I'm Trying to Raise Money for Liposuction - Cleveland, OH

I've always had problems with my tummy. I'm 21 and...

I've always had problems with my tummy. I'm 21 and have never had any children yet I've always had the baby pooch. It's not even skin, it's literally just a random pocket of fat. I used to think that when men said that I had baby fat, it was because I was young.... recently I discovered a blog when men were literally discussing if I had been pregnant before and either gave up the child or lost it some how.... that makes me feel worse than I could ever articulate. I feel like I'm deformed and robbed of the "pregnancy body". Not only that, but obviously other people notice it. I've been much skinnier and still had this pronounced pocket of fat. I've never felt comfortable showing my belly. After about two years of endless working out and hardly eating I decided to just stop trying so hard because it's not going anywhere. I actually like the weight I am now and would be happy with a regular looking stomach. I like my other curves and want to be healthy but I feel like I can never be happy unless I rid myself of this nasty leech around my lower mid section. I'm hoping to be able to raise enough money to have the procedure in February. I've made a site for donations and am hoping that somehow that'll help with the financial burden. I'm not going to lie, I've had a really hard time with this. I'm literally crying as I type this. I just need to feel normal. I've had countless night of torment where I crying until I can't anymore and just fantasy about cutting it off myself. I know I sound completely crazy but the teasing I've received from men and women alike just kills me inside. I mean, it's like the size of my breast for Christ sake.

I'm not sure if lipo is the right procedure for that. Have you consulted with a plastic surgeon? I can't see it well from the photo, but it looks like maybe a tummy tuck would work better.
Forgive me for being blunt, but maybe your boyfriend's friends are jerks and he needs to man up and have a talk with them about their out of line comments. Lipo is a difficult procedure--your self-esteem can tank afterwards if the results aren't good and there's a long healing process. If you're feeling fragile beforehand, you may feel even more so afterwards--take it from me. Don't buy into the idea that lipo will fix your self-esteem. It won't. I was there at one point. If you do it, choose a board-certified (certified by ASPS, ASPS.org) That was my regret:(. Love before lipo. That's all I'm sayin.' You gotta love yourself before you lipo yourself. Sounds like bad song lyrics, but there it is. Wishing you much good luck and soul-healing!
Lipo is the most awesome procedure ever. I lost 27 kgs a year ago and I had a lipo last week. I feel the difference already and I continued my normal life 5 days after the surgery. And for the cost come have it in syria it costs 180 dollars and the doctors are amazing. I didnt feel any bad symptoms actually and I think it is the smartest decision I ever made! Good luck
Hi, can you post another picture the orientation of the photo is confusing. I can't tell if the bulge is off to the side or the front. It does appear boob-like in shape and size rather than a baby bulge. Is this correct? Is it directly under your breasts or lower? Above the belly button?
Hi, can you post a couple more pictures. Sorry to ask but the angle is a bit confusing.
I think you may be better off getting a tummy tuck.
Why do you think that is? I've considered it but it's just such a major surgery
Hi there, I'm sorry you're going through this! I know very well what's it's like to feel like everyone else is normal except for me. The picture is very specific, so it's hard to tell, but I'm wondering (and you probably already have): Have you asked your doctor if this is some kind of herniation, cyst or lipoma? I'm on the veterinary side of things and if I saw that discrete of a bulge on a dog, we would absolutely diagnose and treat it. Forgive me if you've already looked into this, and I'm telling you something you already know. I just wanted to throw the idea out there. I hope you're able to get this taken care of. I'm so sorry for your pain. But... so you know... almost all of us have "deformities" that make us feel subpar. Best of luck.
My doctor has told me it's just fatty tissue. I've looked into it because I've tried to get insurance to solve my problem. I'm glad you understand how I feel. I just want to feel normal.
Honestly, lipo is very intense, I didn't sign up for some areas and it just lowers your self-esteem more. You will be in pain for years and can have permanent numbness. Let me tell you, its a very sad feeling, I can't feel my bf touching me. Nothing absolutely feels good, when my jeans rub it feels so ugly that I don't leave home without a garment on. I have permanent discoloration. It doesn't seem to go away. So even though you feel fat you at least have beautiful soft skin that you can feel and massage. I on the other hand will now everyday of my life have to soak myself in oil because you get really dry skin. The pain is unbearable and quite honestly you shouldn't care about what others think about you. Believe me youre stronger than that, dont let anybody tell you that you are fat, if you care you will end up believing it! And you are not! You shouldn't let your body define who you are! Plain and simple, I'm also telling myself this constantly because I'm having such a hard time readjusting to this lipo. So there are questions you need to ask yourself...Are you willing to be in pain for years because of scar tissue? Are you willing to lose sensation? Discoloration of your skin? Are you ready to have a lifetime commitment? Bcoz you will gain weight in other areas that you did not use to, its sad how these surgeons don't tell you these things, you can't fool your body, your body needs fat and the fat will accommodate wherever it wants now. Please start believing you are beautiful, if you feel it everyone will start seeing it. Please check this website http://rpm-therapy.com/2011/liposuction-painful-scar-tissue/
I'm not trying to be rude, but if you only had lipo done a few months how can you say some of your symptoms are permanent? I have a friend who had lipo and had some numbness for a few months but has all her feeling back now. She looks fine and took a lot of precautions to try to prevent extensive scarring. Your doctor was pretty sketchy so maybe that's why your experience wasn't the best? I think I'm going to try body wraps before lipo and hopefully that'll help.
I can say its permanent because I've asked many ladies on here who got lipo years ago and they said they do not have sensation, I'm honestly praying for the best. But I have my doubts that anything will subside, I also have been taking preventative measures but scar tissue still forms regardless unfortunately that's the way of the body healing.
I can understand why you attribute bad symptoms to the doctor; however it's really the procedure itself and how it affects the body. If a random person is NOT affected, then she is lucky. Especially a few years out.
Maybe you should consult with a plastic surgeon who does reconstructive surgeries for people who had mastectomies, etc. rather than an aesthetic practitioner who does lipo. Lipo is a very damaging procedure and has far reaching consequences. You could end up with a pouch of empty skin (which is what happened to me). I understand you are anxious to take care of your physical issue; I just hope that you find the best way because otherwise you will be trying to raise funds for fixing the results of lipo. Just my opinion! And good luck!

I'm sorry to hear how self conscious you have been feeling about this? Do you mind me asking how you happened onto the blog you mentioned, and how you knew they were talking about you specifically? If its too painful to discuss, that is understandable though.

It's a gamer blog and my bf gets on it. I know it was me because they linked a picture of me. I was really embarrassed because a lot of my bf's friends are on that forum and now every time it see them I'm self conscious. It was a pic of my bf and me that they started commenting on and basically someone asked if I had children and he said no but there was a entire discuss where they said I must be lying to him because you don't get pooches like that unless you have children. My bf has known me since grade school so at least he didn't believe them but it was terrible for myself esteem. Now I assume everyone thinks that when they see me :(