55 Yrs Old, 77 Lb Weight Loss, Fleur De Lis TT and Arm Lift - College Station, TX

I don't know if I would do these surgeries at the...

I don't know if I would do these surgeries at the same time again! I am 7 days PO and honestly having more pain and issues with arm lift than extensive anchor TT. My PS had me in ace bandages on both arms to my finger tips. The wrap job was pretty bad on the hands and I couldn't even hold a cup or anything in order to eat. I took off the bottom ace wraps about 18 hrs PO so I could eat/drink and did not put them back on so that on day 3 when I went for my first follow up my right arm became very swollen including my hands and fingers. My PS was upset with me for taking off the wrAps and bound me back up (at least this time with a way to use my hands) and ordered that I keep my right arm elevated and wrapped for 72 hours. I did this and the swelling has gone down. My. Ingest problem is with the ace bandages. It's hard to get them wrapped back up either not too loose or too right and as my arm swells through the day my incision feels like IRS on fire (even though I am using Vaseline thickly and 4x4 pads. I eventually can't take it and have to in wrap my arms for a while and let them "breathe". I was told I had to wear the bandages until my next appointment on the 15th which is 15 days PO and it's getting so difficult to keep them wrapped because it feels like the ace bandages Re eating my arms up! On my own I ordered a compression garment  made by marena and it should be here today or tomorrow. Hopefully that will help me get through until the 15th! I think I begin my Embrace scar therapy at that time. Later, perhaps tomorrow, I will show a close up do the incision which looks pretty bad. I guess that's normal at this stage of the game.

10 days Post Op

In compression shirt and shorts.

1 month post op

Scar therapy started on arms! I've lost 7 lbs since my procedures but it looks like 30 lbs! My belly is shrunken!!! I'm happy, happy, happy and finally I can say it was all worth it (it took 30 days!)
College Station Plastic Surgeon

I like Dr. Rude. He takes the time to explain the procedure and possible outcomes, including complications. I thought I was to have an extended TT, not the fleur de lis, but during the procedure Dr. Rude felt there was too much skin laxity above my belly button and that the results would be more satisfactory with the added vertical incision to excise skin. He also found and repaired a hernia that I did not know that I had.

How are you Beautiful? I haven't heard from you. I hope all is well :) Have a Happy Taco Tuesday!
Hi, what exactly is embrace scar therapy? Is it just the silicone sheeting you have on the scar?
And if you dont mind, how much is the therapy?
Things are much better. Thank you all for asking. I'm doing embrace scar therapy. I'll post new pictures at the end of the scar therapy..a couple of weeks from now. When I over work my arms I still get pain and swelling. I shopped yesterday all day and wow! By the end of the day I was my arms were in pain! I have tried to go a couple of days without my compression garment and man oh man, I'm 6 weeks out tomorrow and everyday activity causes me to swell still. I moved into a spanx but I'm not ready to go compression garment free yet!
How u feeling lady ? Hope things are starting to be more bearable?
what brand of scar pads are you using? I have the blair scar treatment and cut them to fit my incision but they arent sticking and its only been a few weeks where they are supposed to last 3 months.
Scars are looking **awesome** at the one month mark!
Hello there I am 55 years of age as well. I am having an arm lift on 11/18/2014. Thanks for posting I am having a breast reduction on 11/8/2014. There aren't as many postings on arm lifts which is why I I am posting my surgeries in each category. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I am 55 and I see so many doing surgeries in their 30's and 40's and I feel like I should have done this sooner. :0 I am in good health but it's nice to see others of like age. Thanks for your post!
oops BR is on 11/112014
WOW!! 7lbs? Your arms are healing nicely. :0) I am glad you are HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! 30 days is great,i'm still waiting til December to see major transformation on my arms. It's been 6 weeks and they have plateaued. No major difference in my eyes.
Glad to hear your tt is going so well. Is everything healing well with that? It sounds like arms take a long while but yours look really good! Thanks for sharing! Not many ppl have had your type of tt. So happy for you.
im so happy for you. you look AMAAAAZING! and believe it or not its going to get even better. dont worry to much about the arm pain. i still have pain along my incisions on my arms and its been a year as of May. i think it just takes a really long time for all those nerves to settle down.
Congrats on your weight loss and I'm so happy for you. Thank you for showing your arm progress! It looks like you are healing well. ((Hugs))
How did your post-op go on the 15th? Are you able to take ace bandages off for good? Maybe you can use polysporin on arms and use maxi pads with tape,that's all i used,not even a compression garment. I know doctor's are different,but those bandages can cause more harm than good if it is cutting off the circulation. just a thought. Wish you well.
He said I didn't have to wear the ace bandages and that eve thing looks fine. I still have a lot of burning nerve pain. I'm hAving more abdominal pain now, spasms? And my belly button looks awful. It's very red and tender. I'm going hours day, day after tomorrow for stitches out and hopefully to start scar therapy. I'll be 24 days post op and wow, I thought I'd be much farther along in my healing. I hope I don't have an infection but my belly button looks bizarre. It's triangular and has a big bulge of skin. Also I have bulges at the top of my vertical incision of my fleur de lis. It's been like that and I thought it would get better but in fact is WORSE! I'll post pics his weekend. I'll see what PS says Thursday.
wow that sounds painful. I am glad you see ps Thurs. What you are describing does not sound normal. I pray it isn't an infection. Do you think you have nerve damage? I think it could just be numbness. I will check out your pics on the weekend. Hang in there. I hope everything works out for the better. ;)
Hi finallyflatin 2014-- You sound like you've made a LOT of progress...but each surgery is different and it is impossible to predict. That stinks about abdominal spasms...perhaps he'll give you flexeril, which my doc did from day one for 10 days. I haven't had any spasms. Your arms really are a big deal and I am hoping you are now wearing elastic sleeves that compress without having to wrap and re-wrap the Ace bandages. Occupational therapists do lymphatic massages (PTs do, too.) Perhaps your PS will recommend that? The swelling is the killer. Hope this helps a wee bit. Carry on, each day is a little bit better. xox
I am having this done in August - thanks for your info! I don't have much time to take off work. Do you work? If so, how long did you take off --?? Any advice?
I thought I could go back in 2 weeks, dumb me I never did ask the PS what he recommended. After my 2 week post appointment I still had too much swelling and needing to keep my arms elevated. My PS released me after 4 weeks to go back 1/2 days for a week then full-time. I am very happy I was able to take that time off...
No, I'm retired but I could not hVe gone back at 2 weeks I can tell you. Maybe half days at 3 weeks. I still have pain, swelling, abdominal spasms, burning pain in arms. This is much harder than I expected!
I'm not back at work as a PT after 3 weeks and wouldn't consider it. So TIRED. I don't want to do anything that could negatively affect the results, it's such a HUGE surgery. And my BB is not healed so that is somewhat of a worry...we shall see. xo
How's the pain today? I hope you are doing better. I can't imagine going through both procedures at the same time. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
It's getting better and the incision looks better. Icing them seems to help.
Thank you so much for asking!
Your arms look wonderful!!! I hope you are feeling less pain and discomfort, very soon all that will be a distant memory.