you had kids did you have the procedure? Thanks!
You look amazing now, good before, but now it is SO much better. You rock that beautiful tummy girlfriend!
Thanks.
Your results are amazing. I see a total difference with your additional surgeries to lower your scar. Have you lost a few pounds too? (not that you needed to!!) You look so slim, really great!
I have really happy with the lowering of the scar. I fluctuate on weight by about 4lbs thru the month so those must have been good days. :)
Hi. I live in Columbia too. I just had mine 12 days ago. I never heard of having a scar lowered....what's the process? Also, I'm feeling a little discouraged. Not too many people to talk to about it. Kind of having to keep it on the down low...yeah that sounded ridiculous. Anyway, I came across you on here when I stumbled upon the foam ear plug thing. Did you end up using it. You look amazing.
I actually ended up using a loose pearl because the foam plug wouldn't stay in. Wrapped it in paper tape so it wouldn't slide out. Belly button did get a little larger but not a whole lot. All the PSs on this site say they can't lower a scar but mine felt really bad about me not being able to wear a swimsuit like I wanted so he was willing to try and I think it is going well. It is a gradual process of course, I have had it done in office twice and he just cuts a triangle shape and pulls the skin down a little more. I posted a recent pic and you can tell the distance between my belly button and scar is expanding. My old tattoo is disappearing also. I also hid that I had it done at first but now I know several women who have had it done and they say it was the best thing they ever did for themselves. I felt like it was my right to have the elephant skin taken care of because I did worked so hard to take care of myself. So now I'm more open about having it done. I think there are a lot of women who would have it done. I think more women would have it done if they could just BE where we are now, meaning the recovery side. Hope this helps.
First I want to saygood luck in healing it will pass! I am still having alittle pinkness around my belky button. Surgeon says its just inflammatory. But the better it gets the smaller m belly button gets too. So I am so happy to have seen this ear foam post! I am also scared to use the marble. I am only 8 weeks post op. Let me know how it works and where you can buy them. I will try the pharmacies. Thanks for the great tip.
The ear foam plugs can get sweaty so I have also used bandage gauze and it stays dry or if I want a little morsture I use some vitamin E with it.
Hi Kristina your TT looks great.I too have a small belly button.It healed tight.I am 8monts out and it has not changed.I don't know if you can make it bigger,but I am tryin to get use to it.My husband likes it and that helps.I will post pix later this month when I reach 9 mnts out and you will see how mine looks now.
I just read on another web site that one patient's PS told her to use the foam ear plugs. You twist them just like if you were putting them in your ear, put it in the belly button and put a bandaid to hold it in. She said it worked great to make it a little bigger but she didn't say when as far as healing you could do it or if there was a point where it was too late to do anything about. Tummytuck.com tells how to do the marble trick that may work for someone who is definately healed but I am scared to try that not being healed yet.
Hope it is not too late I am gonna try the ear foam trick.I was too scared to do the marble,but I think I can do the ear foam trick.Keep your fingers crossed for me,will see what happens:0)
Looks like you are doing pretty well! I found once both drains were out I really turned the corner. Keep us posted!
It's amazing how much better I feel but it gives me a false sense of being healed and so I have been doing too much. It will catch up with you if you don't continue to get the rest you need.
thank you so much for the update ~ these post are really helping me menatlly prepare for this TT ~
Thanks again ;-)

M~
Hang in there! I am sure once drains are out it will be better.
i JUST LOVE THIS SITE ~ THANK YOU FOR SHARING ....
SO IM SO SCARED ~ I HAVE A TT SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 12TH.

AND I AM FREAKING OUT ~ DUE TO WHAT I THINK THE OAIN IS GOING TO BE..
I HAVE HAD 2 C-SECTIONS.. AND HATED THAT ENIRE PROCESS...SO PLEASE FILL ME IN ;)

THANKS
MICKENIZE
WASHINGTON DC GIRL!!
I was a week out yesterday and had a lot of pain and did a lot of ice packs which helped. Today I feel almost great so I guess you just have good days and bad. One thing I tried to remind myself is that this is the time to be doing all the lazy, lay around kind of things you always wish you had time to do. For example before my TT I would have killed to be able to take a nap whenever I wanted, now I can! Or read a book, with four boys there is never time for that and when I do have time it seems I'm always reading parenting books. So I guess I'm saying appreciate the down time. "Fill" the boredom instead of "feel" the boredom. Oh God, cheesy.
Good Luck.
i am freaking out~ i even called the PS today to push it back :(
not sure what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freaking out!

How are you feeling now? I just commented on your forum discussion and am really hoping that your headache has gone away.

Can I ask who's the doctor you are going to and is he or she located in Columbia? I myself would like to have this done but finding a doctor you can trust is what I'm afraid of.
Dr. Seaberg. I went to a couple for consultations and at one felt like I was at a car dealership. There was a lot of telling me all the other procedures they thought I could use and I was told the Doc would do a full tummy tuck by his nurse, he hadn't even met me yet. Felt really discouraged and almost just shucked the whole idea. With Seaberg it was a completely different experience! His first words to me were, "why does someone so young(which I'm not) want plastic surgery?" I instantly felt comfortable. When I left his office I was full on excitement! He also did my eye surgery and every time I have called with a question when you would normally get a nurse, he himself has gotten on the phone and talked to me. Sorry to ramble. I think when you meet with the right doctor and the feeling you have when you leave will tell you who you should go with.
Hi kristina!I am fairly new to this site, and was excited to read your story! I am the same height and weight as you and looking at your photos, i am super excited to get an idea of how I will look after my tt, which is on Dec.8th! I have 3 children and am so excited to get rid of the stretched skin and stretchmarks! Hope you are doing well!!:)