What Happens When Zerona Doesn't Work?

I had six treatments and no results. I was given...

I had six treatments and no results. I was given three more days. After seven total, still no results.

After being told I was a perfect candidate to shed inches on my thighs, I shelled out $2300. I exercise six days a week alternating weights with aerobics and one day of an hour of stretching. I wear a BodyBugg to calculate calories burned and record calories eaten so that I can keep my weight around 125 for my 5'2" frame. I'm almost 54yrs old.

I followed the protocol of a specific cleansing diet, drank 2.2 liters of water daily, took the required vitamins, massaged the legs 10 minutes each, two times day. I also wore anti-embolism stockings and started elevating my legs every night. There was no pre-treatment regimen given a week before.

The chiropractor giving the treatments doesn't have an explanation. I did this based on the positive reports I'd heard on The Doctors and other TV and Internet reports. I wish I'd seen this post first. I'd really like to know what went wrong.

Why does it appear that the Zerona laser works well for some and not at all for others?

I cannot recommend this procedure.

Man, I am furious! This is the worst I have ever been ripped off in my life! 9 treatments, $3000 later and no perceivable inches lost! No one sees a difference in me! Their whole method of measuring you is a complete con. By measuring in several different places, and pulling the tape tighter on the final measurement/session and then adding up all the figures they make it look as if I lost 5 inches and yet my weight is the same and the circumference around my waist is also the same as before I started treatment! Nuts! Surely there has to be a class action lawsuit against this company? I went to premier Fitness in Milton, Onatrio in Canada for my treatment and just had my last session last week. They were indignant and rude to me when I informed them that I don’t believe that their treatment worked. What should I do? I cannot afford a lawyer
I am not a lawyer, I as a legal assistant for 10 years, so here's what I think. The Zerona providers are not causing physical harm, so I highly doubt any class-action lawsuit will ever get off the ground. They are causing financial harm, but that's not the same thing.

Doing Zerona was a choice we made, so we are culpable for our losses, like buying a bad stock. This is a cash cow for doctors and others who have low ethical standards. You can't prove damages, you can't prove they knowingly made false claims - in fact they probably had you sign something indicating there were "no guaranteed results" - and in the end you go away unhappy and they never have to see or deal with you again.
I agree, there should be a class action law suit against them!!! I spent $1500, and nothing happened for me. And, they dif pull the tape measurerer tighter, just as it happened to you. Do you have an attorney general, like we have for each state here in the US? There must be a government agency that you can contact. Hope we both get some of our money back!!! Good luck!
In general you are somewhat correct.
The Zerona is so simple and safe that it doesn't really matter most of what you said.
Having said that, the most important thing with the Zerona is simply experience using it.
Another factor is amount of treatments used, there is a huge difference (HUGE) between 6 sessions and 12 sessions.

About doing Zerona after liposuction, that is somewhat true, the company even says not to do that, but that's not really true. Because Zerona works on fat cells and lipo removes fat cells then it would make sense that the Zerona wouldn't work on the same place that had liposuction. However, the Zerona affects fat cells in most of the body so while it wouldn't be very effective in the area where you had liposuction, it would be very effective anywhere else.

Going back to your debate on doctor or not doctor (plastic surgeon) What you're actually looking for is a person who is experienced in a procedure rather than someone who has a title.
A "plastic surgeon" is not just a title, but a guarantee that the doctor has undertaken intensive training in the medical area at issue - in this case, cosmetic medicine and surgery. They spent a significant amount of time training on all the details about what makes these procedures work. A chiropractor (still shaking my head at that one) or a family practitioner who simply decides to start offering cosmetic procedures may get a brief training session from the company that manufactures the product - maybe even a week of training - but that is it. They don't have specialized training in how the body reacts to cosmetic drugs or procedures. But if you want to risk your face or your physical appearance by going to a provider who is not a plastic surgeon, that's fine, and you might get lucky, but more than likely you get what you pay for and you will not get quality medical treatment for your cosmetic procedure.
If you guys want to go to a chiropractor for body sculpting, and to family practitioners for Juvederm, and to the cheapest provider for Botox, those are all your options, and you should be smart enough to realize you are taking a risk. If I were going to have anything done with sculpting my body or other cosmetic procedures, I am going to go to the place where the person is trained in that area and where they have a lot of experience, which is going to be a plastic surgeon. Why do you think Zerona is not available in plastic surgeon's offices as a general rule? If it is a new product that works, they would be first to jump on the bandwagon. I do go to a plastic surgeon for Botox and have had facial fillers done by both a former family practitioner and now by the plastic surgeon - and guess what? I have a scar on my face from the family practitioner because he is not properly trained or experienced in the area of cosmetic medical treatments. I learned my lesson the hard way (luckily it is barely noticeable, but not the point), and will never again do anything that is medically cosmetic through anyone other than a credentialed, experienced plastic surgeon. If you don't go to a person who is actually trained and credentialed in the field of cosmetic medical treatments (i.e., a plastic surgeon), you assume the risk that that person is not going to be nearly as skilled as a plastic surgeon would.

It is my understanding that it takes more than just "turning the Zerona on" - that you have to know how to properly target the machine, and you have to be able to properly evaluate the candidates. If you have previously had any form of liposuction, it is my understanding Zerona won't work on those areas. If you have scar tissue, it supposedly won't work on that spot. And so on. But regardless, it's a lot of money, and not getting very good reviews, so I stand by my original comment - if you want proper body sculpting, go to a credentialed plastic surgeon with a good reputation.
P.S. - the scar caused by the family practitioner was from injecting Juvederm too close to the surface of my skin. Not a good thing on the face, is it? Lesson LEARNED by this lady!!
There seem to be a lot of people with "blood profile issues" or "nutritional issues" or "metabolic issues" or "Syndrome X" if Zerona has been unsuccessful for so many. Maybe the reason is much more simple - Zerona doesn't work!
VERY TRUE!!!!!
While that is a reasonable and logical statement, the issue is that everyones metabolic state is different, and there are some things that some patients need to do while others don't. For example, the patient that states they work out 7 days a week, and don't lose a pound! Well, their body type is preventing weight loss. The increased stress of working out increases cortisol production, increase cortisol production increases an insulin response and weight is kept on.
If there are metabolic or "blood profile issues" that may prevent someone from getting their money's worth out of this treatment, then those issues should be addressed BEFORE anybody swipes your credit card or takes your money!
Hi: There certainly may be a metabolic or nutritional issue that was causing you not to benefit from zerona. I would suggest you have someone take a look at not only your blood work, but to look at your daily diet as well.
Where were these posts when I needed them last January??? I find everything trikkegirl has written to be very useful and her situation to be almost identical to myself. The dialog between her and jjddc1 under "Zerona Does Not Work" was insightful. In my situation, I must have been the first person the two different providers had ever seen that did not get any results. They both guaranteed a 3" loss, so there was no talk of what to do if nothing happened. When I got to the end of the first 6 sessions, I was given 3 more free by each one (18 total). However, I wish I had been better informed that there might be reasons for it not to work and I could have accepted the loss of time and money and ended it after the first 6 sessions, but they both figured if I came 3 more times that I would eventually get results. In the meantime, wondering if the first place was doing it correctly, I researched other places and eagerly signed up with another spa who also promised that their protocol and special massage sessions would definitely work. Had I better information that there might be medical reasons for it not to, I would have saved another $2500 and hours of time and mileage. I lost three weeks, $5000 and put 1200 miles on the car. I could have just as easily driven to Connecticut where jjdc1 offered to work with unusual patients like myself. The offices I went to had no idea that it didn't work for some. My agenda then became trying to find out "why" because they had no answers. I couldn't find anyone including the Erchonia people to give me a legitimate answer. The TV show in Denver that recommended both places I went to would not respond to my emails or phone calls either. I just wanted all those believers to realize that it didn't always work and they should address that. Hopefully, this will change what offices promise in the future and that they explain why it might not work for some so that the patient can do some kind of testing to know if they are a good candidate or not. Then the patient can make an educated decision as one can when having back surgery as jjddc1 mentions. I was told I was a perfect candidate and would most likely lose at least 3". Since that time, others have surfaced asking what is wrong and I think the answers are starting to come to light. After the failure to get results, I made appointments with an endocrinologist, nutritionist, hormone therapy NP and several other providers. I even emailed any provider I could find on the Internet that might help and none of them had any thoughts whatsoever on the matter or else gave lame answers that didn't apply to me at all. I have been sending the two providers any information I can find that might be helpful to them in the future. I think the practice of guaranteeing results will have to change and information be given that explains why a perfect candidate might not be the perfect candidate after all. Thanks to this message board, I have learned a lot!
Protocols were followed above and beyond what was requested. Either Zerona DOES NOT WORK or there is some reason it doesn't work on some people and I want to know why. No one to date has come up with a legitimate answer and evidently no one at Zerona is smart enough to figure it out.
Read my other posts. The answers are in your metabolism and health history. 50% of lower back operations are unsuccessful. Should we engage with complaining about that next? I think its time we all moved on.
Funny how you are quick to pull the trigger even before you looked at older posts. Me and others have already posted reasons for who it may not work on.
What difference does it make? They vary from office to office anyways. "Protocols" should not even be a factor if the laser will do what they say it will.
I HAD 18 SESSIONS TOTAL FROM TWO DIFFERENT PROVIDERS AND DIDN'T EVEN LOSE A FRACTION OF AN INCH. It cost me $5000, over 1200 miles on the car and 80.5 hours in travel and session time. I do not have any medical conditions such as those mentioned above. I have a BMI of 23 well within the normal range. I exercise and eat right, don't smoke or drink, the perfect example of a healthy person. In fact my resting metabolic rate has actually risen 300 calories/day since the last time I had it tested a few years ago. Since the failure of the laser last January, I have had two blood tests, a urine test, an appointment with an endocrinologist and a nutritionist and there has been no explanation of any problems with me. The endo thinks the Zerona is a phoney. I only wanted to lose fat in my thighs so that was the focus. IF the Zerona works, there is no reason I shouldn't have lost something. I'm inclined to agree with the endocrinologist until someone can tell me the reasons WHY it didn't work for me. So far, I have found nothing that applies to me.
With the 2 doctors you had the zerona from, what were your protocols given to you?
hi! Here I am, another person who totally believed all of the Zerona advertising and was told I was a perfect candidate. I didnt have to do a preregimen prior to starting since i already work out minimum 2hours a day, mix of intense cardio, weights and core pilate or yoga. I eat healthy, drink tons of water and am actually teased about how much I go to the bathroom from constantly drinking. My thyroid is in order and has been corrected for the past 2yrs or so. I couldnt take the suggested vitamins supplements due to ending up in ER once from a terrible allergic reaction to flushing niacin. I take CLA, L-carnitine, EFAs, ALA, cinnamon,tumeric, Vit b12shots weekly, multi vit, 500mg nonflushing niacin, essiac tea(for continual gentle cleansing)....i can go on but I think you prob have the idea that im committed to healthy lifestyle and understand it benefits...So, like others here i wanted to focus on some tough areas like my belly. Im 47yrs , almost 5' 6" and have weighed 150 pounds for nearly 7yrs now. I go up and down 5 pounds depending on the time of the month but am very consistant...After paying for 9treatments I have had no results. During the treatments I added in $70 cellulte cream, $40 detox foot pads(i was excited to make this work way beyond 3.5in Zerona grnts), a detox bodybath, i added several full body massages. I bought an expensive detox vitamin type regimen from our local health store. Nothing, nada, zilch..GRRRRRRRRRR...So, Zerona has approved 6more treatments in hopes that will help free of charge. The grnt is 3.5inches. I really want this to work but so far it doesnt look good. Today I but myself in more debt in hopes of success by adding 3 body wraps at a local salon. Oh my oh my...I have to say I think Zerona has put this out in such a convincing matter and we are being told absolutely it will work and we are great candidates. How come I feel they are leaving out something like, well, this is actually a scam and we are just using a placebo affect and isnt that worth it? I dont think so, not for those of us who are already in following a better than suggested regimen from Zerona and getting no results...im rambling...ill update after next 6..so far 9 and nada!!! God Bless
For what they charge, there should be measurable results WITHOUT a lengthy and complicated pre-treatment regimen!
Did they measure you after the 9 sessions? I had hundreds of clients and don't think i've seen someone who didn't see a good result without a very good reason. You don't have to believe me but from all the liposuction alternatives out there 90% of them don't work AT ALL a few work very little and I'm still shocked by the level of succuess I'm seeing with the Zerona. Even skinny people who 99% would say they don't need anything lost 5+ inches. We have 2 Zerona machines right now and we plan on getting 2 more in the near future, if that doesn't give you a vote of confidence then i don't know what will.
I have to agree with Elad. I have had very good success as well. In fact, we just measured a lady who did 12 sessions, and she lost 23 total combined inches. She is a new record for my office.
The supposed doctors are claiming that it works, but the women who have experienced it, most say that it doesn't work, including myself. So, who do you believe?!?
Although that is true in a lot of healthcare, sometimes there are other underlying health issues that could prevent any loss. As I wrote in other posts, we have very good success with zerona, but if patients have underlying conditions (we all can) that can effect the total outcomes.