Unhappy with rhinoplasty

Its hard not to get emotional with the events that...

Its hard not to get emotional with the events that took place as they have had such a negative impact on me both mentally and physically.

My initial consultation with Dr. Richard Gentile lasted about 3 minutes.
I explained I wanted a Rhinoplasty procedure . He said he could take some of ear cartilage and make the nose better, and remove a small lump as I started to ask some more detailed questions in regards to shape, scars, size, ect I was cut off . Dr.Gentile told me that all this would be discussed in more detail once I had made the Initial Payment of $7800.00 which I paid the very next day. I was told to schedule my Pre Opp appointment and this is where things go wrong for me. I was told they would call me when they had an appointment and I simply got no call from them. I had a surgery date but no appointment to discuss anything about the surgery. I called again and again, until the surgery was the next day and the nurse Rose told me to settle down and that I should come in hour early to speak with Dr. Gentile . I spent the night at the Hotel to make sure i would be early as we live an hour away and what happened was he never showed. Hours went by and i was told that he was running really late and that they had to get me ready for the surgery and stick a needle in my arm and the next thing you know I am OUT COLD. I thought they were putting in the IV so they could knock me out right away when the doctor got their but that was not the case. I wake up the surgery is done. I am mad , I am angry , I am scared, and i cannot talk to Dr. Gentile because he is already in surgery.

I go to the Hotel to heal, and rest and than to visit Dr Gentile for my first appointment and I ask him how could you operate on me without knowing what I wanted, and he yelled , " I gave you a Mans Nose what else could you want" and he left the room while my feet dangled on the table. I was so angry I had to leave, when I came back to have my sutures removed he was still angry with me and removed my sutures so roughly that he tore my nasal flap open. I dont want to talk anymore about this as it hurts talking about it and I have to live with a nose I did not want and a doctor with whom i was afraid to go back to. For the last 4 months i have been alone, my only comfort has been the people on this site that have been supportive and shared their stories and encouraged me, for that I am grateful.

My result is to disturbing to talk about, as i just have to live with it.

What I wish i knew before was the number of lawsuits brought against him in the state of Ohio. Something everyone should check , and I did not , so as many people have pointed out to me , It was my fault.

Editors note: I'm closing this thread to future comments. Disputes should to be taken up between the patient and doctor directly, not in the RealSelf community.

For honest testimonials visit facialplastics.org testimonials
Also please don't beast yourself up. I know it's hard I do it too.
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon