Breast Reconstruction After Double Mastectomy - Clearwater, FL

I was diagnosed with breast cancer for the 2nd...

I was diagnosed with breast cancer for the 2nd time by age 45. The first time I received a lumpectomy and radiation. The 2nd time was a bit more difficult. I had to have a double mastectomy with a dorsi flap, breast reconstruction, and chemotherapy. The mastectomy surgery went well and I started reconstruction. After I received my permanent implants, I was discouraged and disappointed. My breasts were quite different sizes and very uneven (I felt like I had an orange and a tangerine attached to me). My prior surgeon explained that "this is the best that can be done with my situation". I am 45 and still have a lot of years ahead and did not want to accept that answer. I checked in with my cancer surgeon and he recommended Dr. Egozi for breast reconstruction. His office is very pleasant and his staff are all friendly, compassionate, and very professional. They all made me feel very comfortable. Dr. Egozi gave me hope. He listened to my concerns. He offered suggestions. He said that he could help me with fixing the breast size differences and symmetry. The surgery went very well and the results were wonderful. 4 months after the reconstruction surgery, I went back into surgery for the creation of "nipples". Prior to surgery, Dr. Egozi fully explained the procedure and provided me with a visual of the expected outcome. It is amazing! The nipples look even better than the nipples I had prior to cancer (ha ha). He did a fantastic job!. I am waiting to completely heal and will go back in for a tattoo that goes around the nipple. I will finally be done with the reconstruction process very soon. I am very pleased with the results and feel very comfortable with my appearance. I would highly recommend Dr. Egozi for breast reconstruction surgery. He is the best!
Tampa Plastic Surgeon

See story above Wonderful Dr and staff -

You deserve the best looking nipples around! I'm so happy you're pleased with your results. I can't imagine how hard it must be to fight cancer twice. Hoping it's gone for good this time. Good for you for not settling with the different breast sizes and asymmetry. Keep us posted on your healing progress and the tattoos. Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. I know many women will appreciate you sharing and become inspired by you!

Really happy things worked out, radiation really does a lot of damage..