$500 per ounce--not worth it - College Park, MD

I had the smart (laser) lipo on my abs. It has...

I had the smart (laser) lipo on my abs. It has been about 6 weeks and I followed the post surgery directions to the letter. My abs are somewhat lumpy. I called and was told that is fat nodules and they will eventually (in months or months and months) go away. And, the results show only the slightest improvement. Save the $3000 and go on an expensive diet, loosing even 10-15 pounds will provide much better results.

I have the same question as Sharon, were you attempting to lose weight? I went in to Dr. Studin’s office for smartlipo and he was honest in recommending I lose a few pounds before having the procedure done. I dropped about 10 pounds and have no lumps or evidence of lipo at all. I definitely recommend getting down to an ideal weight for optimal results. You can see some of his work (though not me!) on his site: www.webplastics.com

Hi Joann -- Thanks for sharing your experience with Smart Lipo. I'm curious though -- did your doctor tell you that you'd lose weight with Smart Lipo? Because any kind of liposuction is really for contouring (i.e. particular areas that are out of proportion with others) instead of weight loss, so they really shouldn't have told you that. :(

American Lipo Center

The promised results were greatly exaggerated.