Not Worth It!!! - Cincinnati, OH

I had my procedure done in Cincinnati Ohio. I...

I had my procedure done in Cincinnati Ohio. I live in Indiana and discovered that the reason LSL does not have an office here is b/c it is illegal to practice without a license. They gave me the medication to relax and put me in a twilight state. When they took me back to the procedure area I was still totally cognizant! When I told the doctor he said not to worry the injections to numb the face would be the only part that was painful. That was true, BUT I felt the pressure of each incision and heard the wrapping of the skin. All this while the doctor was humming a tune. I felt like I was in the most horrid nightmare ever. To make a long story short the healing time was long. In fact I am still not back to normal. I have clear scarring behind both ears and pain every time I turn over at night. I have an ugly scar under my chin and neck is uneven. I would actually be ok with some of this if it made a huge difference in my appearance, but the reality is it didn't! Please don't be fooled by slick advertising and go to an actual board certified surgeon. I found out after the fact (stupid me) that my surgeon was actually an ear, nose, and throat doctor.

Thanks for the post and the warnings. You weren't stupid--just trusting. Darn those hard-sell commercials. Sorry about what happened to you. I hope the pain and scars go away quickly.
i've read posts from many LsL patients who are not happy with their result.
note: facial plastic surgery is a sub-specialty of en & t surgeons (otolaryngologists). many of the pioneer plastic surgeons in america were en & t's.
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Smyth is a pleasant person. I think he is a bit more experienced with the procedure, but does not have the precision of a board certified plastic surgeon.