Happy I Finally Went Ahead with Implants! - Columbia, MO

I have been reading a lot of experiences and...

I have been reading a lot of experiences and comments on here for a while and wanted to share my story. I have been very small chested all my life (34 A or AA)and always wanted to get implants. i am 5'9, 145 lbs. there was always the fear of the surgery, then what would others think and of course the cost that made me think it would never really happen. I literally thought about it off and on for 15 years never seeing it as a real option. A few months ago I received an implant flyer in the mail and jokingly talked about it with my husband. Then figured what would it hurt to have a consult. It's free and at least I'd know cost and better details if I ever decided to go for it. Well all it took was a consult with my Dr and trying on sizers to know I was done waiting:) I was shocked how much having sizers in changed my whole body image of myself. I was so impressed with my Dr, his credentials, and reviews that I knew he was the best choice for me and scheduled my breast aug for a month later! I am exactly one week post op and am so happy with the results! I was not knocked out but instead sedated and numbed locally. I was awake portions but didn't feel any pain. Pretty certain I talked nonsense half the time;) I believe that was a better option for me bc I seem to recover quicker without the shaking and nausea that I had with a prior medical surgery. I have the mentor smooth round high profile 375 gel implants and with my height I think they look very natural. My stitches are inside dissolvable ones with steristrips on outside. I had those taken off today and am amazed how good my incisions look. I was expecting something horrible but apparently the outer layer of skin heals pretty quick. Excited to see how I heal weekly but already have dropped substantially so am very happy with results. Sorry so long but wanted to share:)

One week post op pics

One week post op with old swim top. As you can tell its not snug as it should be at bottom bc I don't want to irritate incisions. That is why they look a little uneven. Also incision pics one week post op after having steristrips removed. I'm very happy with how well they are healing.

2 weeks post op (actually day 13)

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my breast aug. I'm still feeling pretty good with little pain. I do have some pains here and there but am told its just nerves healing. The worst time of day is when I wake up. I am so tight! I immediately take my bra off for a moment of freedom while I get ready for work. My PS told me last week that was fine and not to feel guilty about it. I seem to be different from most on here that up until 2 nights ago I still took a Valium at night. Decided not to last night bc I only had one left and didn't know if it helped. Today I felt tighter than normal all day. I had to take my ace wrap off at work midday bc it was driving me insane! Felt better but am wondering if its from stopping Valium or just a coincidence. Plan to ask PS at appt mid week. Adding new pics (pg rated:) with incision pics. I seem to be healing well but curious if everyone else's incisions were about like this at 2 weeks out. Thanks!

4 week (almost) update

Well I will be 4 weeks post op on Tuesday. I'm still amazed at how much better I feel each week. I don't take the naproxen anymore and only Tylenol occasionally. I'm also able to sleep on my side with the help of some pillows without pain which I've missed alot! I'm still very happy with my results. I don't notice much change from a week out I think bc I dropped early. If I had to say one thing I'm not thrilled about is difference in sizes. It's not much and has always been like that so nothing much to complain about. I excited to be healed completely. I've decided not to lift my toddler even though I was given the ok at 3 weeks. I'd just rather be extra cautious. Luckily she can get in and out of her carseat on her own bc we practiced before surgery:) I'm posting front pics with swim top and new incision photos. I think they are healing nicely.

Pics

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Very happy with Concannon and staff. Nurses were amazing and I felt completely comfortable around them all. Great experience so far!

You still doing good?
You look great!!
Thank you!
They look great..seeing your results makes me want to just cancel my appt with puckett..
Even if you still choose Concannon I'm sure you'll feel better knowing you talked with both. Did you say it was the 19th?
Yes I wish it was sooner...hes on vacation...oh well....excited just hate all the waiting.

Congratulations! You look wonderful! I enjoyed reading your story leading up to your surgery. I'm always curious as to what finally prompts someone to move forward with their cosmetic procedure. Sounds like the partial sedation was a smart choice for you based on your history. Was your PS and anesthesiologist okay with this? Would you recommend this to other women? Any pros and cons since you've done both? Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!

Thanks! I believe my PS routinely does the local numbing and sedation over being completely out bc the recovery time is much easier this way on the patient. It was strange to be semi awake but I've talked to others who did it this way and slept. I guess I was just too strong willed to give in and sleep the whole time:) I would recommend this option to anyone if their PS is comfortable with it based on their history. I had no headaches and shaking like I had with being completely out so it was much easier in my opinion. Only con I can think of is wondering what I talked about bc I know I talked and have no idea what all I said;)

Chances are, your PS is accustomed to his patients nonsensical chitter chatter during surgery, so don't worry about it too much. Most likely you were talking about breasts!

Great results, glad you are happy! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! It's great to hear opinions from others.
You look great. I am glad that things worked out for you.
Thank you!
            they look natural
Thanks! That's what I was hoping for.
They look great!!
Thanks! It's still hard to believe they are mine. They aren't huge but exactly what I was hoping for:) Good luck with your next consult. I've seen good reviews on Puckett too.