Living a Much Healthier ,Happier Life After Gastric Bypass Surgery.

It's been about 3 1/2 years since my Laparoscopic...

It's been about 3 1/2 years since my Laparoscopic Roux en y Gastric Bypass surgery. I lost my weight quickly and to date have lost a little over 100 lbs. I used to take quite a bit of medication and no longer do. I feel great and so far have had no problems. I only wish I would have had the surgery a lot earlier in my life. I am writing a web site about my own personal journey and the long road I took to getting to where I am today. Please take a look and post your before and after photos along with a little about your weight loss journey. By sharing the good and the bad we are able to help others along their path.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss, you look amazing. How have you found the last few years? Did you find it difficult to change your eating habits, post-op?
The last few years have been fine. I've found changing my eating habits came naturally with my new smaller pouch. I couldn't over eat or I would get sick as I did on a couple of occasions. Eating sweets produced the same affect. I found it best to just listen to my body. When I do that and am aware of the signals it is giving me i do fine.
Thanks for the extra information. It certainly is a life changing surgery. I had the sleeve, instead of the bypass, about 5 months ago and although it's not an easy journey, it has already been worth it, in my opinion.
Dr. Mathew Kroh

I had a wonderful, well qualified, extremely compassionate surgeon. He was the "best" from the first day I met him and ever since. The Cleveland Clinic is a great facility as well. I got excellent, professional care from everyone I had contact with there.