Vi Peel - African American Skin - Clarksville, MD

I am 40+ and i have suffered with acne since i was...

I am 40+ and i have suffered with acne since i was a teenager. I don't have a lot of break outs now but i do get an occasional bump which often leaves a scar. Therefore i have years of acne scaring. I have used many products over the years and I felt that I have done all i could do and it was time for some professional help. So after a lot of research I decided on the VI Peel. After reading the many reviews i was a little afraid but out of all the other peels i read about this one seem to be the safest. I decided to get the VI Peel on March 31, 2012. It was just as described. I felt a little burning during the day of the peel. But after that i was okay. I started to peel on the 3 and 4 day with no problems. My skin was sensitive for the next 3 days but after that everything went back to normal. My skin did look a little brighter. I am now using a retin A and a bleaching cream. I am thinking about doing another one but i want to see if the retin A and the bleaching cream have any results. I know one application is not going to undo years of damage but so far i am pleased with the outcome. I have gotton some compliments on how even tone my skin looks and its only been 2 weeks.

Do NOT do it! I now have permanent scars. Massive black scars on my face as a result from the VI Peel! It has been exactly 13 months since my treatment and I am so depressed! I have to wear medical makeup to cover the scars! It's terrible! I recommend every woman of color to run from this procedure! It isn't worth it! It will cause you extreme emotional and physical scars!
I did the special the dr huila is very nice and personable. I went back for 4 more and will go back for another but I don't want the same day extrations its causing more scare .but the cycstic acne definatley went away from her treatments
How is it now? I am African American as well and I have been debating doing this peel? How are you doing now? Did you have any scarring? do you find your pores have reduced?
Hulya's Holistic Medi-Spa

Hulya was very down to earth and what i believe to be honest. she has been doing skin care for 16 years and is very passionate about. I talked to her about all the reveiws i read and she was very understanding. She did not mind the hundreds of questions i asked. She was cell phone reachable if i needed to talk to her.