Dr. Bahman Guyuron - Cleveland, OH

In summation: Bahman Guyuron did my original...

In summation: Bahman Guyuron did my original procedure and my revision. The revision was necessary due to his original surgery being so awful. Seeing him was the biggest mistake of my life and I regret it every day. I will need a third surgery, and a lot more money, to fix his mistake.

My story:

I will write a brief review now, then come back later to add the details. Please know that I am using my mom's account, because she was researching doctors prior to my surgery, so our history is under this account.

I came to Bahman Guyuron because he was recommended to me by doctors in my area (I used to live in Birmingham, MI). When I first saw him, I really only needed by turbinates reduced, this was something that an ENT should have done. However, I also felt that I had a slightly bulbous tip and if I already having surgery, then I would have the tip work done too.

I flew all the way to Cleveland to see him because I wanted "the best". He told me what I needed was routine and he would help my breathing by at least 50%, and refine my nose to make it more feminine and match my features. He also told me that he wanted to put in a spreader graft, but he PROMISED me that my nose would not look any wider. He said it would be 1/10 of a millimeter wider, but it would be imperceptible to anyone.

Right after the first surgery, my nose looked wider and it only went downhill from there. My bulbous tip remained, and my breathing was never corrected. I emailed him every few months to help me and he told me to keep taping my nose (up to a year later!). I understood that nothing could be done until one year had passed, as the swelling needed to subside. I was fine with that and wanted to do what was best. One year later I traveled again to Cleveland and he agreed that my nose was not what it should be so he did the revision.

It has been four months since my revision, and every day I want to cry. My nose is a mess. It is twice as wide as it was before I even came to him. He never even requested a follow-up appointment after my last surgery. I have never heard of a surgeon not wanting to review his own work. I barely breathe through my nose and when I do my nostril collapses! There is a photo above.

I do not believe that I can have another surgery, even with a different doctor, because too many surgeries and I’ll look like Michael Jackson. I’m sick to my stomach every day with my decision to trust him. I should have looked at his credentials, such as where he went to school, and not just what kind of TV appearances he had made. Feel free to reach out to me with questions. I hope no one has to go through this awful experience.

As to his bedside manner: The first time I saw the doctor, he was nice and helpful, willing to answer questions. Since my surgeries, he barely spends two minutes (literally) and rolls his eyes if I ask anything at all.

On another note, his office staff is kind. But of course, none of that matters now.

Lastly, I have read reviews that seem almost fake. Like they were posted by a doctor. You should know I am a real person. I am a young woman living in Chicago. Hope this helps you.

Regret this surgery every day

Just an updated photo. My nose five months after two surgeries with Guyuron. It had a slightly bulbous tip before he did a rhinoplasty then revision. Now the entire thing is twice the size.
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Bahman Guyuron negatively impacted my life in a horrible way. He performed my original rhinoplasty and my revision. I am left with a nose that is 50% wider than my original nose, a collapsed nostril, and confidence that has been destroyed.