Does This Tummy Tuck Look Normal to You? - Cleveland, SC

After losing 170 pounds through diet and exercise,...

After losing 170 pounds through diet and exercise, I decided I was ready to have my extra skin taken off, in stages. My fleur De lis tummy tuck was the first thing I had done and now I am afraid to have any more because this looks awful. I have a huge bulge right below my sternum. I get that some swelling is normal but this looks like she didn't take enough skin off and like it is filled with fluid now. Not only that but it hangs over my new belly button. I only had it done 5 days ago, but does this look like I'm going to be happy with it once it's healed? Also, if I have to go in for revisions, do I pay for that? Thank you.

That weight loss is great!! I would give it more timeā€¦and I do not know about revisions. That is probably different for every doctor. If you are concerned, call your doctor and talk about it. I know anytime I had any concerns, I called and talked to someone at my doctor's office and I ALWAYS felt better. Nothing bad ever happened, but I would just get worried about swelling or what the scar looked like. Hang in there and keep us posted!
Congratulations on your weight loss!!! I had my tummy tuck January 31, 2014 in Atlanta I think you should also get a 2nd opinion,but All doctors procedures are different and if you have to go in for revision they may ask you to pay for the anesthesia.
I would seek a 2nd opinion to make sure you are making the right decision
It's still early, and you are swelling. Give yourself some time to heal up and wait for the swelling to go down. As far as revisions go, I think each Dr. has their own way of handling things, some don't charge, some do. Congratulations on your weight loss!! What an accomplishment that is!!!
Patients with huge weight loss typically have very poor skin quality - fragile, with no elasticity and poor circulation. They almost always need two or three or four surgeries to gradually get things the way they want them, as they are at very high risk for poor wound healing, necrosis, and other complications. She likely are a very wise choice by being conservative. Hang in there! You wouldn't want her to be more aggressive for this first one, stretch you tight, and then have your skin and tissues die. Many people end up with a wound vac and a large open wound for several months....
well I'm not sure. But I would be concerned if it was me. Hopefully it will go down. Did your surgeon have good reviews? Did you do your homework? Have you seen doctor? what did she say?