26 Years Old, Full Tummy Tuck - Drainage Fluid Still Red After 18 Days

I lost 110 pounds through diet and exercise and...

I lost 110 pounds through diet and exercise and was left with a large "apron" of hanging skin and fat on my stomach. I went through with the tummy tuck because I thought I deserved to feel thin after putting so much work into my weight loss.

I haven't seen the full results yet, so I guess I can't say with certainty if it was worth it or not. To be honest, I have had a hard time and dealt with some depression and low energy/lack of motivation. I hope it will look great and be worth it in the end.

I am 26 years old, and I had a full tummy tuck 18 days ago. I had drains in for about two weeks and the drainage fluid never turned a straw color. It started out a very dark brown/red and is now a pretty light red, but still red. Today, I started leaking drainage fluid from my incision, not from the holes where the drains had been. I have been to two plastic surgeons and neither of them can explain why the fluid never lightened in color. Have any doctors ever seen this in a patient? What does it mean? My doctors also said that I do not have a seroma since the fluid is leaking and this is a good thing. Is there anything I can do to avoid a seroma? I am very afraid of getting one. Should I try to constantly get as much of the fluid out as I can manually? Please help!

My scar is very minimal. She is very attentive.

Thank you both for your replies. I did indeed have a hematoma. My surgeon put a drain in for another 6 days and there is no more fluid draining out of the incision anymore. I was also prescribed lymphatic drainage massages, which I believe helped greatly with this problem and with swelling as well.
Agree, All the signs of a HEMATOMA as it liquify it drains from the holes. Sonogram or MRI will give you the diagnosis. should be drained if completely liquid otherwise resurgery to clean the hematoma,may see a hint of the bleederto ligate, drain again and close. Hematoma can get infected very easy.
Return to see your surgeon ASAP. You do have a seroma/hematoma from your description. You need a drainage procedure or at least a sonogram to see if there is a fluid collection in the flaps above the muscle. Are you in Columbia? or in US? Do something now. Regards and good luck Dr Darryl J. Blinski, MIAMI