Full TT and Implant Replacement with Lift - 10 Days Post Op - Cleveland, OH

I had my silicone implants for over 20 years....

I had my silicone implants for over 20 years. While I didn't have any outward problems, I knew it was probably time for their replacement and a breast lift, along with a full tummy tuck. Two big baby boys, over 9 lbs. each, both now teenagers btw, really took its toll on my waistline. Little did I know both implants were leaking! Fortunately, the leaking was encapsulated. I did replace them with saline implants this time. Boy did the photos of the removed silicone implants look awful!
If you're thinking about doing the whole shebang this is what I would recommend...
1. Do your research on your PS. If I didn't feel I was in the best hands possible, I would have been terrified the first few days post op. My PS was a true professional in every sense of the word! Only pain meds needed were Tylenol max strength 4 times a day for the first 3 days, and 3 tabs of Celebrex over the first 18 hours. She also had me take an antibiotic for 5 days post op for safety's sake. In addition, she had me on a number of vitamin supplements 2 weeks pre op followed by 2 weeks post op.
2. Find what what kind of anesthesia they will be using and if you might be nauseous afterwards. My PS used the kind MJ was addicted to, but of course much less, lol! I did not have ONE moment of nausea afterwards, despite 9 hours of anesthesia.
3. No alcohol two weeks pre op, and also for two weeks post op! Believe me, my sanity relied on my evening glass of wine, but giving it up for this time period I believe is helping move along my recovery.
4. Watch your sodium intake post op. My goodness, you'll know it when you've had some bacon! The tightness in your stomach will remind you to stay away from salty foods! Also, tons of liquids help for so many reasons, including BMs. Fortunately, I had no problems with that probably due to no high pain meds which can slow that down.
5. Be prepared for post op challenges. Ugh... It's been a mental and physical roller coaster these last 10 days. If I would have known how difficult it was to get up from a reclining position (and it still is, but getting better each day) I would have rented a hospital bed or a lazy boy chair. And maybe it's just me, but unless you have a full time nurse, no offer of help from family or friends really makes it much easier. I guess I'm a type A personality that loves control over things and I just had let some things go at least for the first 72 hours. As for my metal state, I rarely get depressed, but found I was easier frustrated and had a few bouts of private tears. That too, has mostly subsided, unless I'm really tired as the day wears on.
As for the results so far, from what I can see, everything looks great, and from what I've read, it will look better each day. I'm too private to share photos, at least not yet.
I hope my review will help others that are deciding if they want this procedure.
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your great tips! I'm sure giving up the wine was DIFFICULT, but I also bet it did help your recovery. We'd love to see your before and after photos. :)
Thank you. Only the PS took the before photos, of which i did not care to have a copy of! Perhaps I will post an after photo in the coming weeks.
Hi, great information planning on having my 21 year old saline implants replaced with silicone implants I will be having surgery August 29th getting a TT,BA and Lipo on my flanks. I would like to know your opinion about going with the Silicone implants? Thank you!
Personally it was a great choice for me. The saline feel no different that the silicone, and in terms of risk, obviously they are much safer. I did not have a clue that my silicone ones were leaking and if I had had saline implnted the first time, they would have deflated and it would have been discovered it much sooner. Good luck with your surgery. Let us know how it goes!
Thank you for your thoughts, I have seen my PS and going with the silicone size 425 which is bigger than I have now feel comfortable with my choice. I have not wrote down my story yet but will I think it helps others with making decisions and helps set them at ease.
You look great!
uh, thanks but unless you are peeking in my bedroom windows at my house, I think you might be looking at someone elses photos! I have not posted any pics yet, but maybe soon. But yes, I am happy with my results!