Very Disappointed - Cobb, GA

They are very uncomfortable, annoying, distracting...

They are very uncomfortable, annoying, distracting and high maintenance to keep clean.
You can only drink water w/ them in, anything else will stain. You are not able to eat a thing w/ them in place, they really detract from your quality of life and your ability to snack.
Would never rec. this orthodontic tech. my mouth is miserable and so am I

I think the patent office needs to review...........

I think the patent office needs to review........ then revoke this one, and export it to China.
I'm sure the Chinese can improve this contraption AND make it cheaper. If I could get even a partial refund I'd abort the
treatment plan............the ends don't justify the needs.

groupon

use efferdent to clean them daily, i drank soda when i had mine in but did find that it would dry my mouth out. Once you get used to them it really becomes no big deal. I had to do 33 trays so believe me when i say you will get used to them and taking them off and on becomes easier. Hang in there!
I'm not sure how long you're wearing the braces, but hang in there. I totally agree that they are life altering, but they work. I should have been done with my all day wearing last January, but I'm still wearing the bottom plate - both while sleeping, of course. I totally hate the thought of having to wear these things for the rest of my life, however, I hated the thought of having crooked teeth more and I get lots of compliments on my teeth. Good luck!
I think that all of these restrictions should have been explained to you before you paid anything. I do agree that the aligners are annoying -- I am always aware that they are in my mouth, but don't have any actual pain.

Oh my gosh, it really sounds like you are miserable with your Invisalign. :( How far into treatment are you? Maybe you could talk to your dentist/orthodontist about switching to traditional braces? Maybe that would be a better fit for you, and there is little reason to keep on with a treatment if you really dislike it that much and there are other alternatives.

Hi Megan.. My orthodontist told me that even with traditional braces you have to wear a retainer at night for the rest of your life in order to keep the teeth from shifting. Is that correct? Both my daughters had braces when they were young and they only wore the retainers for a period of time. I have noticed that my oldest daughter's bottom teeth have shifted a bit. She's now 39.

Many, many years ago orthodontists would have a patient wear retainers for a period of time then considered the retention phase done. It was realized that teeth continued to move, so often times what is recommended is the full-time retainer wear, followed by a night time only period, then you can usually get by with wearing them once a week at night (some people have to do a couple nights a week, so can do just one night a month depending on how prone to shifting the person is). So, yes, in theory you do wear them for the rest of your life, or as long as you want to prevent your teeth from shifting, but its not like you are wearing them everyday for the rest of your life. Most people find it pretty doable for the return of keeping their teeth straight. :)