Unhappy with rhinoplasty

Its hard not to get emotional with the events that...

Its hard not to get emotional with the events that took place as they have had such a negative impact on me both mentally and physically.

My initial consultation with Dr. Richard Gentile lasted about 3 minutes.
I explained I wanted a Rhinoplasty procedure . He said he could take some of ear cartilage and make the nose better, and remove a small lump as I started to ask some more detailed questions in regards to shape, scars, size, ect I was cut off . Dr.Gentile told me that all this would be discussed in more detail once I had made the Initial Payment of $7800.00 which I paid the very next day. I was told to schedule my Pre Opp appointment and this is where things go wrong for me. I was told they would call me when they had an appointment and I simply got no call from them. I had a surgery date but no appointment to discuss anything about the surgery. I called again and again, until the surgery was the next day and the nurse Rose told me to settle down and that I should come in hour early to speak with Dr. Gentile . I spent the night at the Hotel to make sure i would be early as we live an hour away and what happened was he never showed. Hours went by and i was told that he was running really late and that they had to get me ready for the surgery and stick a needle in my arm and the next thing you know I am OUT COLD. I thought they were putting in the IV so they could knock me out right away when the doctor got their but that was not the case. I wake up the surgery is done. I am mad , I am angry , I am scared, and i cannot talk to Dr. Gentile because he is already in surgery.

I go to the Hotel to heal, and rest and than to visit Dr Gentile for my first appointment and I ask him how could you operate on me without knowing what I wanted, and he yelled , " I gave you a Mans Nose what else could you want" and he left the room while my feet dangled on the table. I was so angry I had to leave, when I came back to have my sutures removed he was still angry with me and removed my sutures so roughly that he tore my nasal flap open. I dont want to talk anymore about this as it hurts talking about it and I have to live with a nose I did not want and a doctor with whom i was afraid to go back to. For the last 4 months i have been alone, my only comfort has been the people on this site that have been supportive and shared their stories and encouraged me, for that I am grateful.

My result is to disturbing to talk about, as i just have to live with it.

What I wish i knew before was the number of lawsuits brought against him in the state of Ohio. Something everyone should check , and I did not , so as many people have pointed out to me , It was my fault.

Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon