Mid Life or Just Selfish? - Colchester, VT

As a young female from a family of well endowed...

As a young female from a family of well endowed females, I waited and waited, and waited. I had 5 babies and breastfed 5 babies, all without ever getting breasts. Then I quit smoking and put on some weight, still no boobies! Would breast implants be worth the possible complications? And at my age, did it really matter anymore?

I made my consultation appointment with an idea in my head of what I wanted for an outcome. Dr. and I discussed the differences, He felt that there isnt any physical difference between saline and silicone, but with silicone I'd have to have an MRI every 3 years. I was almost convinced, but after I went home and started reading some more I decided that I absolutely wanted silicone. Gave him pictures (all looked quite similar) and set the date for surgery.

Because I selected the silicone I had to have the incisions in the creases under my existing breasts. He put in 400 CC's because I didnt have more room for anything larger. It's been a week and I think that they look like an advertisement for the old playtex bras that were all pointy boobies! Still dont know what size they are, though I tend to think a "C"? I saw the Dr yesterday and he said that they will begin to drop in the next several weeks and will look more "natural". They have begun to soften and the only real pain is the incisions. He didnt say anything about massaging but I do it anyways just because it relieves some of the stiffness.

A little over 3 weeks

I think that the most telling thing for me was that for the first week or so I still felt flat chested and had to keep looking in the mirror to remind myself that they are indeed there! My left one is still tight (very strong left handed so Dr said that it may take some time for my muscles to relax. But they are also beginning to feel like a natural part of me. I have absolutely no regrets!
Vermont Plastic Surgeon

I really like him. I have a tattoo of my beloved Scotty Terrier "Maddie" on my left breast so that she would always be close to my heart (she died from cancer as a 2 yo puppy), going into surgery I said oh no, Maddie's going to get fat! When I saw him yesterday the first thing he said to me was that Maddie is still looking good! He's not only professional but also personable. And the staff are wonderful also.

Just wondering how you are? Hope you have dropped and fluffed and the girls are where you want them. Have a good day :)
I too have the Playtex boobs! Hopefully that will go away soon. Are you going to post more pics? When was that one taken?
Congratulations on your new boobies! You look great and it sounds like everything is going well for you so far! Trust me your boobies will change so much over the next few weeks, i'm 3 weeks post op and although mine are still high they have changed so much... I personally don't see a problem with being 'selfish' what's wrong with doing something for yourself at any age? Enjoy:)