TATTX Laser Tattoo Removal (For Fading/coverup) - Toronto, ON

I wanted to upload and write about my laser tattoo...

I wanted to upload and write about my laser tattoo removal experience I just went through today (literally typing with the bandage on). Thought it would be a good share for those that are considering it and are hesitant.

All I'm going to write about for now is the actual process of it as I just got it done and don't know what the results will be like after the first treatment.

I got the R-20 treatment where they can do 2 to 3 to 4 treatments in 1 sitting as opposed to just 1. I did 2 in one sitting. My tattoo is shown in the pictures I uploaded. Simple one word script that I felt wasn't who I am anymore compared to when I first got it. I wanted to do a coverup and the tattoo artist suggest I get it faded before I get my plum blossoms to cover it up as the words were hard to work with. Being a student/person on a budget I couldn't afford $150+ per one laser treatment so I went on Groupon. I got a deal with a place here in downtown Toronto for 3 treatments at $130. I went ahead and bought it and went into the place.

They informed me:
-Laser tattoo removal doesn't work immediately it takes time and the usual space between sessions is 6-8 weeks
-My simple black script would take probably 3-4 treatments to do a good fade (with more if I wanted to remove it)

I booked it for Tuesday, July 8th and that was that.

Day of 1st session:
She told me to lie down and made me hold an ice-pack against my tattoo for about 10 minutes until I had become numb. She didn't use numbing creme. She then proceeded to give me a quick run down of what would happen. Nothing out of the ordinary, just told me the pain would be equivalent to getting splattered with oil while cooking and off we went.

**The pain was worse that oil splatter let me tell you that. I'd equate it to being slowly cut open with a knife. Thank god my tattoo was 4 square inches in total so it was pretty quick but I'm not going to sugar coat it for anybody. It is painful and more so than getting the tattoo originally.**

After the first round of the R-20 the tattoo was covered in a white substance as it was trying to absorb the ink and 'attack' it. She then put an ice pack on it for another 10 minutes until the white had almost faded. She then ran through the same thing again with the laser outlining my tattoo. I will say the 2nd time around it was a breeze, my arm was so numb from the ice and having already endured the first round it felt virtually painless. Immediately after the 2nd time she put some creme on it and then bandaged it up with gauze.

She mentioned for aftercare:
-It might blister and scab
-Do not pick the scab it will leave scars
-Do not rub it against anything as the skin is trying to repair itself and that may cause lumps underneath the skin (not pretty)
-Informed me I needed to buy antibiotic cream afterwards to put on, after leaving the gauze on for 24 hours
-Do not take a shower for the first day or touch water

I booked my 2nd session for 6 weeks from now and I will do updates in between as well as a followup. I hope this helped anybody that needed more reassurance or information. I've also included a picture of the settings she used on me with the Tattx machine (q-switch) as well as a video :) (trying to figure out how to upload it!)

1st day after treatment

Right after the treatment it was super sore by the end of the night however the pain had subsided. Only a couple blisters and it's swollen.

2nd day after treatment

Had to change new gauze and applied a thin layer of antibiotic cream in the morning by the end of the work day around 5-6pm took a new look and the tattoo is now almost completely covered in blisters :( Small swelling still occurs. It can hurt when I bump into things. Definitely count working out with weights out for the day or maybe even couple of days. I'll continue to cover it up until the blisters are gone, safer that way I think.

Hey! Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your journey with us! I am sure you will do great! :)
Thanks for sharing your experience! I look forward to more updates to see how the fading is coming along. I actually really like the font of your tattoo :)
aloha scchang, It looks like you will have good results from your R-20 technique. I also had three or four of those types of treatments, but I had lidocaine shots before hand. I think the pain is subjective, some people think it's like oil splatter, while others think it's more intense. It also depends where on your body as well as a host of other variables. But it seems like you've got your first session under your belt and you're on the road to some fantastic fading. Good luck with the next session, and follow your after care advice. I was told no physical activities for at least two days. I always had to take a day to recover, and deal with the depressed feelings. Fading continues long after the blister has healed, which is always welcomed. Good luck, keep us posted, aloha...k
I am so glad you took the time to share your experience with us in such detail!! I was thinking the 2nd pass was going to be brutal for you, so glad it wasn't. I would love for you to add the video, sorry you were having trouble - here is a link from our Support Section to help you with that. Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Keep us posted!

Welcome to the site! Looks like you had a good treatment there. Can't wait to see how you get on. :-)