Silikon for thin lips?

The positive thing is that the results are...

The positive thing is that the results are permanent and the disadvantage is that I did not research it enough to feel confident that it is safe and because I had a guest coming for the holidays, I let the doctor talk me into it because I was anxious to look good. They said I might be happy with one injection but that many people have up to 5 or 6 so I am thinking about having one more treatment at least to my upper lip.

I have a follow-up visit this week so hope that someone can comment on their experience. He also does Artefill which is a permanent filler which I see is also controversial. Help!

On Dec 11, 2009, I had silikon injection in my...

On Dec 11, 2009, I had silikon injection in my lips which cost $750 and I see little, if any change. The doctor insisted this is NOT silicone and that this is safe; however, I see little discussion of silikon and wonder if it is truly different from silicone. I will share before and after pictures and the name of the doctor after I hear some comments and see what happens at the follow-up visit.

I just spent half an hour writing an update and...

I just spent half an hour writing an update and getting ready to post many pictures as I just learned how to crop them. I minimized the page to find these two links to share and lost the whole thing and now I don't have time to redo it again; in the meantime, you can look at pictures I've posted about the issue of the puff pads and loose neck and you can see my lips there but I'm not computer tech and so frustrated as it is a very long story of what I have done with Matrix, skin tightening (little change) and recently some great positive change with microcurrent tx. I have a lot of specific photos I will come back later when I have time to share about my lips but meanwhile maybe the pictures you will find at these questions listed below and all the helpful replies from the doctors will help. I really am not sure about the silicon 1000, my mouth does look fuller after three years but it is still crooked and most of all, and my MAJOR CONCERN TODAY is I look so sad and mad when I am not smiling and don't know what to do. Who can smile 24/7 and this is what I see in the mirror and it makes me feel sad as it doesn't reflect how I feel. There is a technique the esthetician saw on TV that makes a little cut with one stitch on each side but no one has addressed that but I guess I will have to publish more pictures of my lips to show exactly what I'm talking about. Hope this helps for the moment. M

•Lasting Results for MACS & PSP, is SMAS Included to Secure Muscle? (photo)
•Sad Face, Puffy Pads, Loose Neck Skin, Alternative to Botox & Fillers? (photo)

I think I would have this procedure again by an...

I think I would have this procedure again by an experienced doctor for the right price as bottom line, this was too much money for a result that was not noticable to me. I want to look into fat transfer but not sure that can be done since I have the silikon which BTW has never been a problem with hardness or migrating which I worred about afterwards.
Dr. Karl Swanson, Clearwater

History: 1996, When I was 48, my eye was drooping and developing a little loose neck skin so per recommendation of nurse and husband had a facelift in Costa Rica by Dr. Lev and it changed my life for the better as I also got liposuction as well; price was unbelievable and he was wonderful caring doctor and he did have to do some corrective the next year on my ears but I didn't mind as it was at no charge and I got to go on another trip to Costa Rica. I didn't do anything special in the following years in terms of cremes and facials but in 2009 saw an ad somewhere for a free consultation for something I don't remember and the charming Dr. Karl Swanson talked me into the silikon lip injections and IPL on my hands which was very expensive but I did it because someone was coming and I wanted to look extra special. He didn't explain the risk and afterwards I became terrified reading about it but after three years, I have had no problem with migration but I feel I just threw away that money and if I had researched him online, I would have been warned so do your homework. As you can see there was no difference and he led me to believe that although some people get more than one tx, I would be happy with one treatment on both hands and eyes and I was so disappointed and he and his staff were very rude in the follow up. Later, through a friend I found Dr. Coundouriotis who did IPL on my hands for $150, less than half of the original and didn't make a big deal about doing a brown spot on my neck and I still had to go for a third tx the next year probably from not wearing sunscreen. Dr. C is honest, has integrity and very thorough with all his follow-up at no charge and the staff are really nice and helpful.

Having silikon injected into the corners of the mouth can make the marionette lines even worst. And one thing I've learned the silikon injected into the lips, years from now will give your mouth the downturn look. Maybe a corner lip lift would be better even if it leaves a tiny scar.
Thx for keeping your review up to date over the years. Have you found a new procedure to try for your lips? I thought Silikon 1000 was permanent so I'm confused it didn't last for you but I hope you can find something that does last. Thank you!!
Chellamia is a friend of mine, whom I first met in 2011...and I can tell you, she looked fabulous...so much that I got up the courage to inquire about her 'look' (I'm pretty astute in knowing whether someone has had cosmetic help.) I later consulted with Dr. Lev in Costa Rica...& wish I had used him. I honestly don't understand why people spend so much $$$ in the States when there are world class cosmetic surgeons in CR. I live here part time now, and intend to use doctors here in the future.
I had no idea artefill is permanent, I was under the impression it was a longer lasting temporary fix.
I tried Silicon 1000 and for the eye hollows and wasted $650 with Dr Kass. Ther was NO change at all. The Restilane ($500) he put under my eyes made them look worst. Now I have ugly expensive bumps under my eyes. Can anyone recommend a responsible Doctor?
Hi Chellamia, I was wondering how everything is going? Did you go back for more silikon treatments? I'm also considering this procedure and would love to hear more about your experience. I'm considering it for my nose and lips. Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hi Kenya, I am sorry it took me so long to get pictures that would show anything significant. Wish I could edit my comments at bit but I did add some pictures and update my experience when you hold on the pictures. I would recommend it but with a reputable doctor who has been using this technique a long time; preferably a specialist in the face; IMO I am still considering a lower facelift and some artfill for the paragraphs around the mouth....good luck
I am a big fan of Silikon 1000 injections for lip augmentation. If you are disappointed, you may not have had enough injected the 1st time. Certainly, you could have injections with a different filler such as Juvederm which might have given you more volume, perhaps for less money. But the results would have only lasted 6-12 months, compared with Silikon 1000 where the results are PERMANENT. It often require a few injections with Silikon 1000 to achieve he results you want. Another alternative is the Perma Facial Implant, the results of which are also permanent. I have had a number of happy patients after this procedure too.
Hi Dr. Kass, I was very new to all this when I posted here. I just saw your comments today and a friend and I have made an appointment to see you in February. See the new pictures I finally shared and the comments . I'm e-mailing others that show the neck and eyes better as I really need your help!
Dear Chellamia, Thank you for coming in with your friend and making appointments. I look forward to seeing you both. I remember feeling badly for you a few years ago because I understand how frustrating it can be to pay your hard earned money and not see the results that you wanted. As I mentioned back then, I use Silikon 1000 very frequently for lip enhancement but it has to be explained to the patient that multiple treatments may be necessary. That way, the patient understands the total expenditure and can decide for themselves whether it is right for them. I do promise you that I will spend time with you and with your friend and will go over your options with you. I try hard to give patients the results they are seeking within a budget that they can afford. I look forward to seeing you next month. Best wishes until then.
I would like to share the before and after pictures but don't see any way to do so. I don't see any difference in my lips after two months.

Hi chellamia,

You can share photos in your review. Log into your account and then click the "Edit" button. There's a photo upload box towards the bottom of the form. Click "Submit" when you're done.

(Note: it takes up to 24 hours for updates to show up on the site)

Hope this helps!
--Sharon

Sharon, is there anyway I can condense these updates as it seems too long and way too repetitive. I am sorry took so long to upload pictures but I have lot of computer problems and it is complicated to explain but this is too long to get to the point.