The Quest to End my Gap - Columbia, MO

The First Day (4/7/2014) The gap. The big,...

The First Day (4/7/2014)

The gap. The big, annoying, dreaded gap in my front teeth. I have looked at it, loathed it my entire life. Although I'm generally happy with the rest of my body (other than my belly flab) I've hated talking in front of people, singing, etc, all because I feel as if no one sees anything but my gap.
For my 26th birthday, I made the commitment to get invisalign done to hopefully fix years of embarrassment and shame. After many appointments to determine if I was a good candidate, I was approved. I just got my trays today and I want to keep a record of how it works for me. I really hope that this review will help people out in determining if they want to go the same route as I.
According to my evaluation at the orthodontist, I will have 16 trays, changed every 2 weeks. After 6 weeks I will get the "buttons" put on (little ceramic brackets on the tooth to hold the trays in.)
I think my biggest challenge will be snacking throughout the day and the temptation to take the trays out for relief. I'm excited to see where this procedure takes me. I can't wait to update my review with some good news!
Dr. Steven Taylor