41 Year Old, 2 Kids, Finally Getting my Belly Fixed! - Cleveland, OH

I am 2 weeks away from getting my tummy tuck. I...

I am 2 weeks away from getting my tummy tuck. I am very excited but very nervous about the pain. I am 41, have 2 kids and am 5'7" and weigh 148. Why is it when I read other reviews, I feel so much bigger than others who weigh more than me? I guess I don't carry weight well. Can't wait to finally get rid of this belly. I have very low self esteem because of it. I know I shouldn't, because I have two kids, but I still feel awful about it.

I had my pre-op with my PS on Friday and he answered all of the questions I had. He puts drains on the side, not in the pubic area. He also will place a binder on me, but he doesn't want to use any compression garments. He also does not believe in using any supplements or vitamins or anything. I expressed my fear about the pain and asked if i could get something stronger than percocet for the first couple days after surgery and he said there was nothing stronger in pill form. Is he correct? He did say that he could give me double strength percocet so I hope that it is enough. I'm really nervous about the pain... He does not give the prescriptions until the day of surgery. He says I can get them filled right at the hospital.
You're not a wimp. My doctor did tell me he was impressed with how quickly I got up and about. I kind of handle surgery like a badass ;) I sure hope this isn't worse than I c section.
But he have me four drains... In the pubic area.
I'm three weeks PO with Dr Leedy! Love him!

41 Mom of Two--11 Days Until the Big Day!!

I just wanted to write a quick update. I ordered and received a toilet seat lift--hoping that helps. I had my last physical therapy session yesterday and another follow up with my orthopedic surgeon today and all is good with my recovery from fracturing my L1, sacrum and tailbone, then after getting out of my brace, my core was so weak that I really injured my hamstring on the right leg and have high hamstring tendinopathy--very painful and long injury. I got a platelet rich plasma injection there back in June and it is starting to help me feel somewhat normal. I'm going to call 2014 as the year for crazy pain. I ultimately decided to do this for myself because my muscles will be repaired so I can really strengthen my core. I can't wait until I can recover from this surgery and start running again! I haven't been able to run since december 18, 2013! That's they day I fractured my spine...

I am so excited--the nerves are turning to excitement because I will really be able to get back into shape with my belly fixed! I even went to Victoria's Secret and got a very pretty bra and panty set for post surgery...
Thinking and praying for you. I have Dr Leedy performing surgery Monday. You will look amazing. I wish you the best with your healing of your back . You WILL be running again. How did you fracture it ? Dr Leedy said I can use Motrin post-op to help with the pain.
Thanks Suzy7504!! I fell on ice in a parking lot--it was like a slip on a banana peel fall. I read your review and am so glad to read that Dr. Leedy has a great surgical reputation! I'm in the nervous phase and worried about blood clots and anesthesia. Does Dr. Leedy give compression socks to wear? I didn't ask... I can't believe you're surgery is 2 days away!! Are you getting everything performed in 1 surgery? You are gonna look awesome!!
Thank you.! I want to look awesome too :). It will be one surgery 5.5 hrs. He does his work at Marymount Hospital. Yes we will get the compression devise while in surgery . I am sure if you ask they will get you stockings too. OMG just did a countdown. I always get nervous. He will do great work on you. Say goodby to your tummy.

Pre Admission tests were today!!

Well, today I went to the hospital for my pre admission tests. I also had to pay the hospital and anesthesia fees. So--I'm all paid up and ready to go. A week from right now I will be in surgery!

The testing was mainly just asking medical history questions, a short physical exam, I didn't even have to give blood! The nurse showed me a drain and how to empty and milk it. I also got a bunch of cleansing wipe things that I have to wipe myself down with before I go to bed next Sunday, then also have to do again when I wake up Monday. I am not allowed to shower Monday. I guess these wipes have some sort of chemical to deter infections...

On a separate note, I am anxious! Ben having anxiety dreams. Last night in my dream, my husband's secretary did my abdominoplasty in a restaurant bathroom and didn't finish and someone was coming so I grabbed these three flaps of skin she cut off and stuffed them in a shopping cart, LOL!!
Dont you worry Dr Leedy will make your tummy soooo beautiful ! The hospital staff was amazing too. You are in good hands.
Thanks lady! You are super strong--I read your posts and you only took the strong pain meds for 2 days!! Wow, I, unfortunately am a wimp! I'm soo nervous about the pain! Having fractured my spine, sacrum and coccyx last December, I was in severe pain for months and was on vicodin 5/325 for 3 months 4 times a day!! Was glad to stop it, but it only touched the pain for me. I don't know how people can get addicted to pain pills though because they make me nauseous! You look awesome, by the way!! I got the call this morning and have to report to the hospital at 8 Monday morning... The nerves have really set in now! I just had day 1 of my garage sale and made $150 LOL! It's a good distraction and I'm getting rid of junk!! Thanks so much for you're reassurance--it really helps me! So glad I found this site!
You will be fine. Dr Leedy will numb your muscles really well. The pain is different. muscle tightness , soreness and mild burning. You can do it.. The bone pain is much worse. I hate opioids too. It does not really take the pain away, It makes me tired. Today I feel like an ol lady my boobs are swollen and I am hunched over and super tired.You got this ...I know how scared you are .Its the unknown that is the hardest.

Tomorrow is the big day!

Tomorrow is my surgery day. I have to report to the hospital at 8:00 AM and I'm pretty nervous. I am trying to get things in order around the house, make sure kids have their school supplies, make sure there is enough food in the house, make sure I have what I need... Lot's of making sure happening. My husband is pretty nervous--not sure if it's because of the surgery or because I will be laid up for a while and he will need to handle everything!! Seriously, he's great and I am so appreciative of him and how much he supports and loves me! My plans for the rest of the day are to take my 2 year old to the kiddie amusement park for some fun since I won't be able to hold her or take her to the playground for a while. Then, wedge salads for dinner, a fat free chocolate milk shake for my last bit of food, then shower. Before bed I will apply those wipes they gave me at the hospital to help fight infections on my skin. Then hopefully I can sleep!! See you all on the flat side! Sending lots of love and support to all the ladies here!
Hope you are doing very well. Take care You did it .Welcome that flat sexy belly. Dr Leedy makes a nice vertical line with belly button:)
Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow. You will do great!
Hey sweety, i wish you best of luck. My MM is not until January. Please don't forget to post pictures.

Low blood pressure

1 day post op. I just saw Dr. Leedy. My BP dropped overnight and is still low this morning at 88 over 53. I am getting ton of fluids. I can't have any more pain meds till my BP goes back up. The abs hurt, the lipo incisions hurt.
I hope your B/p stabilizes so you can get comfortable. You do look great.
Your tummy looks perfect! Take care of yourself. ..your body has been through a lot but you'll be fine and in a few weeks feeling amazing I'm sure! Keep us posted.
Congrats sweety, I think your body is just trying to get used to this. You'll be fine. I am praying for you. You look so hot, bless you.

Hanging in there

Today is 2 days post op. I just got a call from Dr. Leedy. I'm so impressed by how caring and thorough he is. If my husband gets home early enough, the doc wants to see me b/c my left drain site is producing a lot of dark blood. He also said I could get a stronger pain med. I've been taking percoset every 6 hours- the 10/325 pills. They kick in about a half hour after I take them, but only give relief for about 2 hours.

My daughter helped me wash my hair in the kitchen sink so I feel a little cleaner! My hair gets so greasy if its not washed every day... Well, here's to hoping I make it to his office today!!
You look great and I'm praying you feel better!
Hi! I know there might have been a thread on this in the past, but I don't think it discussed both full AND so-called "mini" tummy tucks. Has anyone here had either? I might want one in about a year (I had my last baby in January 2005). I *think* I'm a good candidate: I'm healthy, in my 30's, and I'm on the low end of the ideal-weight spectrum (103, 5'2") so I'm slim all over. Except for my baby pooch. My waist is gone because of that pesky layer of loose skin and fat, like a spare tire around my middle. No matter what I do nor how I eat, I can't get that layer of excess skin to shrink.
Hello sweetheart, I am glad you are doing better. I know you will make it to the doc's office. You'll be fine, take care. God bless you!!!

Drains Gone!

I went to see Dr. Leedy again this morning and got both of my drains out!! I was hoping, but not getting hopes up too much! Each drain only put out less than 20 in the last 24 hours. It didn't hurt and was over in 5 seconds for each drain. He says all looks good so I go back next Friday at 8 and he will take off steri-strips fro incision. He also removed scab from belly button. He wants me to wean down from drugs, so I am going to start that today and try and be fully off them by next Wednesday and just take tylenol and motrin. Still haven't had a BM yet, but I feel it's gonna happen today, LOL. I said that in the appointment and made my hubby, the nurse and doc laugh. Both my hubby and I really like Dr. Leedy. I'll try and take pics later. It doesn't feel real to me yet!
Wohooooo, please post more pics. Happy healing hun!!!

Some Pics post op 4 days

Here are screw pics with no drains. I'm 4 days post op and very swollen. Belly feels like a rock and that there is cement in it. How long does this feeling last??
Looking great!! The rocky cement feeling will pass with time. Some of us have hard bumps and lumps as well, which can last for weeks or months. Mine disappeared so slowly, I simply noticed recently they were gone as my PS promised. Also, hope that the tight feeling lasts and lasts! Tight is good. I learned that from my facelift, as long as we feel tight, we know everything is tightly in place;-) Your healing and changes will go on for many weeks! With your drains out, it is normal for the swelling to become worse, remember the fluid must go somewhere. Please continue to take it very slow, and don't overdo it like I did (which resulted in a seroma in the 3rd week). Take care, keep posting, and happy healing!!
First let me say that you look fantastic! I love that your son took a pic of his hot Momma relaxing in the pool. Congrats on your journey!! I am trying to go slow, but with 4 kids and the youngest being 2, it is hard! Yes, I'm very tight and still hard, which I think are my abs. My belly button looks totally heeled already! My incision has two areas where I've bled a little, and the holes from where my drains were are still a little bloody but things look good. My husband thinks I look great! He said he hated to admit that my belly looks a ton better, because he didn't want to imply I looked bad before, but this morning he said my old belly looked like crumpled up tissue paper and that the kids really did a number on me!
Thanks!!

My pregnant belly

Here's me from 2.5 years ago, pregnant with my last. I was 8 months along here with one baby!! Definitely split muscles after the last baby was born!!
I just read your post. I am 55 so I have not seen anyone's pregnant belly for a long time as my grandkids are all between 6-9 yrs old. My god, you were so big...but beautiful, for giving life and being able to carry another human being inside you is truly a miracle, and is also why we woman need tummy tucks! Congrats on your journey!
You look amazing! I hope you have continued to heal well! I'm 40, 2 kids with an 80 lbs weight loss! My date is 11.4! Excited and so nervous too! I'm inspired reading everyone's stories! ;-). Take care!
Indie!! Your flat little tummy looks so good! Love the pegger belly too!
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon