Extended Tummy Tuck, breast lift, bra line lift. - Cleveland, OH

I have been overweight my entire life. In May of...

I have been overweight my entire life. In May of 2013 I had the gastric sleeve surgery and have lost 120lbs. (All those scars on my belly are from my laparoscopic sleeve surgery, and then an emergency gallbladder removal six months after).

I like being plus size. My goal is to be a size 16. I am currently a size 20. However, I can get on a size 16 just fine when lifting all my extra belly flub outta the way. :/ This surgery is to improve my shape, and help me achieve the more curvy look that I am after.

So far, I have been beyond impressed with my surgeon. I'm the kind of person who does ALOT of research- and Dr. Leedy stood out in many ways. Very impressed thus far.

I am officially booked for July 10th, only seven weeks away. I CANNOT WAIT!

I have found in my research that many incisions/scars come out crooked and uneven. Yet some beautifully even. I'm a bit OCD, and I'll be quite bothered by an uneven incision. Something to discuss with Dr.Leedy at my Preop in June.

This site and others reviews have helped me so much. So I figured if share my story as well. :)

It's getting close!

About two weeks to go! I'm SO excited! My preop was yesterday and that's when it all started feeling real. Got to ask Dr.Leedy all my questions, he's really great! I did find out that my braline lift and tummy tuck incisions will go all the way around, which I didn't expect. I'll admit, that's not something I loved the idea of. But I want the best possible results, and totally trust my surgeon. I really can't wait!

I'm posting my before pics. I cringe doing this- it's so embarrassing. But many brave gals on this site have done it before me, and I learned a lot from their reviews. So I shall do the same in hopes it will help another full figured gal like me.

I am 5'8" and 268lbs.
I'm having an extended tummy tuck, a braline lift, a breast lift, and lipo where needed just for fine tuning.

This is it!

Well, Thursday morning is surgery! I will post pictures and update you all as soon as I can! Sooooo ready!

I made it!

My six hour surgery took nine hours! But all went great. I did have to stay for two days at the hospital due to my low blood pressure. I have to be honest, this is super painful. But I just got a glimpse of my results, and I am SO happy. I will post more pics later, as I feel up to it!

Day 3

So swollen. But feeling a bit better day by day. Lots of sleeping!

One week post op!

It seems impossible that it's been a week already! The first two days were SO intense. But every day gets better. I'm starting to walk around, with help. Getting outta bed without help is still a no go. Sometimes I can get out of a chair or off the toilet, sometimes there's no way.

From what I can see of my results thus far, I'm pretty happy. I'm so swollen (which has become quite painful) it's hard to really know what my final results will be. My current concerns are the still existing excess skin on the sides of my breast, and my pubic area appears to be uneven. Again, the severity of this is yet to be seen because of how intense the swelling is.

I saw my surgeon today! Got 4 of the six drains removed! Ohhhhhh, it feels so much better! He said everything looks great, and as it should. I will say, my incision looks great. Nice and thin. I'm just hung up on the pubic area being crooked and the remaining excess skin on my side breast. Ugh. But I LOVE my surgeon. My body was quite the challenge, he did an amazing job. Time will tell what may need done.

I will see him in a week,on 7/25. I should then get to have my last two drains removed. Yes!

Putting up some pics from today. Until next week gals!

2 weeks PO

Just went to my two weeks PO appointment today. I'm even more swollen than last week! Ugh. He said it all normal though and looks great. Closer to three months PO things will look more normal.

I'm not thrilled with my breast, I feel the look as though they still need a lift. I told him this today and he didn't seem to agree, but said he would adjust them when I get my implants in January. I also want more of the excess skin removed from my side breast area, and more lift/skin removed from the pubic area- another thing he said can be tweaked.

So the waiting and healing continues. But no doubt he worked miracles! I really love my surgeon. Looking forward to getting these revisions with my implants!

I'm up and moving really well. It's hardest after sitting for any length of time and then trying to get up, but I adjust relatively quickly. Overall, doing great. Back to work in a few days!

3 weeks PO

Well here are my three week post op pics. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but the swelling seems a bit better to me.

I'm still really disappointed in my breast. They look so saggy to me and I still have excess skin on the sides. My nipple shape is a bit off, and don't match each other. I'm still early in the healing, so we shall see how it progresses. I am still so large in the pubic area. I know half of it is swelling. But I think it needs lifted a bit more and perhaps some lipo. Only time will tell. By the three month mark I should know what I'm dealing with.

4 weeks

Not much new. Still swollen, but I think it's getting better. I'll post more in two weeks. Change is slow these days. :) but I'm loving this new body. I'm gonna love it more when I get these breast and side breast revisions.

Pic

Feeling down

I am seven and a half weeks post op now. I feel my swelling hasn't improved in quite some time now. I have been doing the elliptical for 20 minutes a day, 6 days a week since three weeks post op. But still... :((((( I actually have several concerns...

1) my surgeon had explained to me that my breast lift was going to be done with the lollipop incision. As you can see, it was not. And while the way he did it made far less scarring, it left me with saggy breast still.

2) my ariolas are different shapes now.

3) the excess skin on my side breast... This is the area that was the most painful to heal from. And the scar looks really bad... I can deal with that- but as you can see from the photos there is still excess tissue there. I think it's also contributing to my sagging breast, along with not enough lift being done.

3) I was told we would be doing lipo on my upper flank area (the rolls on my back right under my bra line lift incision) and no lipo was done at all. I really don't know why. It was even on my bill in the description of services. And as you can see, I need it.

4) my mons pubic area is terrifying, especially from the side. Now this area clearly has some intense swelling going on. But even after that goes away, I really feel the pubic area needs lifted more. I still have loose skin there that I can actually grab and lift/pull.

I will be seeing my surgeon again at my 9 weeks post op. And then once more at the three month post op mark for the final "after" pictures. I will also be having a consult the same day for my breast augmentation. I have ALOT of anxiety about talking to him about all of these issues. I don't in any way want to offend or upset him. I realize my body was a mess and a huge challenge. I'm very grateful for Dr. Leedy, and I wouldn't want any other doctor. He's awesome. But I'm hoping he's willing to work with me and do some revisions on these areas. I spent so much money already, I want to cry thinking I'll have to pay to have all of this fixed. Any suggestions for how to address these issues without coming off like a jerk? I'm really worried, and feeling very discouraged with my results.

Sweet, sweet relief!

So yesterday I got to see my surgeon at 9 weeks post op. It had been since my two week post op since I had seen him (I live 3.5 hours away). He said everything looks great and I'm on track. So that's good to hear.

Even better... I had all that anxiety about certain areas that didn't produce the results expected. Dr. Leedy actually pointed them all out before I did. He's going to lift my nipples a bit more, and remove more skin from my side breast/underarm area which actually is what's causing the majority of my remaining droopy breast. He also addressed my lower abdomen/mons pubic area. He agrees more needs to be removed. So that will be taken care of as well. When he explained why I still needed more removed, it made perfect since and I hadn't even thought of it until he said so. He said that he removes as much as he can but also has to leave enough so that we heal properly and don't have any complications. When he said that, I remembered the scads of tummy tuck horror photos I had seen on the Facebook tummy tuck page where people's incision had come open, gotten infected and taken much longer to heal and leaves bigger scars. Then I was relieved. And more than anything- GRATEFUL FOR MY SURGEON. Seriously, he's the best. He always takes so much time with me. And obviously he is very skilled.

So I will be having all these tweaks done in conjunction with my breast augmentation. I go back end of October to do my final post op and take 'after' photos. I'll also be doing my official consult for the breast augmentation and booking that surgery at that time. I don't plan to do it until spring.

I feel soooooo much better now! Lol

New pic

Just to show where I am at these days... The swelling seems to be mostly gone. I do still have some numbness, and certain little things (like sneezing) will remind me that I had surgery this summer. But overall, I feel great. I'm gonna be on cloud 9 after my breast aug and revisions! Can't wait. Then in time I plan to do my arms and thighs.

Pic

Picture posting issues...

Ugh!

this time?

I am having a horrific time getting this silly picture uploaded. Hopefully it works this time!
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

I started my research for the right surgeon by looking at TONS of pictures of surgeons work. I was willing to travel for the right match. After pinning down nine surgeons I was interested in, I emailed them all explaining my interests. You know how many I heard back from? Three. The first being an email from Dr. Leedy himself the very next morning. In his email he took time to address all I had asked, looked at my pictures and discussed those as well. I couldn't believe it. The other two I heard from were generic automated replies I recieved within the week. So, Dr. Leedy stood out from the get go. In fact, I think I was already won over. I went in for my consultation and the experience did not let me down. The staff was kind, waiting time was minimal, I had absolutely no rushed feeling ever. Dr. Leedy was very kind, took his time with me, and was very knowledgable. My experience with him thoughout my surgery and recovery was just the same. Not to mention, though I think it's obvious, he's extremely talented. I can't say enough about how much I recommend Dr.Leedy. He is truly wonderful, and I won't ever go anywhere else!