Tall & Curvaceous - Cleveland, OH

Hello RealSelf World, Guess I'll start this post...

Hello RealSelf World,

Guess I'll start this post off with a physical description. I am in my mid 20's, 6'0" & about 230 pounds.

Current measurements before surgery are: 44DD - 38 - 45 (Before & after photos will be avaliable on a later post.)

My consult was in April 2014, out of curiosity. [Yes, I Researched the surgeon before hand.] In May 2014 I decided to go through with everything. [Time frame] I called May 20, 2014 to schedule a physical and surgery date.

The physical was on May 28, 2014. During the physical we discussed each procedure (liposuction/body sculpting/fat grafting), signed consent forms, went over medical history and took before photos. My surgery date is June 9, 2014.

The Night Before Surgery

Today is June 8th, 2014, 10:20pm. I decided to write this post the night before, instead of rushing tomorrow morning. Also, ! 2 WEEKS ! after surgery I'll post the before & after photos.

I'm more excited than nervous. I've had surgery before, non-cosmetic; Therefore general anesthesia isn't worrisome. Word of advice: Always watch a video of whatever procedure you're having done. (A) You won't be as terrified while the doctor explains the procedure. (B) You'll lessen the shock, when you catch a glance at the surgical tools.

Medications prescribed by surgeon: Zofran ODT (For nausea), Duricef (Antibiotic) & Percocet (Pain Killer).

Supplies I Felt I Needed:
- Prenatals, V-Fusions & Boost Nutritional Drinks (For Vitamins)
- Started a healthy diet (Including plenty of water and Gatorade)
- A Satin robe (Breathable clothing to wear over garment)
- Stage 1 & Stage 2 Compression Garment
- Aloe Vera juice & gel (Help heal incisions & reduce scarring)
- Heated massager (For liposuctioned areas ONLY)

The next post will be in 14 days. See ya :)

14 Days Later...

[7 Days after surgery, I was charged an additional $500 by the surgery center; for overtime. ????]

I've reached the two week milestone. The first week was a living hell.

The hour before surgery, there were more questions and forms to be filled. As well as, getting dressed in a hair net & gown, marked for surgery and getting an IV started. Everything was calming, the staff were very professional, friendly and hilariously funny.

After surgery, the best way to describe the discomfort... it felt like a week worth of bootcamp soreness. I kept my garment on, as instructed till the first follow-up appointment. During the follow-up I got my first glance of my new body and I was mortified; looked deformed. (3000cc's was instered on both sides) I only got fat injected to the top part of my butt and filled my hip dimples on the side. So my butt isn't much bigger than orginal size, just round out/very natural. Hopefully after the swelling in my stomach goes away it'll look bigger.

Since the first follow-up I make sure to drink plenty of water, after showers I use a massager on liposuctioned areas, apply lotion and place the garment back on. My diet is still regular, enough calories to maintain my current weight. The only difference is I've been eating more organic & vitamin rich foods.

The next post will be in four weeks. See ya.

Minor Mishaps (Bonus Update)

With any surgery there are pros and cons. I'm beginning to see the contour.. BUT, I can see where they ran out of fat. For now, I'll wait it out to see how noticeable it'll be.

1. My left arm is finally not numb anymore. Plus, the bruise where the IV was placed is completey gone.

2. Swelling. My face swelled on day 3. My personal area was severly swollen, the entire first week. And, my knees are swollen on & off, from laying on stomach.

3. Since it's summer time I can't wear my garment. (I wash my garment ever other day.) Due to the heat I keep getting a sweat/heat rash on my back. Therefore, I stopped wearing the garment.

Other than those four things, everything else is fine.
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

please dear post pics of u pre op and later on post-op.. Im particularly interested in ur review as we are the same exact height and same build omg thats so hard to find (tall BBL candidates). Best of luck xo
Thanks Hun. I will post the offical before & after photos, when they are upload on the surgeons' website. And, I'll be posted photos periodical for the next year. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Also, best of luck to you on your BBL journey.
Bless your heart darling
Good luck on your upcoming surgery. The quote you got seems really good. Did he say how many cc he might be able to get...
Thanks! At the moment I'm not sure how many cc's there will be (Will have to ask after the procedure.) The fat will be grafted from my abdomen, flanks and back. I'll post a before picture, the morning before surgery.
From your height and weight, i think you could easily get a 31 inch waist after. Hopefully he is aggressive and will load you up lol. Or do you want a more natural look?
Lol we'll see. I'm kind of athletic built, my thighs are 28" & My Calves Are 16"; The full load will oddly enough look natural, it'll even my shape out.
Good luck! You are almost my height and weight! I wanted to get down to like 190 before surgery, (I'm 5'11, 215), but I can't wait to see your results to compare! Good luck!
Thanks! And, I'm sure you'll look great. I'll be sure to post pics, tips and how much (if any) pain.
Good luck!!! Almost there!! Can't wait to see your results!!!
Thanks! I appreciate it.