41 Year Old, 2 Kids, Finally Getting my Belly Fixed! - Cleveland, OH

I am 2 weeks away from getting my tummy tuck. I...

I am 2 weeks away from getting my tummy tuck. I am very excited but very nervous about the pain. I am 41, have 2 kids and am 5'7" and weigh 148. Why is it when I read other reviews, I feel so much bigger than others who weigh more than me? I guess I don't carry weight well. Can't wait to finally get rid of this belly. I have very low self esteem because of it. I know I shouldn't, because I have two kids, but I still feel awful about it.

I had my pre-op with my PS on Friday and he answered all of the questions I had. He puts drains on the side, not in the pubic area. He also will place a binder on me, but he doesn't want to use any compression garments. He also does not believe in using any supplements or vitamins or anything. I expressed my fear about the pain and asked if i could get something stronger than percocet for the first couple days after surgery and he said there was nothing stronger in pill form. Is he correct? He did say that he could give me double strength percocet so I hope that it is enough. I'm really nervous about the pain... He does not give the prescriptions until the day of surgery. He says I can get them filled right at the hospital.

41 Mom of Two--11 Days Until the Big Day!!

I just wanted to write a quick update. I ordered and received a toilet seat lift--hoping that helps. I had my last physical therapy session yesterday and another follow up with my orthopedic surgeon today and all is good with my recovery from fracturing my L1, sacrum and tailbone, then after getting out of my brace, my core was so weak that I really injured my hamstring on the right leg and have high hamstring tendinopathy--very painful and long injury. I got a platelet rich plasma injection there back in June and it is starting to help me feel somewhat normal. I'm going to call 2014 as the year for crazy pain. I ultimately decided to do this for myself because my muscles will be repaired so I can really strengthen my core. I can't wait until I can recover from this surgery and start running again! I haven't been able to run since december 18, 2013! That's they day I fractured my spine...

I am so excited--the nerves are turning to excitement because I will really be able to get back into shape with my belly fixed! I even went to Victoria's Secret and got a very pretty bra and panty set for post surgery...

Pre Admission tests were today!!

Well, today I went to the hospital for my pre admission tests. I also had to pay the hospital and anesthesia fees. So--I'm all paid up and ready to go. A week from right now I will be in surgery!

The testing was mainly just asking medical history questions, a short physical exam, I didn't even have to give blood! The nurse showed me a drain and how to empty and milk it. I also got a bunch of cleansing wipe things that I have to wipe myself down with before I go to bed next Sunday, then also have to do again when I wake up Monday. I am not allowed to shower Monday. I guess these wipes have some sort of chemical to deter infections...

On a separate note, I am anxious! Ben having anxiety dreams. Last night in my dream, my husband's secretary did my abdominoplasty in a restaurant bathroom and didn't finish and someone was coming so I grabbed these three flaps of skin she cut off and stuffed them in a shopping cart, LOL!!

Tomorrow is the big day!

Tomorrow is my surgery day. I have to report to the hospital at 8:00 AM and I'm pretty nervous. I am trying to get things in order around the house, make sure kids have their school supplies, make sure there is enough food in the house, make sure I have what I need... Lot's of making sure happening. My husband is pretty nervous--not sure if it's because of the surgery or because I will be laid up for a while and he will need to handle everything!! Seriously, he's great and I am so appreciative of him and how much he supports and loves me! My plans for the rest of the day are to take my 2 year old to the kiddie amusement park for some fun since I won't be able to hold her or take her to the playground for a while. Then, wedge salads for dinner, a fat free chocolate milk shake for my last bit of food, then shower. Before bed I will apply those wipes they gave me at the hospital to help fight infections on my skin. Then hopefully I can sleep!! See you all on the flat side! Sending lots of love and support to all the ladies here!

Low blood pressure

1 day post op. I just saw Dr. Leedy. My BP dropped overnight and is still low this morning at 88 over 53. I am getting ton of fluids. I can't have any more pain meds till my BP goes back up. The abs hurt, the lipo incisions hurt.

Hanging in there

Today is 2 days post op. I just got a call from Dr. Leedy. I'm so impressed by how caring and thorough he is. If my husband gets home early enough, the doc wants to see me b/c my left drain site is producing a lot of dark blood. He also said I could get a stronger pain med. I've been taking percoset every 6 hours- the 10/325 pills. They kick in about a half hour after I take them, but only give relief for about 2 hours.

My daughter helped me wash my hair in the kitchen sink so I feel a little cleaner! My hair gets so greasy if its not washed every day... Well, here's to hoping I make it to his office today!!

Drains Gone!

I went to see Dr. Leedy again this morning and got both of my drains out!! I was hoping, but not getting hopes up too much! Each drain only put out less than 20 in the last 24 hours. It didn't hurt and was over in 5 seconds for each drain. He says all looks good so I go back next Friday at 8 and he will take off steri-strips fro incision. He also removed scab from belly button. He wants me to wean down from drugs, so I am going to start that today and try and be fully off them by next Wednesday and just take tylenol and motrin. Still haven't had a BM yet, but I feel it's gonna happen today, LOL. I said that in the appointment and made my hubby, the nurse and doc laugh. Both my hubby and I really like Dr. Leedy. I'll try and take pics later. It doesn't feel real to me yet!

Some Pics post op 4 days

Here are screw pics with no drains. I'm 4 days post op and very swollen. Belly feels like a rock and that there is cement in it. How long does this feeling last??

My pregnant belly

Here's me from 2.5 years ago, pregnant with my last. I was 8 months along here with one baby!! Definitely split muscles after the last baby was born!!
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

You look amazing! I hope you have continued to heal well! I'm 40, 2 kids with an 80 lbs weight loss! My date is 11.4! Excited and so nervous too! I'm inspired reading everyone's stories! ;-). Take care!
Indie!! Your flat little tummy looks so good! Love the pegger belly too!
Thanks lady!! It still doesn't feel like me... I guess I was so used to my jiggly belly. My 2 year old would poke me in my belly and say, "boing, boing, boing..........." LOL!!
Yeah, I have an adorable little man that does the same, not so much anymore. He used to grab my upper belly roll with both hands and shake it up and down. I lost that so he can't do it anymore. He still tries to rub my belly when we snuggle. He says he likes it because it is so soft and snuggly.
You tummy is totally gone. You look amazing. I am glad that Dr. Leedy is taking excellent care of you. He did the same for me.Doesnt he make a beautiful belly button ? WORK OF ART.... I am glad you are better.Are you alternating Motrin with your percocet . It can help alot better for pain relief. Wish you healing fellow Cleveland girl.
Hi there! Thanks, yes Dr. leery did an amazing job with the bb. I am cutting back on percocet and taking more motrin. Today was a painful and tight day--prob because I was cutting back. My incision has 2 spots where it burns if I lean, my belly above incision is so hard and tight but I hear that is normal so I can't complain! I guess that we will be swollen and tight for a couple few months anyway... I'm getting stir crazy... LOL. Did you ever get compression garment from him since we paid for one? Just curious! Goodnight :)
Hi Indiana Every day will get better. Hang in you are doing everything right. Yes I got my binder at two weeks. I think I overdid it today :( Too much up and down movement....
I had my surgery on Aug 19th and my belly feels the same way, so swollen and hard:( you look great!!
Looking great!! The rocky cement feeling will pass with time. Some of us have hard bumps and lumps as well, which can last for weeks or months. Mine disappeared so slowly, I simply noticed recently they were gone as my PS promised. Also, hope that the tight feeling lasts and lasts! Tight is good. I learned that from my facelift, as long as we feel tight, we know everything is tightly in place;-) Your healing and changes will go on for many weeks! With your drains out, it is normal for the swelling to become worse, remember the fluid must go somewhere. Please continue to take it very slow, and don't overdo it like I did (which resulted in a seroma in the 3rd week). Take care, keep posting, and happy healing!!
First let me say that you look fantastic! I love that your son took a pic of his hot Momma relaxing in the pool. Congrats on your journey!! I am trying to go slow, but with 4 kids and the youngest being 2, it is hard! Yes, I'm very tight and still hard, which I think are my abs. My belly button looks totally heeled already! My incision has two areas where I've bled a little, and the holes from where my drains were are still a little bloody but things look good. My husband thinks I look great! He said he hated to admit that my belly looks a ton better, because he didn't want to imply I looked bad before, but this morning he said my old belly looked like crumpled up tissue paper and that the kids really did a number on me!
I think you and I are lucky with BBs that are innies. Mine healed fast too, but I think that is because the incisions are more inside than out, so we can't see them. lol! Your hubby sounds wonderful, even if he "thought" that. Smart man to wait and say it now ;-) Your incisions will heal up just fine! After 2 weeks (just when I thought I was out of the woods, one of my incisions opened, and I freaked out thinking it would heal that way, but it didn't and that area looks as good or better than the rest :-) Go slow and take care!
Wohooooo, please post more pics. Happy healing hun!!!
Thanks!!
You look great and I'm praying you feel better!
Hi! I know there might have been a thread on this in the past, but I don't think it discussed both full AND so-called "mini" tummy tucks. Has anyone here had either? I might want one in about a year (I had my last baby in January 2005). I *think* I'm a good candidate: I'm healthy, in my 30's, and I'm on the low end of the ideal-weight spectrum (103, 5'2") so I'm slim all over. Except for my baby pooch. My waist is gone because of that pesky layer of loose skin and fat, like a spare tire around my middle. No matter what I do nor how I eat, I can't get that layer of excess skin to shrink.
Hi Kate, the best way to find answers to questions like these is to do a search up top. It will lead you to other threads from the past. Most of us are here due to having the same issues you described. This site helped me find local surgeons to consult with for free. Just find one and get a consultation. Go from there. Good luck!
Hello sweetheart, I am glad you are doing better. I know you will make it to the doc's office. You'll be fine, take care. God bless you!!!
Thanks Lady!! Yes, my hubby called and said he will be home at two to take me. He's been great! So have my RS friends! I don't feel alone in this journey at all! Thank you!
I hope your B/p stabilizes so you can get comfortable. You do look great.
Thanks! I'm going in today to see Dr. Leedy b/c one of my drain sites is bleeding darker blood. How are you feeling? Drains are out, right?
Feeling like I had the best day so far .8 days out. Sometimes I am really tred and feel shakey esp out in public.I got my drains out. standing straighter today too. I hope that is a thing of the past.Let meknow how your drain is doing. Rest at home !! Heal well.I
Glad you're feeling more like yourself! I saw dr. Leedy, he said the drain site looks good. I told him I had a low fever of 98.5 today (my normal is 97.6). Well now it's later and I'm at 101.4. I'm debating calling. Will prob stick it out till morning unless it gets higher. Also trying to cough to get any phlegm out per his orders but its super painful...
Awe poor Indiana . drink lots of water .I know coughing KIlls at first. Went to the store was hunched over with my abds were revolting.( tight spasms)I hope you have a good ist night Take Care. and don't worry about calling Dr Leedy .Thats what he is there for.
Your tummy looks perfect! Take care of yourself. ..your body has been through a lot but you'll be fine and in a few weeks feeling amazing I'm sure! Keep us posted.
Congrats sweety, I think your body is just trying to get used to this. You'll be fine. I am praying for you. You look so hot, bless you.